Confessions Tour Billboard Boxscore Thread

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Guest northernlad

Erm WOW at the Horsens report, I had no idea tickets topped out over $500 there. & Prague is just shy of selling out.. (apparently the base amt was the actual max venue capacity)

total gross now over $170m, attendance around 1,050,000

Interesting note, The Stones need to submit their European grosses by the 30th of this month to qualify for top tour of the year... if they don't :fag:

Guest boytoyville

I can't believe Prague didn't sellout. That is such bullshit. She shouldn't have went there. It's such a week market anyway. Argh...I really wanted ALL of the shows to sell out!

Guest northernlad

That is the stupidest utterance in this entire thread... they were 676 tickets short, and the per night gross was higher than any other arena stop on the tour besides Las Vegas & Atlantic City.

Guest boytoyville

I am going to blame the ticket prices for the Prague shows the reason they didn't sell out. I mean seriously why do the tickets top out at a higher price there, than in Germany or France which have MUCH better economies. Still though, I can't get over it. I really thought the whole tour would sell out. I wonder about the Moscow show now given that they has 20,000 more tickets on sale at the last second. The only thing that makes me feel better about this is the fact that on Michael Jacksons tours he didn't always sell out as well. In fact usually it was the eastern european markets that didn't sell so....yeah. I don't know I guess I'm pretty dissapointed in this news. She is obviously still doing AMAZING but I'm all about perfection and it's the only damper of the tour thus far!

Madonna

Sazka Arena

Prague, Czech Republic

Sept. 6-7, 2006

$5,861,668

37,666 /

0 / 2

$227.11, $55.53

676 tickets leftover?!

That bitch should've sold it for US$9.60! :americanlife:

And drop Prague from Madonna future tour list! :hurt:

Guest jamesshot
I am going to blame the ticket prices for the Prague shows the reason they didn't sell out. I mean seriously why do the tickets top out at a higher price there, than in Germany or France which have MUCH better economies. Still though, I can't get over it. I really thought the whole tour would sell out. I wonder about the Moscow show now given that they has 20,000 more tickets on sale at the last second. The only thing that makes me feel better about this is the fact that on Michael Jacksons tours he didn't always sell out as well. In fact usually it was the eastern european markets that didn't sell so....yeah. I don't know I guess I'm pretty dissapointed in this news. She is obviously still doing AMAZING but I'm all about perfection and it's the only damper of the tour thus far!

Its not like the arena was half empty.

Guest boytoyville
That is the stupidest utterance in this entire thread... they were 676 tickets short, and the per night gross was higher than any other arena stop on the tour besides Las Vegas & Atlantic City.

I'm just being pissy, I know but I can't help it. I really wanted all the dates to sellout. It's my anal side coming out! No pun intended. lol

I'm just being pissy, I know but I can't help it. I really wanted all the dates to sellout. It's my anal side coming out! No pun intended. lol

Ok try this:

---------------------------------------------

Artist/Event: Mariah Carey, Sean Paul

Venue: TD Banknorth Garden

City/State: Boston, Mass.

Event Dates: Aug. 21, 2006

Gross Sales: $1,034,794

Attend/Capacity: 11,993 / 14,922

Shows/Sellouts: 1 / 0

Prices: $127, $17

Promoters: Live Nation

Feeling better right now? action-smiley-076.gif

53/55 shows sold out so far...

$170,362,019 grossed so far...

1,049,164 tickets sold so far...

$30m more needed and only 5 shows left to be reported. This gonna be close. It all depends on Japan. Wasn´t tickets there extremly expensive. What´s the number of audience there? 100.000 in total?

$30m more needed and only 5 shows left to be reported. This gonna be close. It all depends on Japan. Wasn´t tickets there extremly expensive. What´s the number of audience there? 100.000 in total?

Tokyo Dome capacity 55,000

Osaka Dome capacity 55,000

All 1st date of each city has sold out. Total tix = 110,000 (2 shows only)

Whereas for Mimi TAOM, she has sold out almost all 5 dates but the total was just 116,000 tix.

Even if all Madonna 2nd dates sold only 10%, it will STILL outsell Mimi :rosey:

Guest boytoyville
Ok try this:

That actually did make me feel a lot better. lol. Thank you! :asian:

I completely agree with you I wanted a sellout tour. Al Kylieda will be calling it a flop tour!

Ok try this:

LOL :lmao:

Can someone post or direct me to the Mariah reported gross per venue?

thanks

Guest Topaz Scorpio
I completely agree with you I wanted a sellout tour. Al Kylieda will be calling it a flop tour!

Kylie is not selling out her own tour, so they can hardly say a thing.

Is there anyone who has sold out all dates on a tour any time recently?

How is this for comparison?

So far, Billboard has published for Mariah:

Sellouts: 5 out of 10 tour dates

Attendance: 131,780 out of 138,748 (6,968 tickets unsold)

Gross: $9,926,817

As for Madonna, let us just take the 2 Netherlands date and the 2 non-sellout CZ dates

Sellouts: 2 out of 4

Attendance: 139,996 out of 140,672 (676 tickets unsold)

Gross: $17,644,922

Who wins?

Madonna wins hands down.

Moreover, we can expect more non-sellouts for the remaining tour for Mariah. I am keeping track of Mariah's tour because it pisses me off when lambs says that Mariah will sell more tickets than Madonna. Right now, regardless of how cheap her tickets are selling, I do not believe Mariah are able to sell more tickets than Madonna unless she is planning to have a 5 years world tour for the Mimi album :crazy:

Guest ngoannga

Last updates from ticketmaster:

Sat, 09/16/06

08:00 PM Mariah Carey

American Airlines Center

Dallas, TX Find Tickets

Cancelled Mariah Carey

Pepsi Center

Denver, CO More Info

currently not on sale

Cancelled Mariah Carey - Club Seating

Pepsi Center

Denver, CO More Info

currently not on sale

Cancelled KeyArena Parking At 1st Avenue North Garage: Mariah Carey

First Avenue North Garage

Seattle, WA More Info

currently not on sale

Cancelled KeyArena Parking At Mercer Street Garage: Mariah Carey

Mercer Street Garage

Seattle, WA More Info

currently not on sale

Cancelled Mariah Carey

KeyArena

Seattle, WA More Info

currently not on sale

Wed, 09/27/06

ARCO Arena

Sacramento, CA Find Tickets :lmao::lmao:

Sat, 09/30/06

MGM Grand Hotel

Las Vegas, NV Find Tickets

Mon, 10/02/06

Oakland Arena

Oakland, CA Find Tickets

Wed, 10/04/06

ipayOne Center at the Sports Arena

San Diego, CA Find Tickets

Fri, 10/06/06

STAPLES Center

Los Angeles, CA Find Tickets

Sun, 10/08/06

07:30 PM Mariah Carey

Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim

Anaheim, CA Find Tickets

Tue, 10/10/06

07:30 PM Mariah Carey

US Airways Center formerly America West Arena

Phoenix, AZ Find Tickets

Guest jamesshot

It is a triumph that Madonna has sold out nearly all of her shows at very high prices( and we all know she could have done even more shows at many cities).

Who knows what happened in Prague. Could be everyone thought it was sold out and no one went to the box office. I mean, it just missed selling out. Who cares.

Russia probably isnt a sell out either but that would be no surprise given the horrendous organization of the concert there. Its a miracle it even happened.

So, are her Japan dates all sold out?

before some people here start to freak out, note that this is just for North America!

Tim McGraw, Faith Hill tour biggest so far of 2006

By Dean Goodman

Reuters

Wednesday, September 13, 2006; 12:26 PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Nashville couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have smashed the record for the highest-grossing tour in country music history, selling $89 million worth of tickets on their just-completed trek, a spokesman said on Wednesday.

The previous record of $62 million was set by Kenny Chesney last year. Additionally, the couple's Soul2Soul II tour is currently the top-grossing North American tour of any musical genre for 2006, just ahead of the $86 million raked in by Madonna, according to concert trade publication Pollstar.

But Pollstar editor Gary Bongiovanni expects the Rolling Stones to finish the year on top with sales of more than $100 million. The British rockers earned $52.5 million during the first half of the year, and will kick off a two-month stadium tour in Boston next Wednesday.

McGraw and Hill's tour of 55 cities began on April 21 in Columbus, Ohio, and ended on September 3 after three consecutive nights at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. In all, they performed 73 shows, of which 53 were sellouts -- including two nights at Madison Square Garden in New York and three at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

"We have been blessed over the past several months to have the opportunity to do what it is that we love to do most," they said in a statement.

"We've spent time with the most passionate and professional individuals in the business (our crew), we've seen the beauty that is our country and we've been honored to have had the chance to meet so many fans along the way. It's an experience that could be difficult to replicate."

The biggest audience they played to on one night was more than 20,000 people during their second show at The Palace of Auburn, near Detroit, while the most people at a single venue was 50,000 during the couple's three-night stand at Staples Center.

Next on the horizon for the couple: McGraw stars in the October 20 feature film release "Flicka," while Hill is set to issue a new single, "Stealing Kisses," from her 2005 album "Fireflies."

At the Country Music Association Awards, set for November 6, they have been nominated for musical event of the year for "Like We Never Loved At All," while Hill has additionally been nominated for female vocalist of the year.

Reuters/VNU

Guest boytoyville
Really... some people! :)

Most tours actually don't sell every ticket- I think U2 may have been an axception in recent years. Not sure about the Stones (they probably had soem short).

The Stones indeed have not sold out a few dates here and there.... I doubt every date was sold out on the Vertigo Tour for U2 but I don't know for sure on that one.