I'm Watching The Next Best Thing...

Chuck82

Guest Pud Whacker

An absolute travesty. Bitch deserved every negative thing that was said about her for this atrocity.

totally. i try to like it, i swear - ill give it all these chances and i just cant. its soooooooooo bad.

Guest Pud Whacker

I went to see it opening night with my friend Erica :lol:

yeah i saw a pre-screening at paramount and really on first viewing, i walked out thinking, that was ok. then i saw it when it was released properly and i was like, this is what you do after given a second chance with evita?

I saw this shit in the theater, and just cringed. I'll never forget the comment this older woman made at the end to her friend...."well at least she tried" :lmao:

After Evita, she had so much good will from Hollywood, and she destroyed it all with this one film....and you could tell the director hated her. She was lit terribly, and actually looks younger now. Only Guy Ritchie managed to make her look worse, in his turd Swept away.

If she has stopped acting after Evita, she could have at least went out on a high note. I'm sure somewhere in the back of her mind (despite what she says), she wants to prove herself as an actress at least one more time though.

Part of her new passion to direct probably springs from that.

best line EVER ... "Robert!! that's it!! you wanna talk about this right now??!?! HUH?? ..You've got some incredible burning need FINE!! but we are not gonna do it in front of SAM!!! *slams car trunk* :rotfl:

ugh

I thought that was good acting... sorry.

But maybe I just dont see what good acting is.. overall the movie was pretty good. I went to see it with some friends and they liked it aswell, the mirror scene is a classic, i never got why people said she can't act, tell me how she should have "acted" then! what I like about M is that she doesnt over-act, which i saw in for example Who's that girl, a movie people actually liked of her, but I hated.. i guess its just me but someone please explain me the bad acting here, cuz i dont see it.

edit: maybe a few things that in my eyes are bad acting: when she told him she was pregnant. both reactions were just so unrealistic. and at the funeral of rupert's friend. she actually smiled there. voila, thats some bad acting i caught, other than that i dont see why, for example, this movie is worse than.. lets say "who's that girl"... but again maybe its me, maybe i dont see what "good" or bad acting is, and if thats the case someone explain ;)

Dont bother.

that's what i did with SWEPT AWAY before....

but when I watched it, although the acting was always disappointing, i was still touched by the story...

If i am that kind of moviewatcher, am I missing something with TNBT?

As much as I hate saying this, Madonna is horrible in this movie. What's worse is, you feel bad for her because you can see her trying to act. I can almost visualize the director behind Madonna poking her with a stick to get her to emote something, anything.

Everyone in the film sucked....not just Madonna. Not even Meryl Streep could have made it watchable. The script was beyond horrible, and Rupert Everett deserves the blame for that, and dragging her into it. For that alone, she should never speak to him again.

The only thing i like about this project was the fact i went to the Premier in Leicester Square and saw my ICON about 2 fet away from me looking FABULOUS and GLOWING.

Doing that stupid fag movie was an all time low. Makes Shanghai Surprise look like Citizen Kane.

The fact she randomly speaks in a British accent and has a constant glow from the back with the lighting was :lmao:

You could probably play a drinking game and down a shot every time Madonna has a backlit moment in that film -you'd get trashed. It's like watching a Barbara Striesand movie.

She even attended the premieres of this god awful flick in both London and New York which would suggest she was somewhat proud of it :lmao: I would be crippled with embarrassment if I was involved in this project

which one is worse , this or swept away?

I think Swept Away is worse, because that film relies heavily on the acting performances and is very stripped down. This film there's more going on and it's less ambitious. It is bad, but there's a lot of dross in the rom com genre anyway, so it doesn't stick out as terribly.

Sorry but SWEPT AWAY is enjoyable compared 2 this trash. NBT is so pedantic towards gays..I can't even stomach it.

It's so cheap..like a random tv movie of the week. At least Swept Away has a distinctive cinematic identity..and

that's saying a lot, 4 a remake.. . NBT by comparison is just one big CLICHE. I enjoy SA like I enjoy all the

classic Madonna Movie flops. I LOVE IT. Bite me.

:fag:

She even attended the premieres of this god awful flick in both London and New York which would suggest she was somewhat proud of it :lmao: I would be crippled with embarrassment if I was involved in this project

At the time she said "I still cry every time I see it" wasn't quite sure in what way she meant :chuckle: