Madonna is in Brazil this week

Bitch

Behold. Madonna Is On The Way

06 Nov 2009, 10:11AM

6a00d8341c4f4c53ef0120a6b15aa6970c-800wi

No, Madonna is not landing in Rio next week in search of a new Brazilian boyfriend, or even to meet the family of her current one. According to newspaper O Dia, Madonna will land in Rio on Monday with Jesus Luz and Rabbi Michael Berg on a mission to raise funds for her Raising Malawi project, and to possibly get involved in other projects related to underprivileged Brazilian children. Her entourage is supposed to occupy an entire floor at the Fasano in Ipanema, even though the hotel denies the rumors. On her Brazilian agenda, no photo shoots with hot Brazilian models this time around. She will meet with Rio's governor Sergio Cabral and with a singer from AfroReggae featured in the movie Favela Rising. She also plans on meeting with billionaire entrepreneur Eike Batista, and with the first lady Marisa Letícia in São Paulo next Thursday.

Be ready for another Madonna marathon here starting on Monday.

I read that earlier today, I hope it's true. :thumbsup:

Looks like it is indeed true. From Lighthouse Mike @ MTRIBE:

Just got back from Madonna's Apt Building.

For the past three hours her crew loaded two SUVs with Luggage marked with the "Hard Candy" logo. Her driver confirmed to me she is headed to Brazil and set to spend about a week there.

At about 8:15pm Madonna was driven out of her NYC building with her award winner manager (lol) Guy Oseary, her Israeli security guy and her (nameless - lol) Personal Asistent headed to JFK Airport.

Guy was actually nice this evening and said hello after i took his photo, Madonna on the other heand was ducking the camera.

http://madonnadownload.com/110809.html

Looks like it is indeed true. From Lighthouse Mike @ MTRIBE:

Just got back from Madonna's Apt Building.

For the past three hours her crew loaded two SUVs with Luggage marked with the "Hard Candy" logo. Her driver confirmed to me she is headed to Brazil and set to spend about a week there.

At about 8:15pm Madonna was driven out of her NYC building with her award winner manager (lol) Guy Oseary, her Israeli security guy and her (nameless - lol) Personal Asistent headed to JFK Airport.

Guy was actually nice this evening and said hello after i took his photo, Madonna on the other heand was ducking the camera.

http://madonnadownload.com/110809.html

And people say she doesn't promote. :chuckle:

Her driver should be fired for giving out her travel plans to a stranger. What if Lighthouse Mike was a deranged stalker?

Her driver should be fired for giving out her travel plans to a stranger. What if Lighthouse Mike was a deranged stalker?

I agree. I mean, I love getting info but if I was a star and knew my driver was doing that - I'd can their ass. Maybe since Brazilian newspapers were reporting it last week she didn't consider it a big secret? I dunno. Still seems shady.

http://www.24horasnews.com.br/index.php?mat=310776

Madonna landed in São Paulo this morning at 9:00am (local time) via Guarulhos International Airport. She is expected to continue on to Rio de Janeiro where she has appointments to meet various business entrepreneurs and artistic personalities.

EDIT:

According to one Brazilian news site, she is scheduled to have dinner with Brazil's richest man - billionaire Eike Batista - on Thursday (I think) at his home in Rio. She plans to discuss with him a partnership to develop a social project in Rio's Carioca slum quarter. They mentioned that Jesus Luz is not scheduled to join her for the dinner.

She also has plans to meet with AfroReggae vocalist Anderson Sá, who was featured in the 2005 documentary Favela Rising, sometime after 4:30PM today. However, the location of that meeting is not yet known.

Madonna is also reportedly going to tour the slums of Rio with a crew from UK's Channel 4 to make a documentary on the situation there.

Any pics?

Lotsa.

And Madonna's drivers (the one in NY and - when she lived there - the one in London) do not mind talking to people who they recognize as non dangerous fans and somehow trust. You'd be surprised at how many people they actually talk to, and I think it works because knowing your enemy is always right

Any pics?

Here is one of her arriving in Rio. Apparently her plane stopped in Sao Paulo briefly before continuing on to Rio de Janeiro where Jesus Luz is waiting for her...

0,,32911357-EX,00.jpg

There is a TV news report video (and full text story) in Portugese here:

http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Musica/0,,MUL1371837-7085,00-CANCELADO+ENCONTRO+DE+MADONNA+COM+AFROREGGAE+DIZ+ONG.html

yep!

here are the pictures of her arriving in Rio earlier today.

0,,32911090,00.jpg

0,,32911144,00.jpg

0,,32911098,00.jpg

0,,32911107,00.jpg

0,,32911137,00.jpg

she'll stay here for the whole week and will probably visit Sao Paulo in one of this weeks's afternoons.

Guest Pud Whacker

Is that Steven Klein behind her?

Why is he always with her?

the same reason herb was constantly with her. chronicling the life of THE GREATEST STAR THAT HAS EVER LIVED.

cheers.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SYGYFpBks&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SYGYFpBks&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1SYGYFpBks&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Madonna went to Restaurant Sushi Leblon tonight. The restaurant kept being open and it's fun to see the faces of the people eating beside her.

0,,32916100-FMM,00.jpg

0,,32916138-EXH,00.jpg

0,,32916216-EXH,00.jpg

0,,32916139,00.jpg

0,,32916149,00.jpg

more news soon.

Edited by hungup

What happened to Madge not wanting to be photographed wearing the same attire,,she wore this similar get up in SPAIN while on S&S tour..actually she has been photographed many times over now repeating the same dress...I just remember before when she thought that it's pathetic to be photographed wearing the same thing over again...so I'm just curious.

Madonna wants to help Rio slums, says governor

RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Madonna, who has promoted school building in the African country Malawi, is now turning her star power onto projects to improve the notorious slums of Rio de Janeiro.

The 51-year-old star is in Rio to visit some of the Brazilian city's slums, or "favelas", and meet with one of the country's richest businessmen to discuss setting up social projects, said state Governor Sergio Cabral.

"She will get to know some social projects; she is enchanted with Rio and wants to help," Cabral said. The beachside city has about 1,000 slums, many of them controlled by violent drug gangs or other armed groups.

A major outbreak of violence last month, which followed Rio's selection to host the 2016 Olympics, underlined its stubborn security and poverty problems.

Madonna last month launched the construction of a multimillion dollar girls' school she is funding in Malawi, from where she has adopted two children.

The divorced singer has been linked romantically in media reports to a 23-year-old Brazilian model Jesus Luz.