CELEBRATION: A RETARDATION.

Mattress

Guest bluejean

Are you referring to "Like A Prayer" on the Warner Bros. 50th Anniversary box set? Where is it listed as the 7" Version? I've had my eye on this box since it was released (and not just for "Like A Prayer" either), so I'd be curious to know.

I'm referring to the mp3 someone posted a year or two ago on this forum. It was stated to be a remaster from a Warner compilation. So I assume it is the one you are talking about.

There was also a remaster of Who's That Girl posted and one other song although I can't remember what it was and I did not download it. Hope that helps.

Guest bluejean

he's obviously lying and not accepting the facts.

Exactly.

I mean it is so bloody obvious even to a casual listener. 'Music' is filled to the brim with glitches. I will be deleting this off my harddrive and replacing it on Celebration with the album version. Yuck.

The pops and crackles are on the 1CD version of "Music", too :( I've just realised that the noise/crackling I heard/hear in "Hung Up" is actually in the original version, too, so that's not a new issue. Sorry for creating a panic!! The "Music" issue is definitely a major one and it's obviously present in the master or at least in certain copies of it for certain regions. If it's not, the iTunes version should be snap, crackle and pop free!

If people are going to contact Guy about the issues, it needs to be done respectfully, or he'll just write it off as typical whinging by ungrateful fans. I think the major issue that he needs to be aware of is the audio faults in Music and, after that, the glitch in Erotica (even though most people probably wouldn't even notice that glitch). The glitch in Cherish wouldn't be picked up by anyone other than a big fan and although the version is different to the original, it's still a faithful edit of it (even though lots of people could have done a better job). We can argue about edits/versions etc., but audio glitches affect everyone regardless of what they think of the song itself.

But neutrocks has a tendency to stand in judgement over those he feels are too negative.

hmmmmm.....sounds like the many who have a tendency to stand in judgement over those they feel are too positive.

I just downloaded a leaked version of the album. Here are some of the pops in "Music" that I notice -- :08, :22, :29, :34, 1:16, 1:24, 2:16, 2:25 (bad), 2:28 (bad), 2:42, 2:49, 3:08, 3:34. There are others, but those are just some.

oh wow, it is indeed there... has it been verified to be there as well with the iTunes versions?

Looks like MadonnaTribe really were right there. :lmao: It IS an "album edit" of sorts. They were right about Lucky Star and Cherish as well.

EY as well, it is a "video remix edit" after all. The only thing they were wrong about was ROL album version.

Oh my God the pops and clicks in "Music" are hilarious! :rotfl:

And of course neutrocks is going to deny it because that's just what he does.

And you are rude!! Of course, that's just what Suedhead does. :| If I was Administration, I'd can a moderator like you in a heartbeat for being so rude to his members. :thumbsdown: Atleast Holiday Guy always acts like an adult with some class and fairness. You could take a tip or two from him.

And have you thought too that maybe you got a bad or different download versus what Neutrocks has for the CDS??

Hmmm....Vogue definitely has some extra "crunching" sounds leading up to where the first verse comes in. I've compared it to the TIC version and they definitely aren't in that (the original version of this mix). It's a real shame, because other than the crunching (obvious around 1m23s also during the rap, although not as much), it's an excellent remaster.

So, "Music" has some really bad pops/crackles and "Vogue" has crunch....sounds like a breakfast cereal, doesn't it?! :confused: The problems with "Vogue" aren't anywhere near as bad as the ones in "Music", though.

And have you thought too that maybe you got a bad or different download versus what Neutrocks has for the CDS??

It's on the 2CD and the 1CD released in Australia (I've got two copies of the 2CD, bought from different stores, and both have it) and people in Europe and the UK have reported the same cracks/pops on "Music" (at exactly the same time), so it's looking pretty definite that the fault appears on every version of the physical CD released so far. Neutrorocks might have gotten hold of a cleaned up version (but not realised it)?

And you are rude!! Of course, that's just what Suedhead does. :| If I was Administration, I'd can a moderator like you in a heartbeat for being so rude to his members. :thumbsdown: Atleast Holiday Guy always acts like an adult with some class and fairness. You could take a tip or two from him.

