Many insiders say Gaga's VMA performance tops Madonna

Guest dicktracy

Oh it was a post on Examiner. I guess ihateoreilly was feeling bored again.

There really is no point in comparing these two performances. Or these 2 women for that matter. All I will say is that performance of Paparazzi was one of the most unsexy things I've seen in VMA history :lol: right up there with Britney's bloated vicoden performance in '07 and Paula Abdul's Vibeology in' '91.

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh it was a post on Examiner. I guess ihateoreilly was feeling bored again.

There really is no point in comparing these two performances. Or these 2 women for that matter. All I will say is that performance of Paparazzi was one of the most unsexy things I've seen in VMA history :lol: right up there with Britney's bloated vicoden performance in '07 and Paula Abdul's Vibeology in' '91.

ever. :rotfl:

Oh please. The Madonna performance is all what people remember from that year and they've never forgotten. This year had so many things going on, Kanye/Taylor thing, other performances that were better than Gaga's, Beyonce's performance was much better. Madonna's speech, Janet's performance...etc

I doubt years from now the Gaga performance would be the only thing they could remember.

it wasn't that great as it's the first I've heard of it. There's been no mention in anything I've read. Kanye West stole the show with his tirade.

GaGa just doesn't have a personality. She's as bland as Aguilera and has to constantly dress up to provoke. If you see early interviews of Madonna, she had a striking look but her personality was equally strong when interviewed. GaGa is just so dull it's like listening to Paris Hilton's mad sister.

Yeah, Liz Rosenberg's boyfriend at the time turned to her and said "Her career is over before it even started". And when M got backstage, her manager went off on her and I think said that her career was over, also. I can't remember exactly what the manager said. I know she mentioned it in the Hall of Fame speech.

I have to rewatch that speech. I cant stand to look at how awful Madonna looked during it so I never revisit it. :lol:

And PUD I am loving your comparison pics between Gaga and Madonna's first VMA performances. :lmao:

Okay so I also have to say something else if we are going to talk about amazing/iconic VMA performances by female artists that take them to another level. 95% of the time I have no use for this chick, (In the words of that Vanity Bonet knock off from another thread, she doesnt give me what I need.) but I am willing to give credit where I think credit is do, and Britney killed it during this VMA performance. When it comes to female performances at the VMA's its one of the first ones that comes to mind right up there with LAV and Vogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUIg7lqQ1Q

Top or not, this performance will be remembered, just like Madonna with LAV, and Britney with Slave 4 U.

I thought that too when I was watching it, simply because it was such a LOOK AT ME moment, but we're coming up on a week later and no one's really talking about it. Kanye and Taylor pretty much killed her chances.

Top or not, this performance will be remembered, just like Madonna with LAV, and Britney with Slave 4 U.

I don't think so.

In my opinion VMA's 09 will be most remembered for Kanye West's outburst.

But let's wait and see.

Guest Pud Whacker

does it relly matter if it tops M's performance? even if it doesor some think it did - why are some people so offended?

i dont think anyones 'offended', at all. its someones post on a website, like here and were all just laughing at the absurdity of the statement.

Guest Pud Whacker

VANITY had theories about her red eyes that night :rotfl:

mtv7.jpg

:inlove:

everyone was saying she was high/drunk that night, the day after. no way.

my theory was always she was shitting bricks the night before and didnt sleep a wink. her first national live performance.

and really, i cant even think of what joannes costume was. again, this outfit alone just shyts on joannes face.

Something that Perez Hilton had spilt the contents of his jam donut down the front of when he was wanking himself off in front of her...? :dramatic: ARTISTIC!

Guest Pud Whacker

Something that Perez Hilton had spilt the contents of his jam donut down the front of when he was wanking himself off in front of her...? :dramatic: ARTISTIC!

oh, lets not even get started with that one. two of the most unattractive style-less celebrities ever.

i guess time will only tell if they speak of a woman named Madonna, who slithered off a cake in a sleazy wedding dress singing about being Like a Virgin while wiping her cunt on the floor or a woman named Joanne who had solid gold dancers behind her while she flew in the air with blood on her ugly face. i already know the answer.

man have you got the time to make this cosmic climb?

:lmao::lmao::thumbsup:

sorry, but Gaga is reeeally starting to get way too contrived w/ her wannabe "witty/ innovative" shock the hell out of you etc etc..shtick. Its just all so transparent. Everything M did was ALL out of left field, provocative, groundbreaking/ stuff NO one ever did or expected (which is why all the mini mes/Ms lol, try to duplicate the shock value - but FAIL lol. Gagas two 1st hits were cool, but now shes smply getting grating over time- as the new songs start to suck more and more lol. I'm rapidly thinking ...NEXT M wannabe please stand up!

Regardless of whether it TRULY will be more memorable in the future or not, I think less than 7 days after Gaga's performance is too soon to determine that.

With that said though, with M's performance of LAV she kind of set the protocol for the tradition of zany/unpredictable VMA moments which is what made it so memorable. Nobody had ever really seen anything quite like that before. I mean, take a look at the faces of the audience members when M is writhing on the floor at the end of her performance in the pics earlier in the thread. Better yet, watching the clip is even better because you can almost hear the "shock" of the crowd at the end of the performance due to the delayed reaction. The applause was slow at first then built up...lol.

Sorry to burst anyone's little Gagalicious bubble but I think even Britney's performances have this one beat for "most memorable" performances at the VMA's.

GaGa's was ridiculous. It was too contrived and too attention-seeking. Though I like GaGa, she's really OA lately. I miss the GaGa during the Just Dance & early Poker Face days. She was hot then and really had it going. Yes, I do agree Kanye & Taylor's event is the highlight of this year's VMA.

Perhaps, if it was real blood and Joanne indeed die on the stage, then that would top M's. :lmao: