Is Ke$ha "The New Madonna"?

HolidayGuy

Guest HydroTrippin

Awww.

All these posts & not a single photoshopped pic of Madonna & Kabbali$ha (or whatever the fuck her name is).

Bah!

Uhhhhm got confused I mean Madonna's got new cheeks and all , So why not Lets just agree that she is the new Madonna with the cheeks, with new boyfriends ie JESUS A Rod etc, with two new black kids, new hair, new outfits, new charity etc.

With whats happening, Say every two years or less we always have a new Madonna so why should we look further for a new MADONNA when we already have her....

madonna_chains_narrowweb__300x421,0.jpg

Anybody who thinks there is or ever has been a 'New Madonna' needs to come to my surgery for a Labotomy. I would say that if anything at all, Kesha (I am now refusing to use the dollar sign) is in fact the new Mandy Moore. Or something.

Guest bluejean

I like her 1st single, its a very fun song.

But the girl doesn't even really sing. She's so trashy too, but not in a good way like Madonna was.

I really doubt that Kesha can achieve Gaga's worldwide success, but I can see her scoring hit after hit in USA during this year. I don't think, tough, that she will be in this list:

Britney Spears 1999-2002

Beyonce 2003-2006

Rihanna 2007-2008

Lady Gaga 2009-?

Ever since LAV was the huge success it was, every similar female pop-dance act has been labeled "the new Madonna."

Like said, out of any of them, Stephanie probably comes closest, combining performance art with great pop songs and a message (but even she cannot replicate what made Madonna, well, Madonna).

And, very true- in her current quest of staying youthful, Madonna may be the new Madonna.

At the sametime Gaga is unique in the sense that she is not a carbon copy and does things that Madonna never did. Not that Madonna was the first person ever to do some of the things she did. Gaga's art is very different.

At the sametime Gaga is unique in the sense that she is not a carbon copy and does things that Madonna never did. Not that Madonna was the first person ever to do some of the things she did. Gaga's art is very different.

And WHAT is gaga doing that is new/different? Please explain.

Debbie Gibson

Tiffany

Taylor Dayne

*Kylie Minogue

Paula Abdul

Courteney Love

*Gwen Stefani

*Britney Spears

*Christina Aguilera

Mandy Moore

Hilary Duff

Katy Perry

*Lady Gaga

*Ke$ha

of all the so-called "New Madonna's", only six (the ones with the *) still have any sort of career.

Katy Perry still has a career too!

I am not sure if some of them have been regarded as the new Madonna. In reality most of them are quite different to Madonna or whatever she was at the time. In fact Christina and Mandy Moore had the less gracious title of being dubbed the "new britney's". Was nt Paula considered to be the new Janet? Taylor Dayne was never labelled a Madonna wannabe was she? Debbie and Tiffany were goody 2 shoes types at the start just like Kylie but they are generally very poppy. Kylie is a big fan of Madonna but I dont think she as ever been dubbed a new M even when she started acting all sexy.

Most of the list are manufactured pop acts or wannabe rock acts in the case of Courtney and Katy Perry and Gwen. A manufactured pop act could never be the new Madonna even if they sold 5 times as much as she ever did. They will lack that rags to riches, nightclubs to huge stadiums, struggling to chart at te beginning to eventually having a massive top 10 run i major music markets internationally.

Bullshit thread. It's also in the wrong place -articles about whether an artist is 'the new Madonna' are by definition about that artist not Madonna; if the topic was 'Is Madonna the new Cher?' it would belong here. Therefore this belongs in pop princesses. Its presence here only provokes.