Confessions Tour Billboard Boxscore Thread

Guest Beautiful Stranger

"jeyanh" on the Icon forum:

NOT LIKELY TO TOP 200 million US$.

Here are the reasons:

1) WITH 15 concerts left (from Hannover to Osaka, revenues not reported yet), Confessions need to generate 5.3 million US$ per night which is quite on the high side. Just take a look at the US dates- 86 million US$ generated from 34 concerts- making 2.5 million US$ per night!

2) The only heavyweight revenue generaters are Hannover / Horsens / Amsterdam/ Japan concerts. Not enough in number to boost revenues.

Heavy weights on revenue will be the following:

Hannover : most likely similar revenue as Dusseldorf = Approx. 6 million US$

Horsens: most likely to be in 6 million US$ range

Amsterdam:most likely to be in 6 million US$ range

However Czech Republic and Russia concerts will be low on the revenue. Recall RIT Lisbon, two nights generaged 3 million US$, similar would be valid for Prague.

For Paris, Bercy, recall that RIT generaged 7.3 million US$ in 4 nights. Same would be valid for Confessions.

It all depends on how Japan revenues come in. Osaka Dome has 48.000 capacity, Tokyo Dome has 55.000 capacity- reported sell out for both concerts is 80.000.

She added two extra nights. So lets say another 80.000 tickets.

Ticket prices were 14.000 Yen, 10.000 Yen, 50.000 Yen- lets take average 14.000 YEN which is 120 US$.

Math tells us that we can expect 19 million US$ revenu from Japanese concerts!

PREDICTION: 180 million US$ Confessions Tour Revenues!

Guest secretboy
fuck! that sucks...

:manson: how awful for madonna not to gross $200M. i expect we'll be seeing her begging door to door next.

Where is CANDY when you need her?

Im always here in spirit Princess L Skankerson :vogue:

Although HEC predictions are valid and always respected, we need to take into account the "WHAT IFS"

1) ANOTHER MOSCOW DATE?

2) FROM HEC: ITS A 12 MILLION DIFFERENTIAL-THATS REALLY NOT INSURMOUNTABLE ! IT COULD HAPPEN - SHE NEVER PERFORMED IN RUSSIA OR PRAGUE-SO WE DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL GENERATE? WE CANT EVEN EXTRAPOLATE!

3) JAPAN: IT MAY SURPRISE US WITH MORE $$$ THAN EXPECTED.

I TRULY BELIEVE SHE HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF A TIE OR WIN-THAN A LOSS

(CONSIDERING MANY MORE NUANCES THAT CAN BE IMPUTED IN HECs Calculation)

They're not my calculations, I copied and pasted it from "jeyanh" on the Icon forum. I think some of his #s are a bit off actually and that she'll gross in the $190 million range.

Im always here in spirit Princess L Skankerson[/color] :vogue:

Although HEC predictions are valid and always respected, we need to take into account the "WHAT IFS"

1) ANOTHER MOSCOW DATE?

2) FROM HEC: ITS A 12 MILLION DIFFERENTIAL-THATS REALLY NOT INSURMOUNTABLE ! IT COULD HAPPEN - SHE NEVER PERFORMED IN RUSSIA OR PRAGUE-SO WE DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL GENERATE? WE CANT EVEN EXTRAPOLATE!

3) JAPAN: IT MAY SURPRISE US WITH MORE $$$ THAN EXPECTED.

I TRULY BELIEVE SHE HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF A TIE OR WIN-THAN A LOSS

(CONSIDERING MANY MORE NUANCES THAT CAN BE IMPUTED IN HECs Calculation)

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Guest Xanthium

We already know that the Rolling Stones will have the biggest tour of the year but Madonna will have the biggest tour of the year and of all time for a female artist!

I read in other forum, i could get 196 million. Not the 200M barrier but enogh to get Cher's ass out of the top

By the way, going back to recent Billboard reports for the European shows, I would just like to point out that, as far as the Rome gig is concerned, even though Billboard reported this show as being sold-out with more than 63,000 tickets sold, I can tell you that more than 70,000 tickets were actually sold by the promoter. I know this for a fact.

This is further demonostration of the fact that the numbers reported by Billboard for sold out shows are just the numbers that Madonna's management and the promoters agreed upon before the tickets went on sale. I guess that in that way even if the promoter ends up selling more tickets, these extra tickets sold will most likely not be reported to Billboard by the promoter/venue.

The Rome gig is a demonstration of the fact that, even though the number that they had agreed upon was the number reported by Billboard, the promoter ended up putting on sale a higher number of tickets and these extra tickets were all sold. In the end Madonna performed in front of more than 70,000 people instead of the 63,000 reported.

The [real] total gross for the Rome gig must have surely exceeded 6,000,000 USD after all was said and done. I wonder if any of the extra money made with these additional 7,000 tickets ended in Madonna's pockets.

Has this phenomenon been experienced at other gigs or venues?

Not sure why Billboard kept mentioning M having the biggest-grossing tour for a female- found an old article, and it clearly stated that Cher's North American tour grossed $194 million and change, and then well over $200 million with dates from Europe and Australia. Hmmm...

Guest boytoyville
Not sure why Billboard kept mentioning M having the biggest-grossing tour for a female- found an old article, and it clearly stated that Cher's North American tour grossed $194 million and change, and then well over $200 million with dates from Europe and Australia. Hmmm...

I tried telling you all of that months ago but nobody believed me. The real figure for Cher is around 250 million.

In the WORLD GUINESS- there absolutely NO MENTION re: Cher.

Madonna is clearly stated as having the MOST SUCCESSFUL FEMALE ARTIST EVER.

ALSO: MADONNA has grossed MORE MONEY from CONCERTS than any other female.

I believe BILLBOARD. This propaganda re: Cher here @ this forum is a MYTH.

If NOT , I would like for someone to POST A GENUINE ARTICLE from a REPUTEABLE source that confirms CHER has the HIGHEST GROSSING CONCERT with either 190. 194. or 250 $$$$.!

That would settle all arguements. FOR NOW ITS MADONNA AND BILLBOARD IS CORRECT RE BIGGEST GROSSING CONCERT BY A FEMALE IS WHAT I BELIEVE.