You must be obsessed with me or something, because I swear I must have seen you make that reply to me at least 5 previous times.

Oh and yes, of course, it's far more likely that so many of us here all had defective copies of the CD while neutrocks had an OK one. :lmao:

As Rebecca Carlson once wisely said, I've forgotten you already.

Bye!

Or maybe neutrocks got the only clean copy on Earth as karmic reward for being such a nice fan.

Can't people just give him the benefit of the doubt? For whatever reason, it seems that the version of Music that he has doesn't have the audio faults that the leaked mp3s and the physical CDs have. He doesn't have a physical CD (he's in the US), so as I said, there's a chance that the mp3 he has actually *is* faultless.

I wish someone from a country where it's been released to iTunes already would report back on the quality of the official mp3s....!!!!

Can't people just give him the benefit of the doubt? For whatever reason, it seems that the version of Music that he has doesn't have the audio faults that the leaked mp3s and the physical CDs have. He doesn't have a physical CD (he's in the US), so as I said, there's a chance that the mp3 he has actually *is* faultless.

I wish someone from a country where it's been released to iTunes already would report back on the quality of the official mp3s....!!!!

Exactly!!! I guess that's a hard one for some to work out.

I'm referring to the mp3 someone posted a year or two ago on this forum. It was stated to be a remaster from a Warner compilation. So I assume it is the one you are talking about.

There was also a remaster of Who's That Girl posted and one other song although I can't remember what it was and I did not download it. Hope that helps.

Okay, yeah, I know which MP3 you are referring to. That version, from what I remember, is the 7" Version w/o Fade pulled from a rare 1998 Warner promo compilation.

This Warner Bros. 50th Anniversary box set is from December 2008. Since I cannot find any track times for it or audio samples for the tracks I'm wondering exactly which version of "Like A Prayer" is used. LOL. It's probably the 'Immaculate Collection' version. ;) And that "Who's That Girl" remaster was from 1998, too, right? There was also the "True Blue [Remix Edit]" 1998 remaster as well from a Warner promo compilation. "La Isla Bonita [7" Remix]" was taken from some 1987 Warner promo, too, I believe, and suffered from the late '80s mastering quality.

Some kind person posted the 7" Remix of "La Isla Bonita" in the Multimedia Forum a while back in 192 kbps MP3 bitrate. It was a CD rip from some rare '80s Warner promo I believe, so the audio quality wasn't up to today's standards. The only problem with the 7" Remix of "La Isla Bonita" is the earlier fade than the "LP Version", fading out some of her vocals at the end that can be heard clearly in the "LP Version". I never liked that. However, as a whole, I think that the mix is better (since it's essentially based on the "Extended Remix") than the "LP Version".

As for "Express Yourself", I'm referring to the radio remix, the version that's more or less a spiced up version of the original 'Like A Prayer' "LP Version". I consider this to be the definitive version of the song. In fact, I heard it on the radio the other week. Honestly, I've never really been fond of Shep's remix version (as used in the video). And honestly, I think that the "Video Version" is awful. Why cut the "Local Mix" intro into the Shep remix? It just does not flow together. An edit of the "Local Mix" should have been used instead. The "Local Mix" is, of course, essentially the same mix as the radio remix version.

I think that's the best version too. I like the funkier edge to the song rather than the disco feel the Shep remix offers. I also think that when they used the 7" for the video, the little percussive intro didn't flow well into the song either, though it worked better than it did for the Shep mix. I do believe the Shep mix works better for the video however. Sometimes I wish there were another video that fits the 7" version better.

Do you have the 7" of La Isla?

Yes the noises during Music are very good to hear, you can even hear at least one of them in the 30 seconds preview on I-Tunes Germany and Ireland. How anyone can not be bothered by these noises is beyond me.

Got my CDs today and the initial excitement soon wore off when I heard what a total mess they have made. Not to mention the piss-poor spelling mistakes and missing/incorrect credits in the booklet.

Erotica and Music have just left me speechless, how in the hell did they get through the quality control checks (assuming they have them)? I just checked out Cherish too, ugh, it's not that obvious on first listen but still, it's shameful that it got through like that. The intro to Dress You Up is almost forgivable, but the other mistakes are just pathetic. :rant: