"Glee": The Power of Madonna

HolidayGuy

If you want it, you already got it?

Later the lyric says "Imma give you what you want" - well, if you're gonna give it to me, that means I don't already have it :-

it makes sense, maybe u just dont know the lingo is all, lol shes teasing him dum dum

give u want u want prolly innuendo and shit, duh

The kids from Fox TV's "Glee" could earn their first No. 1 on the U.S. pop album chart next week with "The Power of Madonna" soundtrack.

The companion album from the show's same-named episode, which aired Tuesday to much fanfare, has a shot at selling in the range of 100,000 to 125,000 copies by week's end on May 1, according to industry prognosticators. Final data will be issued on Wednesday.

The best week for a "Glee" set was racked when its "Season One, The Music Volume 2" soundtrack began at No. 3 with 173,000 last December.

From Billboard (madonnatribe)

Guest Pud Whacker

Probably the Immaculate Collection instead.

arent those considered, oh what are they called? catalog albums?

With the MJ craziness last summer, Billboard changed their rules so catalog albums now actually chart on the Top 200 Albums chart. so madonna will definitely be back on there next week with at least two or three albums.

There may not be enough physical copies left, as no more new ones will be shipped! :thumbsdown:

speaking of, the Glee soundtrack is cleaned out the couple of places I've been to since yesterday (and a friend said she can't find it).

Just saw the episode. I cant believe i missed it on tuesday, well I was busy with LOST.

Anyway, amazing promo and homage for Madge

I wonder if this was done the same week Celebration was released it would have perhaps done wonders in the charts. anyway.

Unless some albums benefited in physical sales, I think Celebration will be the only Madge album on the BB 200 next week.

They added standalone singles for the "Glee" tracks? Why bother, when the EP's out? Among the "Glee" tracks, LAP, B/OYH, 4M and LAV should chart on the Hot 100. EY, will be close, but if anything, Bubbling Under. WIFLFAG maybe BU and "Vogue" hasn't done as well, so that may miss BU.

Because that line doesn't make any sense...just a thought.

If you want it, you already got it?

Later the lyric says "Imma give you what you want" - well, if you're gonna give it to me, that means I don't already have it :-)

It's a way of saying, "If you want it, it's yours." Like when one says, "They want this done yesterday." It means they want it done NOW.

And if "it" is love, well, that's something you give over and over again. So just because it's already been given doesn't mean she's not going to give it again in the future.

But really, the lyrics to "4 Minutes" shouldn't be over-intellectualized or overanalyzed. As Madonna said herself about the lyrical composition with Justin Timberlake -- it's not really about the meaning of the words so much as the sound of the words, their rhythm, etc. (I may not be quoting verbatim here, but she did say something along these lines. Which is why you get a line like "Keep it up keep it up don't be a pri(hey)madonna / you gotta get'em a -- hop" or some such nonsense. It's not really intelligible -- it's just about the sound/meter of the words.

I loved it! Amazing episode -- I hope they re-run it again soon I only caught Vogue and LAV! :lol:

It's re-airing on Friday night at 9:00 p.m. Eastern (because of the American Idol running over time effect).

Debbie downer, why, because I'm looking at things sensibly? Wouldn't one rather have that than post-charts reactions like, "I can't believe this or that didn't chart"? :D

Has anyone here bought any of the "Glee" songs?

Just watched this show for the first time on hulu, loved it! what a cute little show. nice to see the high ratings as well :)

Love the soundtrack too. doubt i'll watch the show from now on, but i did enjoy this episode in particular.

I liked that WIFLFAG with the guys (reminds me of the pop boy bands), and that virgin guy in the show is hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifXIz9CcYzQ&feature=player_embedded

yes, they will repeat it tonight

how does re-airing an episode actually perform in the US..is there a chance that many people will still be tuning in...or maybe very little only?

Well, who knows! It depends on what's on the other networks! But even if 1 million people watch it, we should be very happy!!! I guess 2-3 million people are gonna watch it for sure. Plus, it's Friday. Teens don't have to go to school the next day and they spend lots of time in front of the TV. Maybe a bunch of 15 year old boys who still don't want to admit that they are gay, will become new fans! :wow: