UK Press Release for Revolver

thebigham

I didn't like it at first but now I think it's a great pop song.

As for it ruining Madonna's chart record, Miles Away did that last year. However, I think this is much stronger song for the current climate. Just listening to Radio 1, the songs are just electro pop, auto-tuned stuff. It fits right in!

It will be interesting to see how it fairs without a video or physical release though. At least if it were released on CD people could buy it as a gift. Can you buy songs for other people on iTunes?

Guest bluejean

i thought the fans were all over this song like flies on shyt?

Some fans like anything with hit potential. Until it becomes apparent its not going to take off and then they start trashing it.

"This should have been released instead of Celebration"

Rather short notice, no?

This will make "Miles Away" seem like an uber-SMASH by comparison. Not that it matters- it's all about Live Nation next, and whether or not M can create something both artistically intriguing and have some commercial appeal (as much as a 50+ female can)- whether she can get back to doing what she does better than most (merging art and commerce), we'll just have to see.

Given it's download only and the files have been on the internet for a few weeks, I think it could be another Miles Away unless Radio 1 picks up on it when it could do ok in the UK. It's very now and like 4M will appeal to the youngsters singing mindless lyrics about gun crime and beaches etc.

You still can't pre-order the CD single anywhere and if it's out on the 14th, HMV etc. would be sending them out from next Wednesday onwards.

Maybe the press release was written before they decided not to bother with a physical release and someone forgot to remove the line about the CD.

:(

Given it's download only and the files have been on the internet for a few weeks, I think it could be another Miles Away unless Radio 1 picks up on it when it could do ok in the UK. It's very now and like 4M will appeal to the youngsters singing mindless lyrics about gun crime and beaches etc.

The lyircs might appeal to kids and they will probably use them as MSN sign-ins but I dont see them rushing out to buy a song by a white gay disco granny suddenly gone gangsta!

As for Radio 1 - I can only see Chris Moyles ridiculing it.

Guest patrickovy

It think it'll be surprise if Revolver chart in Top20 in UK.

IMO it's too late to release it as a single. It won't help album return to top positions. Celebration is over.

Some fans like anything with hit potential. Until it becomes apparent its not going to take off and then they start trashing it.

"This should have been released instead of Celebration"

that´s true, it happened with Hollywood, with Give it 2 me...

The lyircs might appeal to kids and they will probably use them as MSN sign-ins but I dont see them rushing out to buy a song by a white gay disco granny suddenly gone gangsta!

ehhh...suddenly gone gangsta?...what's that suppoosed to mean?...a clever,sarcastic and idiotic appreciation?...as far as i know she ain't no granny...some morons do really lack any style when bitching about her...she deserves high bitching!, not this low third class gaga-esque shit! :thumbsdown:

Edited by charles

Guest guiltybyassociation

Did Madonna really contribute anything to the writing of "Revolver"? I remember the RaVaughn demo that leaked a while back and they're identical!

The iTunes release doesn't include the writers in the tag. Does anyone know who wrote it?

The X Factor forum on Digital Spy is reporting a rumour that Madonna will perform this on the final next Sunday, with Beyonce and Leona performing their new singles also. This is separate from the duets on Saturday, which are rumoured to be Paul McCartney, George Michael and either Coldplay or Robbie.

We shall see. I did always think that the fact it’s released the day after the X Factor final meant there was a glimmer of hope that she’d be there.

Madonna: 'Revolver'

Released on Monday, December 14 2009

By Mayer Nissim, Entertainment Reporter

With 1990's The Immaculate Collection and 2001's GHV2 still readily available, some pop fans questioned the need for Madonna's current Best Of. However, when it comes down to it, the compilation offers a near-perfect two-disc encapsulation of everything that's great about the Queen Of Pop. Despite some inevitable quibbles about what has and hasn't make the tracklisting, the bulk of Celebration underlines just how good Madonna has been for so very long. But of course, no hits collection is complete without a couple of fan-baiting newbies.

Sadly, while 'Celebration' itself is a triumph, boasting a sprinkling of Oakenfold ravedust while still sounding unmistakeably Madonna, the same can't be said for the Lil Wayne-assisted 'Revolver'. It may be catchy, but this throwaway track sounds so much like an offcut from Britney's Blackout LP that you really have to question why it wasn't offered to her in the first place. Lyrics like "I'm a sex pistol / My love should be illegal" sound pretty saucy on the RaVaughn demo version doing the rounds, but their rather cold robopop delivery here only confirms that Madonna would be better off going her own way instead of chasing the pack.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/singlesreviews/a189600/madonna-revolver.html

There are a couple of differences between the demo and Madge's version, no? In particular, "the mirror mirror" part, I think.

If there's no physical single, "Revolver" could miss the top 75. Only so far a track already available for download from an album- and with no airplay- can go without a physical single. The couple thousand in physical sales got "Miles Away" to #39.

The X Factor forum on Digital Spy is reporting a rumour that Madonna will perform this on the final next Sunday, with Beyonce and Leona performing their new singles also. This is separate from the duets on Saturday, which are rumoured to be Paul McCartney, George Michael and either Coldplay or Robbie.

We shall see. I did always think that the fact it’s released the day after the X Factor final meant there was a glimmer of hope that she’d be there.

Hoping, and praying, for M to go on X Factor.

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5070

Warner Music NL announced the details for the digital and physical release of Madonna's new single Revolver.

The song will first be added to the iTunes music store at the end of the month, and will be followed by a Maxi CD in January and a double vinyl in February.

Remixers for the new single - as MadonnaTribe readers already know - include Tracy Young, Paul Van Dyk and David Guetta, the latter also providing his own treatment to the new "Celebration" version featuring Akon.

The Felguk Love Remix of "Celebration", previously available as a digital download only, completes the promising set.

Digital Single

Release Date: December 29, 2009, exclusive to iTunes

01 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) 03:10

02 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) (Feat. Lil Wayne) 03:25

03 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Club Remix) 05:23

04 Revolver (Paul van Dyk Remix) 08:36

05 Revolver (Paul van Dyk Dub) 08:36

06 Revolver (Tracy Young's Shoot To Kill Remix) 09:30

07 Celebration (Featuring Akon) 03:54

08 Celebration (Felguk Love Remix) 06:38

CD Maxi

Release Date: January 22, 2010

01 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix (Feat. Lil Wayne) 03:25

02 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) 03:10

03 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Club Remix) 05:23

04 Revolver (Paul van Dyk Remix) 08:36

05 Revolver (Paul van Dyk Dub) 08:36

06 Revolver (Tracy Young's Shoot To Kill Remix) 09:30

07 Celebration (Feat. Akon) 03:54

08 Celebration (Felguk Love Remix) 06:38

12" Vinyl Single

Release Date: February 5, 2010

A1 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Club Remix) 05:23

A2 Revolver (Paul van Dyk Remix) 08:36

B1 Revolver (Tracy Young's Shoot To Kill Remix) 09:30

C1 Revolver (Paul van Dyk Dub) 08:36

C2 Revolver (Madonna vs. David Guetta One Love Remix) (Feat. Lil Wayne) 03:25

D1 Celebration (Feat. Akon) 03:54

D2 Celebration (Felguk Love Remix) 06:38

Excellent there is going to be a physical release afterall but I hope the Tracy Young mix is good as the Van Dyk one isn't that great. But overall, hooray for another release. I like this song.