heavy flow of bullshit

paradise

:lmao: I love this 'destroy' thing . I actually haven't seen many of Esther's movies. just DSS and Evita and BoE :sassy:

Guest bluejean

The only Madonna movies I liked are as follows:

Desperately Seeking Susan (the classic Madonna movie, even though she's not the star it's a good film and I love her character)

Who's That Girl (I've never understood the flack it cops, it was fun.)

A League Of Their Own (She's barely in it but it's a good film)

Body Of Evidence (Love the sex scenes. Watchable as far as late night telemovies go.)

Four Rooms (A cool movie)

Evita (I love it and I love the soundtrack, her vocals and her acting are good.)

Swept Away (Bad acting but an engaging film, nowhere near as bad as they made out. I was pleasantly surprised.)

Die Another Day (Couldn't go wrong here)

Dick Tracy I find pretty boring although I think she did a good job for what it is. All the others I got bored and fell asleep or switched it off.

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

:lmao:

where u been?

I've been making stupid remixes and stupid videos of stupid TV appearances. Good times! Tee hee. :crazy:

Dick Tracy I find pretty boring although I think she did a good job for what it is. All the others I got bored and fell asleep or switched it off.

Quentin Tarantino said it best when he said that Madonna was the only one who knew what she was doing in Dick Tracy. I find the movie tedious. As for Madonna, I love the way she spits out her lines as Breathless Mahoney. Madonna is good in the movie.

I've been making stupid remixes and stupid videos of stupid TV appearances. Good times! Tee hee. :crazy:

post more babe!

love yer shit!!!!

I watched Dick Tracy recently and I enjoyed it. One of the best movies Madonna has been in. WTG was funny in bits but other parts bad. I think the worst movie Madonna ever made was The Next Best Thing. Absolutely nothing enjoyable at all about it and Madonna's acting was abysmal.

Guest chatty kathy

I have a feeling she will win an Oscar in the not so far future.

I actually love Swept Away.

:rotfl: You've said more than enough already.

I've never seen this movie -- seems like it is pretty dark and disturbing... (Maybe I do need to watch it at some point, though...) In that clip you posted Loomer, I get confused. Is it like they're showing you the meta-movie stuff, with Harvey Keitel as the director, insulting her to get the visceral, angry emotions out of her that he wanted in the scene? But then, it's like they show you the final cut, and he uses what sounds like her original take and then cuts all the lines completely and she just gets shot?! Harsh.

Yes, that scene is very interesting cause it appears she didn't know the camera was on her (hence it being good)

This review from Imdb is interesting

The joke's on Madonna..., 13 May 2002

Author: al666940 from Auckland, New Zealand

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

Well, well, well, finally someone got the better of her. If you compare the similarities between real the movie and the story (Madonna's label Maverick produced this, and she's considered a non talented bimbo actress in the independent movie circuit. In the story her character get to be in the movie only because that way the director can finance it, and he despises her for being a commercial piece of sh#$) you'll see that Madonna mocked herself in the movie, but she didn't realize this until it was too late. It's even captured on film the exact moment she understands this. When the director Israel is rehearsing with her (him reading the lines from the other actor), when she can't get in the right attitude, he starts ad-libbing insulting her big time. He taunts her saying she's a commercial piece of sh$%, and reminds her that he doesn't need her, she needs him (she WANTS to be in this movie) and as he angers her immediately encourages her to say her lines, and at first Madonna looks REALLY puzzled and, as Israel says "do the lines, you commercial piece of sh$%, do the lines...", suddenly she looks as she realized something, and gets really pi#"$% off, and after hesitating for a second, says her lines real good. Well, I think that was Madonna not acting, but realizing that all those insults were directed not at her character, but at herself personally (the director Israel played by Keitel obviously represents the actual film director and writer Ferrara) because that's what most likely Ferrara and Keitel think of her as and actress.

I know, sounds too elaborated, but think of this: she's not a good actress, so that reaction (looked way to real) must have being real, not acted out. And all the similarities between her character and herself are too many and too obvious to be coincidence, and all the insults were dead on. So Ferrara and Keitel gave a piece of their mind (also Russo for that matter) and got away with it. If she wants to be in an artsy film, she has to take it up the @$$, again as her character takes it from Russo and many others according to their home movies.

Sounds about right, she blinks and deadpans a lot, but is suddenly good in that one scene

(Is this the director who criticized her for saying anything remotely negative about the film? That she broke some unspoken Hollywood code that you don't say anything negative about a film?)

Yes

Abel trashes her here. Although his film career is as patchy as hers, not like he's Scorsese.

O: Do you feel like your reputation was affected by the drama over Dangerous Game?

AF: No. It was just another one of our films that never came out. But on that one, the audience didn't really like the film. Madonna killed it. The first impression people get on a movie is the one that never gets out of their mind. So after Madonna got so trashed for doing Body Of Evidence, she thought she was going to beat the critics to the punch and badmouth the film. And she actually got good reviews. She never got a good review from the Voice or The New York Times in her life, but she got good reviews for this movie, which she came out and trashed. I'll never forgive her for it.

O: Did you sense during the production that she was going to be a problem when the film came out?

AF: No, I couldn't believe that. Because no matter what somebody thinks of the film, it's family business. Believe me, I hear it from every actor when they see the final cut of every movie, because the actors only remember the scenes that didn't make it in. But I never had an actor badmouth a movie. It's just something that isn't done. But she's not a film-business person. She doesn't know the protocol, the traditions of the trade.

O: It's about managing her own image, I suppose.

AF: It's being paranoid, man. It's being paranoid and scared, and that's the reason she can't act, because she hasn't got confidence. Because if you don't have confidence, the camera sees that and comes barreling through.

