The Blackest White Folks

Nightshade

I dont know about this article but I do know that Madonna is one of the biggest proponents that no matter if youre male or female, gay or straight, black or white, its the inside that counts and that makes her one of the most liberated people I know.

I'm note sure what this shit means..But I've always noticed Hip Hop & R 'n' B bitches being

very complimentary towards her..even big soul voices who could easily dismiss her based on

vocal ability.

Many won the respect of LOTS of black people with the "Like A Prayer" video. Yes, there were the stupid ones who couldn't get past the burning crosses. Chuck D of Public Enemy came out in support of her after that video. For Madonna to cast not just a black actor but one with VERY African American features as the saint was a big deal to the African American community. It showed her anti-racist message in the video was sincere. Also, with the "Vogue" video, we saw the worlds biggest star on the planet putting blacks & latinos front & center (quite fabulously). Madonna was obviously a champion for minorities.

Madonna: Soul Sista!! :queenbitch:

One of the reasons why I love M so much is that she doesn't give a fuck about race. Growing up as a biracial kid and dealing with all kinds of racial slurs, I kinda found comfort in that aspect of her personality. We need more people like her (and less people like Mel Gibson).

Many won the respect of LOTS of black people with the "Like A Prayer" video. Yes, there were the stupid ones who couldn't get past the burning crosses. Chuck D of Public Enemy came out in support of her after that video. For Madonna to cast not just a black actor but one with VERY African American features as the saint was a big deal to the African American community. It showed her anti-racist message in the video was sincere. Also, with the "Vogue" video, we saw the worlds biggest star on the planet putting blacks & latinos front & center (quite fabulously). Madonna was obviously a champion for minorities.

Madonna: Soul Sista!! :queenbitch:

Wasnt the saint she was supposed to be portraing actually black?

Wasnt the saint she was supposed to be portraing actually black?

Sort of. There are a lot of mixed messages in that video. There was supposed to be a connection between the black man (who was misunderstood as the rapist at the beginning) with the saint from the church. The saint had black skin too, but the suggestion seems to be that it's from the statue degrading...as opposed to being a statue representative of a 'black saint'. The main point is that the black man is holy and is good and widely misunderstood, except by the eyes of God. It's a very potent message and it's annoying that Nikki didn't appear in the video.

Sort of. There are a lot of mixed messages in that video. There was supposed to be a connection between the black man (who was misunderstood as the rapist at the beginning) with the saint from the church. The saint had black skin too, but the suggestion seems to be that it's from the statue degrading...as opposed to being a statue representative of a 'black saint'. The main point is that the black man is holy and is good and widely misunderstood, except by the eyes of God. It's a very potent message and it's annoying that Nikki didn't appear in the video.

YEAH thanks for that INSIGHTFUL ANALYSIS of what weve always known since 1989 but what I said is that it was specific saint in the video, she mentioned him by name at some point and that saint was supposed to be black.

A very sheltered friend from Ohio spent some time with me last year. In our drunken state, I put on M's video collection. Some bootleg shit I got from that shiny-faced dude from MMAD. Remember Tony, y'all? Actually, he's cool now... and not so shiny.

Anyhow, she noticed how Madonna had all kinds of races in her early videos (something I never thought of). And that is one thing she's never stopped doing: representing as many people as possible. I don't think it has been an overly-conscious thing on her part. It's just who she is.

Madonna always had hood credibility. :erotica: <--- The Gold Tooth in Erotica was so ghetto.

Always had and always will. Hood people appreciate someone like her. It's true, because you know I work with some of the roughest people in DC, and of course I have to sneak a Madonna mention in on occasion. "Cool ass bitch. I'd fuck the shit outta her." The chicks love her, too. "She bomb." :horn:

Always had and always will. Hood people appreciate someone like her. It's true, because you know I work with some of the roughest people in DC, and of course I have to sneak a Madonna mention in on occasion. "Cool ass bitch. I'd fuck the shit outta her." The chicks love her, too. "She bomb." :horn:

Black women tend to love Madonna, I've noticed that too. Love that.

My dad used to have a crush on her. Rather embarassing, haha. And he was as hood as they come :boxing:

One thing I've noticed, it's mostly str8 blacks who like M, the gay ones are obsessed with Mimi and those other bitches. Who said you should be gay in order to like her? :fag:

2 quote the big ass dicked Dennis Rodman while promoting his 'As bad as I wanna be'

'She could toss her fame & fortune in the ocean..whoever has her now. God, hold on to her, she's so special.'

I WANT THUG MISSUS KHIA 2 COME OUT & ENDORSE THE QUEEN! :wow:

2 quote the big ass dicked Dennis Rodman while promoting his 'As bad as I wanna be'

'She could toss her fame & fortune in the ocean..whoever has her now. God, hold on to her, she's so special.'

I WANT THUG MISSUS KHIA 2 COME OUT & ENDORSE THE QUEEN! :wow:

Khia.. I don't know about that woman. I love Thug Missus, but she's such a hater. (though her hatred for Janet is very entertaining)

36birthday199414pj7.jpg

I really hope she didn't let this dude fuck her.

And :rotfl:@ you pulling up pics of her w/black people. :inlove: you, acko.

I'm just taking the piss.. :fag:

It's not racist is it? The whole North American pc-ness leaves me so confused..being 100% eurotrash I lack that sensibility.

Or so I've been told. :)

I'm just taking the piss.. :fag:

It's not racist is it? The whole North American pc-ness leaves me so confused..being 100% eurotrash I lack that sensibility.

Or so I've been told. :)

Of course you are taking the piss. One would have to be an idiot not to realize that.

I live here, and I'm confused by what's acceptable or not, too. I tend to associate with the more 'inappropriate' types, so I don't have to worry about being PC. I'm sure some people outside of this board would take offense, but fuck 'em. Keep doing you, babydoll (eurotrash slut).