Top 5 Madonna moments of the decade

acko

01. Drowned World Tour hits Spain :

Media in Europe go apeshit cuz woman visits continent (as it should be :fag: ).

Madonna returns 2 the stage 4 the 1st time in 8 years.

MADONNA PROVOCA EL DELIRIO EN BARCELONA.

02. The Pink Leotard.

Madonna's pussy returns 2 the people, where it belongs.

As her labia r set free the world recognizes one of her most iconic images.

Instantly parodized & rumoured 2 b up there with VIRGIN era Madonna & the cone bra.

1236537764_madonnas-ass-1.gif

03. My Sugar Is Raw! Sticky & Sweet 2.0

Madonna gets rid of her husband, rides twenty something brazilian cock & manages 2 give one

of the greatest performances of her career in the second leg of her Sticky & Sweet tour.

See her booty get down like Uh!

PAL_6857.jpg

04. Madonna & Iggy at the R&R Hall Of Fame

Madonna gives a brilliant speech, one that makes up 4 a decade of boring interviews.

2 her bemusement Iggy covers ROL & BU. U gotta love the look on her face as the Igster takes 2 the stage.

The Stooges are looking 4 their dressing room only 2 meet Madonna in a kitchen!

It's like that legendary restaurant scene in Goodfellas, only here it's set in the world of rock 'n roll.

05. Filth & Wisdom hits The Berlinale aka the unveiling of the cheeks

During a live webcast of the press junket in Berlin hundreds of internet gays, including urs truly,

experience shock. The queen of pop re-invented as a plastic looking film-maker. She'll hit 50 this year.

this video is worth checking out inspite of the quality..

those journo's where nuts..especially during M's solo photo op :chuckle:

5) The "Kiss(es)"

082907_madonna_400x300.jpg

IT Made the VMA's Cool Again! :wow:

4) The Resurrection of Christ

jesus_luz.jpg

Madonna Meets Jesus. Then She Gets Her Groove Back. :drool:

3) The Birth of M-Dolla

madonna5.jpg

She Works With Pharrell & Timbo and Even Snags an Appearence on 106&PARK!

GET THAT HOOD CREDIBILITY, Madonna M-DOLLA!!! :clap:

2) The "Saint" Madonna

madonna.jpg.jpg

Madge Saves Lives, Educates the Kiddies, and Continues to Adopt! :horn:

1) "Pants!? No Thank You."

8wfxnn.jpgx2wkfb.jpg8wfxnn.jpg

Madonna Gets All Sticky n' Sweet, With As Little Clothing as Possible.

"S&S VOGUE" IS Best Performance EVAH!!! An Exposed Puss and Tight Body!!! :dramatic:

03. My Sugar Is Raw! Sticky & Sweet 2.0

Madonna gets rid of her husband, rides twenty something brazilian cock & manages 2 give one

of the greatest performances of her career in the second leg of her Sticky & Sweet tour.

See her booty get down like Uh!

What was so much better about Sticky & Sweet 2.0? :confused: It looked pretty similar.

1. 4 Minutes video

4minutes_video_ns3.jpg

Timberlake overshadowed her on the song, but the moment she first made her entrance with that new face pushing the car was just :dramatic: my favourite Madonna moment of the decade. It was like the old Madge was back.

2. Music

PD1100869@Madonna,-wearing-a-Ky-3836.jpg

Madonna starts the decade on a high with Rocco/Cool Britannia and a great album

3. The dancing machine in the Hung Up Video

hung-up_099.jpg

Confessions, even if overrated, was a great comeback and Hung Up was an iconic moment. As well as THAT leotard, there was the dancing machine.

4. Post divorce glam

blog211108_madonna2.jpg

Goodbye English Rose! Hi hi Miss American Pie, the old Madge is back :wow::dramatic:

5. The entrance on Confessions Tour

chicago_150606_garvin1news.jpg

Of the two tours I saw, I was extremely surprised and impressed with the vocals on Reinvention, but Confessions had more highlights. The entrance was spectacular. I'd rather have saw Sticky & Sweet mind you cause I prefer Hard Candy. Her becoming a touring force is what defined the 2000s.

Honourable mentions

For comedy reasons

Madonna_Hey_You_singlecover.jpg

madonna_kabbalah_centre_family_01_wenn5168883.jpg

madonna-versace.jpg

Guest northernlad

blog211108_madonna2.jpg

I remember someone on HuffingtonPost captured this "Dial 911! There's a cockroach in my bag of weed!" :lmao::lmao:

1. Drowned World Tour

2. Music

3. "Die Another Day" / pre-AL hype / I'd like to be French for a week

4. How fucking awful she looked for most of 2001/2002. I just loved that she didn't give a flying fuck what anyone thought.

5. "Fuck You. I'm fifty."

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Her most iconic moments culturally IMO:

*The Kiss

*Cowgirl style - From "Music" to "Don't Tell Me", from cowboy hats to rhinestones, she ignited yet more fashion trends

*The Cross

*The American Life video - Yes, I know she backed down on it, and yes, it's kind of faded away because the song itself was pretty crap, but I think the video is still very significant. She was really the first non-politically oriented celeb to speak out on the pending war and Bush via the video (it was filmed a month prior to the Dixie Chicks' uproar) at a time when saying something anti-war was cause for you to be branded a traitor; scary times.

*The leotard - Not my favorite look on her and not really a trendsetter fashion-wise, but it was symbolic of the whole Confessions era which was just wonderful.

My personal fave moments:

*Drowned World Tour geisha segment - Just wow! Seeing that live I was just blown away; the half-naked men dropped down from the ceiling, the Paradise video, the blood red sky background videos, the giant arms in Frozen, the FLYING!. I don't know if she will ever top herself with that.

*Confessions On A Dancefloor - Love this album from start to finish. Even wonky lyrics in ILNY, Kaballah craziness in Isaac, and uninspired production in Push all sound good when melded together into one non-stop dancefloor delight.

*Confessions Tour - I think I'm a bit partial to this tour having had front row seats and singing into her microphone, but it was such a fantastic show. Such great moments like the opening, the LAV saddlerobics, that iconic cross, that Bedouin chic outfit, her jamming it out on the guitar for ILNY, Saturday Night Fever disco heaven, and that Erotica remix! Just fantastic...

*Music (HQ2 Remix) - It's kind of faded for me now, but for a few years there it was my undisputed favorite remix of all time and just took that song to a whole other level. Hearing it booming through a club back when the song was released and dancing my heart out was just pure bliss.

*M moves back to New York - Finally!! Fuck you Guy Ritchie and Fuck You London! You never deserved her. She's back home where she belongs!

Guest northernlad

*Music (HQ2 Remix) - It's kind of faded for me now, but for a few years there it was my undisputed favorite remix of all time and just took that song to a whole other level. Hearing it booming through a club back when the song was released and dancing my heart out was just pure bliss.

That mix is amazing, I listened to it constantly back then. Although, being 14, instead of going crazy to it at clubs, it usually involved me listening to it while recreating the EMA/Grammy's choreo in my bathroom on a nightly basis. at night I lock the doors where no one else can see....

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Although, being 14, instead of going crazy to it at clubs,

Just make me feel even older than I already do why dontcha. :lol:

1) Seeing the Drowned World Tour, LIVE in Philadelphia, my first Madonna tour.

2) Watching the live broadcast of Madonna's induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame over the internet.

3) Watching the very awsome KoKo performance live over the internet.

4) The Sticky and Sweet tour.

5) The divorce. kinda rude, but it made M stronger, and sexier.

Here are the top moments of the decade for me (in regard to Madonna):

5. The original "American Life" video.

161332__madonna_l.jpg

Even though she pulled it (a smart move short-term, unwise though long-term), I believe this video to be her last great work of art for the MTV format. Socio-political, biting commentary on war and fashion, and humorous in a dark way. Probably one of her greatest moments of true courage in the face of an American mob mentality.

4. The Drowned World Tour

madonna_l.jpg

First tour I saw live. I still love it. The space-punk opening, the wire-fu geisha with wingspan sleeves, and the sexy montage ending.

3. "Future Lovers" on the Confessions Tour

madonna_future_nbc.jpg

Probably her greatest entrance ever. I might also add that the dark, yet brilliant opening sequence (inspired by her horse-back riding fetish) coupled with the dancers' very equine dance moves was nothing short of genius. Such a fantastic live performance.

2. "Like A Prayer" on the Sticky & Sweet Tour

0.jpg

The only incarnation (IMO) to match the iconic Blond Ambition performance. I love the mix with the old Felix track.

1. CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR

Madonna%5B1%5D.jpg

In my book, her best album of the decade and her most pure POP album since the 80's. I love every track on it and still listen to it front to back. And while I appreciate her other offerings this decade, this one retains a special magic for me. Her pop hook genius was never more evident in the 00's. Not to mention it spawned a killer tour, an excellent promo campaign during the album's launch, and multiple hit singles that actually had 4 videos (albeit of varying quality).

Guest Not4Pussies

entertainment weekly completeley snubbed her in their best of the decade special issue

not even "the kiss" made the cut

all your mentions should have made their special issue

Guest dicktracy

These are the things that most people will remember when it comes to Madonna this past decade:

1. The Kiss(es)

2. The Pink Leotard

3. The Adoption(s)

4. Jesus

5. The VMA Michael Jackson Speech

In my opinion it would be:

1. The Kiss

2. LAP performed in S&S (or the whole tour for that matter)

3. American Life video

4. The Pink Leotard

5. The Cheeks

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

1. The Britney Kiss MTV.

2. The Leotard.

3. The Divorce.

4. American life video + banning.

5. Music, the song + video.

5) BOOMBOX HUMPING

That moment is just pure sex to me. I love it everytime I see it. The climactic crescendo. Then the fucking of the music maker. Yumtastica. It's so aesthetically interesting and yet so cheesey and deliciously pop fodder at once. M forever!!!

theforum_210506_william_boombox_news.jpg

Madonna_Confessions_Tour_Boombox.jpg

4) BECOMING DIRECTORIAL - MADONNA ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CAMERA. In control!! Gonna be good for the future.

madonna_directing_filth_wisdom_3.jpg

3) LIVE TOURING - 3 massive tours and also not forgetting promo tours and Coachella etc etc

421117703_6ebb8d5180.jpg?v=0

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Best live act in the world!!! EVER! x

Oh and part b)

The sorry remix video...I love the music and her legs look fucking amazing/super long in that interlude.

sorry_hq.jpg

2) THE VMA KISS AND CONTROVERSY

2003_madonna_britney_kiss_0.jpg

The whole performance just says - 'Madonna rules the world and you bitches can only dream!'

erotica4.jpg

1) MUSIC MAKES THE PEOPLE, COME TOGETHER, *YEAH*!

The wonderful music she has made in the last ten years. So cool, fresh, exciting, sexy, brilliant, listenable, danceable, singable, fuckable, emotional and just generally amazing. The music is definitely the number one most important part of M. The last ten years there has been some brilliant moments musically. I listen to her every single day of my life. She's still vital. Her music is alive. We've had some good leaks of unheard demos and bits and pieces in the last ten years. It's good to see that she is still living through music. I just wish more of her fans would remember all this and be grateful.

l_ca4027be8f0a4ce2aefcf2f3ca3e1be9.png

1-The divorce

2-The tours

3-Confessions on a dance floor album. :wow:

4-Music Album (Impressive instant,Dont tell me,paradise is not for me)

5-American Life era (the dark hair I hope she get it back)

So many cool moments.....

The VMA Kiss

The adoptions of David and Mercy

The political statement with the Get Stupid Video --it brought the house down at each concert

The Live 8 performances

VMA Michael Jackson speech

So many moments. The amount of creative output she has had this decade has been staggering. I could do a list just based on the 4 amazing world tours...a list based solely on one-time shows/live performances.

Then there's watercooler moments like the cross and the kiss. I remember when Music and DTM came out, people were apeshit over her.

One of my favorite personal Madonna moments this decade and ever actually was UP FOR GRABS. I was there in the front row for the first 2 shows...it was hilarious and she did a great job. I DON'T THINK SHE HAS EVER LOOKED MORE BEAUTIFUL. She was stunning beyond belief...especially if you were close. Oh how I wish there was a full recording of this somewhere.