What are your concerns for Madonna this decade?

erotica blu

I don´´t know...I hope she realises that is not that important to have the last producers and produces only the music that she feels...and then promotes it!

of course I want her to tour, in places no bigger than 25.000 people...and I want her to tour all over the world, not only the same old countries...

and i miss some ballads...

but I´´m sure that she´´ll deliver something interesting this decade

Guest edsalas

I don´´t know...I hope she realises that is not that important to have the last producers and produces only the music that she feels...and then promotes it!

of course I want her to tour, in places no bigger than 25.000 people...and I want her to tour all over the world, not only the same old countries...

and i miss some ballads...

but I´´m sure that she´´ll deliver something interesting this decade

Ditto!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest ursaminorjim

So, she wasn't "feeling" the songs she did for Hard Candy? And the tour wasn't promotion?

:blink:

I'm confused...

Unlike some loons, I have no expectations for Madonna.....never have. I guess that's why I don't get flustered when she releases new projects. I'm just here for the ride, wherever she takes me I'm cool with. Hopefully I'll find it interesting enough to continue to care.

I could care less if the younger generation (or any generation for that matter) thinks of Madonna as the new Cher. The younger generation isn't going to have a great interest in her anyways at this point. I will be 30 this year and even when I was in middle/high school Madonna was past her "cool" years with the majority of the youth. Whoever thinks Madonna is going to be "hot" with the youth....regardless of what she does.....needs to PM me and make arrangements to send me whatever pills you are taking. :)

Quite frankly I'm surprised Madonna has as many younger fans as she does now (just going by the ones in this forum).

Bingo!

I like to further add, I have no concerns at all. I want her to just do her own thing as she ALWAYS has. The day I cannot appreciate her music and/or entertainment to the extent I do now, will be the day I step away. Getting worked up and disappointed about her projects seems quite useless to me since she never once relied on my opinions before when she went to the top. Hell, even in her early days, she rarely listened to anyone, and look where she is.

I know she will never produce the phenomenal hits she did in the past. Eventually, everyone runs out of steam, but there is no doubt in my mind, she's relying on her experiences in life and connections to keep doing her thing. And I still enjoy her work, so I'm content.

Guest edsalas

So, she wasn't "feeling" the songs she did for Hard Candy? And the tour wasn't promotion?

I'm confused...

zx

Yeah, the tour definitely was promotion but I have doubts about Madonna ACTUALLY looking forward to do the kind of music she did in Hard Candy.

Guest ursaminorjim

...I have doubts about Madonna ACTUALLY looking forward to do the kind of music she did in Hard Candy.

Based on what?

So why not drop the (painfully studied and calculated) eccentricities and try to be the person you are in all facets of your life instead of acting like a tit with a martyr complex and a desperate need for attention here?

Just a suggestion. :)

There's no act to drop. It's not like I sit at home with a pen and notepad, figuring out what I'm going to post on Madonnanation. :rotfl: I do love attention, I'm not going to deny it. However, I am in no way desperate for attention and don't behave in a disingenuous manner to achieve it. I like getting attention for being me and I don't struggle to get it...

I'm confused...

of course...an I really like HC, but I think is more an album of its producers than a madonna album.In fact, is the first time since LAV that she sang songs on her albums without appear as a coproducer...so yes, she felt the album, but my feeling about it is the same feeling that I have with janet´´s albums.they are more the producers´´ work than the singer´´s one.And the tour was promotion, but with RAL she went to all the countries in europe, appeared on tv singing...that´´s the promotion I´´m talking about

of course...an I really like HC, but I think is more an album of its producers than a madonna album.In fact, is the first time since LAV that she sang songs on her albums without appear as a coproducer...so yes, she felt the album, but my feeling about it is the same feeling that I have with janet´´s albums.they are more the producers´´ work than the singer´´s one.And the tour was promotion, but with RAL she went to all the countries in europe, appeared on tv singing...that´´s the promotion I´´m talking about

-she didn't tour for ROL, if she didn't tour for an album she'd probably make it up with promo. personally, i'd rather a tour since she's gonna come to NY and I'm gonna go, lol. it's unrealistic to expect tours and hard promo since she has children she has to pay attention to once in a while.

In contrast with the past decade I suppose the only concern I have is if the title 'Lotsa de Casha' never gets surpassed in terms of creativity.

-she didn't tour for ROL, if she didn't tour for an album she'd probably make it up with promo. personally, i'd rather a tour since she's gonna come to NY and I'm gonna go, lol. it's unrealistic to expect tours and hard promo since she has children she has to pay attention to once in a while.

She did a promo tv tour with Confessions AND a real tour.

she didn´´t tour for ROL, but DW tour had 7 (?) songs from that album.To me DW tour is both Music´´s and ROL´´s tour.Anyway, the tours are for fans , not only for them, but mostly for fans.And the type of promo that I said brings her work to new people, and to the fans of course.And i think she can do both, interviews+sing on tv+press conferences...+concerts

the non established artists do it, so it´´s possible

I have no concerns anymore. All my worst fears came true in the 2000's and even though it was dissapointing it has actually been quite freeing as now I have no expectations and can just enjoy her when shes good and just ignore it when shes not.

Guest heathen

I just want her to embrace the fact that she is 51 years old. Just because she's getting older than most of her peers doesn't mean she has to go away. I want her to show the world that if you want to, you can be a pop star at whatever age as long as you're willing to work your ass off for it. I love Hard Candy, because I enjoy it for what it is and not what people want it to be. She is Madonna and she knows what she's doing.

I just want her to embrace the fact that she is 51 years old. Just because she's getting older than most of her peers doesn't mean she has to go away. I want her to show the world that if you want to, you can be a pop star at whatever age as long as you're willing to work your ass off for it. I love Hard Candy, because I enjoy it for what it is and not what people want it to be. She is Madonna and she knows what she's doing.

I Agree 100% :clap:

Guest bluejean

My fear is that she will take influence from Lady Gaga and dress up in stupid outfits or try and copy her musical style.

That would be hugely criticized and make her look like a follower rather than a leader. No more desperate attempts Madonna, stand on your own and be your own person. And no duets.