O: She has the confidence to get on stage...

AF: Yeah, she has the confidence to get on stage and sing, but she ain't got confidence to get in front of the camera. I'm talking about a different kind of confidence, that ability to look into the eye of the camera without looking at the camera, you know what I'm saying? What do you think of her fucking films?

O: They're all pretty terrible, but I remember thinking she fit pretty well into Dangerous Game.

AF: Yeah, that's because she plays an actress who's so bad, the director commits suicide. Who else would be better for the part?

Madonna stupidly came out against this movie before it was released, shooting herself in the foot

"It was just another one of our films that never came out. But on that one, the audience didn't really like the film. Madonna killed it. The first impression people get on a movie is the one that never gets out of their mind. So after Madonna got so trashed for doing Body of Evidence, she thought she was going to beat the critics to the punch and badmouth the film. And she actually got good reviews. She never got a good review from the Voice or The New York Times in her life, but she got good reviews for this movie, which she came out and trashed. I'll never forgive her for it." Quote by Abel Ferrera.

Madonna mentioned to Norman Mailer in Harper's Bazaar in 1995 that in the original script that she signed on by Nicholas St. John that her character Sarah Jennings ended up being victorious in the end.
I don't know about the original script, but I believe Madonna's complaint about the film was in the way it was edited. It was apparently a very different movie to the one she shot or believed it would be in the end. She mentioned that when she first saw the completed movie it was like being "kicked in the guts" and that the movie had been entirely changed in the editing process, due to she believed Abel Ferrera being "so far up Harvey Keitel's arse it's unbelievable". I don't think she has any reason to complain as it is the best perfoemance of her career, and she should have been much more lauded for her performance than she was.
In Andrew Morton's (horrible English hack) biography of Madonna there's a whole chapter about Abel Ferrara and the making of 'Dangerous Game'. Mr Ferrara is only too happy to spill the beans about working with Madonna. Madonna told 'The Face' magazine in 1994 that she had wept whilst viewing the final cut as Abel Ferrara had cut all the best stuff out, like where she tells James Russo's character to '**** off!' etc. Mr Ferrara dismisses this as ridiculous in Morton's book, saying something along the lines that it's pathetic to think that they would cut any decent stuff out. There's loads more about the whole making of the film - how she expected to turn up, film and leave and how she found it very difficult to adjust to his method of improvisation etc. There's also full details of a 'HATE' fax she sent to Ferrara upon seeing the film. That's very funny. So Morton's book is worth tracking down as your first point. A lot of the movie was improvised but an original script must be out there somewhere. Lord knows where.

And

Abel's opinion is rather transparant. Madonna & Freddy Demann produced

this film but they gave Abel full creative freedom & final cut. Madonna & Abel didn't get along on the set & she didn't agree with his vision as far as the final resutlt of the 'story' was concerned. Madonna never badmouthed the film as such, but she expressed her 'disagreement'..then the reviews came in and she got better reviews than Abel or the film itself..which pissed Ferrara off.

Now Madonna may b a bitch but Abel Ferrara has quite the reputat,ion himself. His ego was hurt so what else was he to do besides badmouth the the 'Commercial Superstar Whore'. But at the end of the day Madonna is simply brilliant in this.

^ Thanks, Loomer! I agree with what you've quoted from acko. I think the imdb review is smug and presumptuous. He's going to presume to tell us when she's acting and when she's not? I think that's a little unfair. I mean, it's obvious there's a layer of reality to that scene and those lines, which is why it resonates (and why I was able to piece together what was going on, even though I've never seen the film in its entirety)...

The thing is, the ultimate kick in the guts, is that the final edit of the film-within-the-film (the one directed by Keitel's character) doesn't show Madonna's character's blood-sweat-tears performance. He just shows her staring, breathing heavily -- and then she's shot. So all that gut-wrenching emotional ringer she went through, getting verbally abused, didn't make the final cut. (It made it into the film we watch by Abel, but not the one within in the film...)

Or something... I don't know. I just think it's unfair to say "Oh, she's a bad actress, but this is the part where she's good because she doesn't know she's acting..." Really? You know that how exactly?

I guess I just get a little defensive for her. I know there are some bad films that she's in, but they all have their charms and their fans, and some performances might not be as realistic, but they were meant to be cartoony or comical (and maybe didn't achieve the mark because the material fell a little short).

Anyway, thanks for all that digging, loom!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dr.Venus

^ Thanks, Loomer! I agree with what you've quoted from acko. I think the imdb review is smug and presumptuous. He's going to presume to tell us when she's acting and when she's not? I think that's a little unfair. I mean, it's obvious there's a layer of reality to that scene and those lines, which is why it resonates (and why I was able to piece together what was going on, even though I've never seen the film in its entirety)...

The thing is, the ultimate kick in the guts, is that the final edit of the film-within-the-film (the one directed by Keitel's character) doesn't show Madonna's character's blood-sweat-tears performance. He just shows her staring, breathing heavily -- and then she's shot. So all that gut-wrenching emotional ringer she went through, getting verbally abused, didn't make the final cut. (It made it into the film we watch by Abel, but not the one within in the film...)

Or something... I don't know. I just think it's unfair to say "Oh, she's a bad actress, but this is the part where she's good because she doesn't know she's acting..." Really? You know that how exactly?

I guess I just get a little defensive for her. I know there are some bad films that she's in, but they all have their charms and their fans, and some performances might not be as realistic, but they were meant to be cartoony or comical (and maybe didn't achieve the mark because the material fell a little short).

Anyway, thanks for all that digging, loom!

Ive been to other fans sites, i think we all pretty bored. WE NEED A NEW MUSIC FROM MADONNA!

• 2 weeks later...