Sticky & Sweet DVD/CD, Blu-Ray

Guest Danny86

I went to Wal-Mart, Zellers, Target and Record Works. I was so disappointed. Naturally, though, the best came last because now I get a lovely t-shirt :)

The nearest Best Buy is 30 mins away. Don't forget I live in Canada - they exist but aren't so prevalent.

I went to Wal-Mart, Zellers, Target and Record Works. I was so disappointed. Naturally, though, the best came last because now I get a lovely t-shirt :)

The nearest Best Buy is 30 mins away. Don't forget I live in Canada - they exist but aren't so prevalent.

DUDE...i live in DT TORONTO....so i'm telling you...the DT best buy.

I went to Target just before they closed and didn't see it anywhere. I asked a clerk and he looked it up and said they sold out of it. :dramatic:

MADONNAMANIA!! lol

Barnes & Noble is right beside it so I went there and picked up a copy for way more. Would've been $14.98 at Target and it was $21.99 at B&N.

Madonna: 'Sticky & Sweet Tour'

Released on Monday, March 22 2010

By Mayer Nissim, Entertainment Reporter

Another Madonna tour, another live CD/DVD package on the shelves. Following the groove set by I'm Going To Tell You A Secret (from the American Life-pimping Re-Invention tour) and The Confessions Tour (unsurprisingly showcasing tracks from her Confessions On A Dance Floor record), it's abundantly clear that Madonna is yet again set on spotlighting the here-and-now. Well, the Argentina and two-years-ago anyway - with the setlist from these December '08 gigs naturally heavy on tracks from that year's Hard Candy LP. To be fair, the DVD offers a fair sprinkling of career-spanning delights, from the ridiculous (a Ciccone-guitar-wielding 'Borderline' and skipping rope/pole-dancing take on 'Into The Groove') to the, well, even more ridiculous (the kabuki dancing 'Rain' / 'Here Comes The Rain Again' mash-up).

Like Take That's Greatest Day disc, though, over half of the CD edit comprises songs from her then-album du jour. Still, Madonnna storms through the set with plenty of gusto, and the running order hangs together remarkably well considering it's effectively a cut-and-paste job from a much larger whole. The whole thing is a riot, with both the band and crowd nice and loud in the mix and Madonna's ad-libs raising smiles and eyebrows frequently. "F**k the rain!" she implores before a wonderfully sweary 'Human Nature'. However, she tops that with the intro to the Single White Female-powered 'She's Not Me'. "Ladies. Have you ever had a best friend that wanted to do everything you wanted to do? Including f**k your boyfriend?" Blimey!

Some of the arrangements are pretty fun, especially 'Music 2008', whose Fedde Le Grand/Indeep samples bestow the sense of modernity the original swung for and missed. Others are a bit of a mess. 'La Isla Bonita' goes for copla/pop crossover but ends up coming off too throwaway. The singing is fine all over the record - she's never been Whitney Houston, but she's in tune and always distinctive - and that's especially true on surprisingly affecting renditions of 'Devil Wouldn't Recognise You' and 'You Must Love Me'. However, all too often Madonna herself is lost in the swamp of fiddly over-arrangements, samples (of herself and others) and entirely inappropriate vocal FX. Overall, and despite its considerable enjoyment factor, it doesn't have the same exquisite loveliness of something as well-constructed as Kylie's Live In New York document from last year.

Madonna's desire to push forward and resist resting on her considerable laurels is to be applauded - there comes a time when an artist has to leave behind the fans who can't keep up. Hell, as long ago as 1992 one Mr Blue was moved to say of the superstar: "I like her early stuff. You know, 'Lucky Star', 'Borderline'... but once she got into her 'Papa Don't Preach' phase, I don't know, I tuned out." The only problem is that while they definitely have their moments, her last few outings have sent an increasing number the same way as our Reservoir Dogs gangster. Despite its absurd charm, this CD won't provoke the rediscovery of Hard Candy that it seems to nudge towards. That said, it's still an entertaining blast from start to finish. And with the DVD record of her outstandingly outlandish tour bundled in, this is definitely worth the entry price for anyone who still has even half an interest in the Queen Mum of Pop. 3/5

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a212038/madonna-sticky--sweet-tour.html

Guest MLover

I have to agree. The Blu-Ray is AWESOME! And, I'm so happy it's @ 16:9 ratio so it fills up my entire screen! (Don't like the black bars.)

I got it at Barnes and Noble and they had LOADS of them there! Granted, it was more expensive. But, I didn't mind since I did online searches for the Blu-Ray at Best But and Target and found they weren't carrying it - they only had the DVD.

I'm TOTALLY happy with it. It's AWESOME! love Love LOVE the Vogue performance!!! My fave!

As far as the audio goes, it's a LOT better than I thought it was going to be: especially considering all the complaints. Sheesh! The only blatantly bad vocal "do-over", if you will, was Borderline. Other than that, M sounded great and it all looked natural. Even my wife, who has always staunchly said M can't sing, admitted - and withOUT coersion on my part at all - that she liked the way she sounded and was singing well! Ha! Awesome!

5 out of 5 stars for me! :)

As far as the audio goes, it's a LOT better than I thought it was going to be: especially considering all the complaints. Sheesh! The only blatantly bad vocal "do-over", if you will, was Borderline. Other than that, M sounded great and it all looked natural.

I agree totally.

DUNDAS and Bay! next to the Eaton Centre....and i'm pretty sure HMV would have it too...........you can't be for real.

MADFAN.....i found it 1st store i went to...FUTURESHOP- WARDEN & ELGINTON. $ 19.99

the behind the scenes is awesome.

got this from fanzine, is it correct??

Based on first day sales:

Other debuts include Madonna’s CD/DVD of her Sticky and Sweet tour on Warner Bros., now looking at between 25-30k.

1. Justin Bieber / 100k

2. Usher

3. Slash / 50-60k

4. Madonna / 25-30k

- Hits Daily Double

Can't wait to watch it on Blu-Ray this weekend

Entertainment Weekly review

Sticky & Sweet Tour

Reviewed by Mikael Wood | Mar 31, 2010

Hard Candy was very minor Madonna, but her world tour behind it was a straight-up (disco) ball. And while this live CD-DVD can't replicate being there, Sticky & Sweet — taped in Buenos Aires in 2008 — does capture the show's rejuvenative streak, as on the electro-garage ''Hung Up.'' Props, too, for a behind-the-scenes doc that actually goes behind the scenes. Auditioning for Madge: intense!

Rating: B+

Download These:

-Like a Prayer 2008 with a pounding techno beat

-Expletive-enriched Human Nature

Guest JoshM

I'm glad to hear that the Blu-Ray is good. I went to my local record shop and they only had the DVD, so I ordered the Blu-Ray from them. Can't wait for it to get here!

Hopefully the local Target has it in stock. I will get the Match Game DVD along with something else at a later date. :)

Madge isn't projected to rank #4, but the 25K-30K projection is correct. It should rank in tne top 20 if those numbers hold. Wonder how much (if any) impact the Blu-Ray availability will have on the CD/DVD sales (even though Blu-Ray doesn't sell as much as regular DVDs, far as I know).

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/newthisweek/8248/madonna-vs-alize-the-battle-royale/

Madonna: Sticky & Sweet CD/DVD (Warner Brothers) As time goes by, it becomes easier and easier to enjoy Madonna and value her enormous contribution to popular culture! This generous set--which captures the pop goddess in live performance in Argentina before 65 billion fans and includes both a CD and DVD--gives us all a chance to step back, hear such hits as "Like A Prayer" and enjoy them all over again, and decide once and for all that for all the focus that's been placed on her celebrity, her ability to make a great pop record has been somewhat underrated! Plus, she's good looking! Almost as good looking as the lady on her album cover!

Madonna in top form on live CD/DVD

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

By Ben Kaplan, Canwest News Service

Nearly everything gathered on this scrapbook from the highest-grossing concert tour ever performed by a solo artist, is electric and winning, a rock star's return to grace. Photographed by:

Getty Images, Getty ImagesReview: Sticky & Sweet Tour

Madonna

(Warner Bros.)

Rating: Four stars out of five

Madonna doesn't speak with a British accent on her new live CD and DVD. Instead, the 52-year-old pop music icon from Michigan wields a guitar on nearly half of the 26 songs and turns tracks like "Borderline" and "Ray of Light" into songs that could've been cut by Joan Jett. The effect, like nearly everything else gathered on this scrapbook from the highest-grossing concert tour ever performed by a solo artist, is electric and winning, a rock star's return to grace. There's no Lady Gaga without Madonna and, for that matter, considering her prominence during the MTV-era, no worldwide devotion to Michael Jackson, George Michael or U2. But hitting the road in support of Hard Candy, her 11th solo album, Madonna is not resting on her laurels - she's celebrating them, and the result is a blast.

Of course, anything Madonna does is as much a visual production as an aural one, and there are as many costume changes as musicians onstage. Designers from Karl Lagerfeld to Kangol are flaunted, but the music never takes a back seat. Many songs, such as "Die Another Day," "4 Minutes" and "La Isla Bonita," are reimagined as parts of larger medleys, with Madonna giving shout-outs to techno, flamenco and old-school R&B influences. The set's highlight is "Into the Groove 2008," which features the singer playing double-dutch jump rope before a series of Keith Haring paintings and referencing classic hip-hop records like "Jam On It," "Apache" and "It's Like That" by Run DMC. The disc was recorded in December 2008 in Buenos Aires, and thus the Andrew Lloyd-Webber songs from Evita receive cutaway shots of people crying in the stands. (Madonna hadn't performed in Argentina in 13 years and, as the making-of DVD helpfully explains, people slept outside the venue to buy seats.)

Guests pop up throughout, including Kanye West, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, and one quibble with the DVD is that they only appear on the onstage video screens. Since the stars all took the stage at various points in the tour (which was seen live by more than three million people and grossed more than US $400-million in sales), why not include those live performances here? Certainly, Madonna wasn't afraid of being upstaged.

Whether she's performing the techno version of "Like a Prayer" or referencing ABBA at the show's climax in "Hung Up," the singer looks and sounds as good as she did when "Like a Virgin" first made her a star.

OK, there are some embarrassing bits. The film's overly sexual opening is a bit like watching your mom flirt on Facebook, and it's a little cringe-inducing hearing the singer drop f-bombs. But Sticky & Sweet is a document of a woman in her fifties who actually started peaking after most people thought she was through. Madonna doesn't speak with a British accent on her new record. But even if she did, it wouldn't really have mattered: Most of the stage banter is drowned out by the crowd's roar.

Guest groovyguy

Hopefully the local Target has it in stock. I will get the Match Game DVD along with something else at a later date. happy.gif

Madge isn't projected to rank #4, but the 25K-30K projection is correct. It should rank in tne top 20 if those numbers hold. Wonder how much (if any) impact the Blu-Ray availability will have on the CD/DVD sales (even though Blu-Ray doesn't sell as much as regular DVDs, far as I know).

Got mine at the local Target earlier today for $14.98. There were only 5 copies on the shelf!

Guest rocketman

got mine @ target 14.98

only 3 copies were left.

nice to finally have the concert.

now can we please have RIT and BA?????????

Got mine on Friday last week (Best Buy had the DVD/CD out early), and finally watched it tonight.

My least favorite of her last four tours (though I still have yet to see ReInvention in its entirety). Very patchy -- hate the intro, not a big fan of the second set AT ALL -- but there are a few distinguishing highlights. "She's Not Me" rocks ass. "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" is theatrical BLISS. And love love LOVE the "Give it 2 Me" performance, best energy she's had onstage in EONS!

Otherwise? 7/10 I suppose. I'll take "Confessions" anyday.