True Blue

luv luv LUV this song and video!!!! cheesfest but a brilliant, perfect, catchy pop CLASSIC and M song- whether she likes it or not (or blacklists it or not) LOL.

its hard to pick a fave off of True Blue isnt it? I would go with La Isla Bonita as my fave song, and the video...i guess either PDP or True Blue. It is cute and i loved her look then LOL (except those awful flats!)

It's a shame Madonna couldnt have some up with two better songs to close the album, Love Makes The World go Round and Jimmy Jimmy are two of the worst songs Madonna has ever recorded. The album is in my top 5 though, I love it.

It's a shame Madonna couldnt have some up with two better songs to close the album, Love Makes The World go Round and Jimmy Jimmy are two of the worst songs Madonna has ever recorded. The album is in my top 5 though, I love it.

But, we forgive her for this, because she's been making up for it ever since -- she really has had quality "closers" for so many albums! Take a Bow, Gone, Easy Ride, Like It or Not, Voices... all such good closers! For me, Mer Girl was an acquired taste, but it was actually beautiful on the DWT, bookending Sky Fits Heaven. (And I know many love Secret Garden -- again, for me, an acquired taste.) Act of Contrition is a little quirky, but still fab for a closer. And shall we count Vogue for I'm Breathless? Sure! Those are all really great tracks -- pretty eclectic in scope, actually.

But back to discussing True Blue, which is a fabulous album, despite ending (curiously, surprisingly) weakly, as you have noted.

But back to discussing True Blue, which is a fabulous album, despite ending (curiously, surprisingly) weakly, as you have noted.

My OWN track listing of True Blue:

1. "Papa Don't Preach"

2. "Open Your Heart"

3. "Live to Tell"

4. "White Heat"

5. "Causing a Commotion"

6. "The Look of Love"

7. "Where's the Party"

8. "True Blue"

9. "Spotlight"

10. "La Isla Bonita"

It's almost a mini greatest hits album. Madonna is the fucking emperor, empress, king, and queen of pop music so suck that mothafuckas.

"Open Your Heart" - it's just got so much propulsion in the bass line. Love it.

"Live to Tell" is probably some of her best songwriting ever though.