WHY ARE YOU SERVING BAD FISH?

IsaacHarris

2095bpg.png

I'll never forget the day I found this GEM of cinema in a $5.00 bargain bin... My life would forever be changed. I watched Swept Away with a friend of mine (she's a big Madge loon as well) & we both roared in laughter. The movie is funny, sometimes unintentionally, and not as bad as I expected. Madonna is a shitty actress MOST of the time, but with that said, I still enjoyed the film.

-Her costars were decent. Especially her bitchy gal-pal Marina! "Stop being such a pussy, Michael." :rotfl:

Adriano Giannini was a believable love interest (& for some reason I kept thinking of Jesus Luz whenever he was onscreen)

-The story is predictable... No surprise there! And I've never seen the original, so I don't know how this remake holds up to it.

-THE FACE was there, but that tan aged her significantly. It worked for her 'character' though.

2ztlrwx.png

2nuozu0.png

-It kind've drags along for a bit, but thankfully, it's only 90 minutes long! Madonna's emotional scenes are actually believable towards the end. Oscar worthy? No; but in Madonna's case, i'd say its a HUGE improvement from her awkward acting script reading in Body of Evidence. The movie is definitely enjoyable!

-Oh, I almost forgot about the 'dream sequence' ...the highlight of the film!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBi4uqif7os

I'M GONNA GIVE YOU EVERYTHANG!!!!

:dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker

isaac harris - no matter how many times ive seen it and i know how its going to end - im always hoping for a different ending. and i just get so sad. its the most bizarre thing.

isaac harris - no matter how many times ive seen it and i know how its going to end - im always hoping for a different ending. and i just get so sad. its the most bizarre thing.

I will say this; the ending caught me by surprise. We expected the usual romantic reunion, but my friend & I were actually SAD when the two of them didn't reunite. :( Madonna cried, The ring fell into the ocean, & I was floored.

Guest Pud Whacker

I will say this; the ending caught me by surprise. We expected the usual romantic reunion, but my friend & I were actually SAD when the two of them didn't reunite. :( Madonna cried, The ring fell into the ocean, & I was floored.

totally and i love the ring in the ocean ending with the credits. xo

I really liked her wardrobe in this movie. Very stylish. I also like the use of "Fade Into You" by Mazzey Star in the middle part of the film when she realizes she's falling in love.

I really liked her wardrobe in this movie. Very stylish. I also like the use of "Fade Into You" by Mazzey Star in the middle part of the film when she realizes she's falling in love.

YEEEEEEEES! And the part when they float away is :dramatic:

Guest Not4Pussies

not a great movie

but not bad to watch once in a while on a boring afternoon

she looks really rough in this movie but then again she had just finished DWT

i still love the style she has in this

i agree. as shit as the film is .....something in me longs for a sequal.

i know right? can u believe i just said that.

SWEPT AWAY 2 : PEEPEE loves AMBER

my fav line in the film is in the extras on the dvd that was cut from the film.

they are all drunk gettin off a small boat from town & the captain says the waters are filled with great whites...and the bimbo says

GREAT WHITE WHAT? and then she giggles like only a bimbo can.

i love it.

that entire film is a true testament to MADONNAs amazing transformation in reversing the hands of time.

Imagine if she had never done any face work..she looked like this in 2002 ? can u imagine now ?

2095bpg.png

2ztlrwx.png

2nuozu0.png

-

Watch the original for fuck's sake.

After seeing the original I realized how bad this one truly is.. they got rid of the whole POINT of the movie, being so "intellectual" like M always said of ritchie, I can't believe he changed the movie so much for the worse. he ruined lina's concept , her reason to have made this film in the 70s. everyone who's seen this one should watch the original. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw amber and her husband arguing about communism & capitalism. its a strong political movie but you can still laugh with it all (in the first part of it anyway)

I first liked ritchie's swept away movie and was so surprised by the ending, I didnt think her acting was bad at all especially the last 15 minutes. (if so many of u are about to cry when watching the end her acting can't possibly be that bad, now can it?) But after seeing the original I really dont think its M's fault that this movie did so bad, ritchie got rid of all the important & meaningful things that were in the original. he's truly the one to blame. imo.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVUWZxO-XAufYsaOvzE9VZOo6jNbnSjd2HDYybGWy-aRuSj2Y&t=1&usg=__JDYgKfUFNCqeeeBKI4Xm5j2TcD8=

Worst Madonna acting

Worst Madonna looks

Worst Madonna face

Worst Madonna arms

Worst Madonna skin

Worst Madonna wrinkles

Worst Madonna's ex-husband directing

WORST MADONNA :nocomment:

The Hermes scraf she worn in the movie sold out becos of this movie. :dramatic:

I agree with all of that but im glad this movie was made than not be made. I like it.

Although, had she not filmed this, it's possible she would have been available to film CHICAGO, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture that year. Shame... Bob Fosse always wanted to cast her, and she was attached to the project several times. Just wasn't meant to be, unfortunately. I would much rather have had CHICAGO than SWEPT AWAY, but... oh well.

Arianne is the one to credit for all the style in the movie -- Madonna does well to continue to entrust more style responsibilities to her. Bodes well for W.E. that she's involved.

And the Come on'a My House fantasy sequence is hands-down my favorite moment/scene of the film. Goes to show you M's [directorial] instincts are spot on: In the behind-the-scenes making-of featurette, you see them fighting (fake fighting?) about the scene -- how Madonna wants a gown and jewels and a dancefloor and a band. Guy wants her to dance in a bikini on the sand. She refuses; he caves. The crew starts digging in the sand to install the dancefloor. And look how the scene ultimately turned out. An oasis in the film. She was right.

But after seeing the original I really dont think its M's fault that this movie did so bad, ritchie got rid of all the important & meaningful things that were in the original. he's truly the one to blame. imo.

I agree with this. I like both versions. M's swept away is like her American Pie version of the original. But it's not horrible like people say. Not that I am a barometer for anything, but, I can't sit still if I don't like something, like a child. I have to also talk if something sucks. I didn't respond that way to M's version. I actually followed and liked it. I found it all comical with the ending being extremely heart breaking for me. It's a very lonely movie towards the end. It goes from happy and dry camp to reality.

Guest chatty kathy

that entire film is a true testament to MADONNAs amazing transformation in reversing the hands of time.

Imagine if she had never done any face work..she looked like this in 2002 ? can u imagine now ?

:dramatic: True dat gemini. Even from those of us who bitched about the cheeks for the R&RHoF.

Thank goodness for whatever she uses.

It's not necessarily the tan that makes her look bad, it's the blonde eyebrows and light/neutral colored makeup.

Her skin was clearly hurt by sun, the wrinkles that we don't see today were there, especially the lines around the mouth. The grandma hair was a mess, she definately looked like a 90 years old hooker. All the exhaust of the Drowned World Tour was there.

Guest bluejean

Although, had she not filmed this, it's possible she would have been available to film CHICAGO, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture that year. Shame... Bob Fosse always wanted to cast her, and she was attached to the project several times. Just wasn't meant to be, unfortunately. I would much rather have had CHICAGO than SWEPT AWAY, but... oh well.

She ditched Chicago for this??

Man, biggest mistake of her acting career. Although I hate to say, Chicago might have been snubbed at the Oscars had Madonna been in it :lol:

Guest bluejean

Madonna would have been good in Chicago but Catherine Zeta owned that role.

True, but wasn't it the role of Roxie she was being considered for?