Has To Be

Chuck82

Probably one of her most gorgeous,lush,haunting,orgasmic ballads EVER. I truly love this song sooo much! it really is a hidden gem in her catalog. Every now and then I get in a ROL mood and this is the first song I always go to from that era.

And if you smoke some herb while listening to it you will be sent to another place trust me. Hehe

Magical in every sense of the word ugh.

My friends and I used to shoot our own horror movies as kids and for whatever reason I used this song during the opening credits for one of our movies. :lol: Great song though.

Guest SuperBriGuy

Aww, one of my pick-me-up songs when I get down about being single. Lol. I relate to this song; then again, who can't at some point? It's one of my favorites, too.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I've never heard this, her b sides are pretty shit a lot of the time so i don't bother with them. I like this though, should have replaced Mer Girl. Someone send me this ish! please-uh!

Guest ursaminorjim

I adore "Mer girl," and that's the perfect closing track. I think if "Has to be" were included on the album as a replacement track, it should've knocked out "To have and not to hold." But then that would make for a very drowsy side two, so...

Best to keep it as her best b-side, methinks.

americanlife.gif

I adore "Mer girl," and that's the perfect closing track. I think if "Has to be" were included on the album as a replacement track, it should've knocked out "To have and not to hold." But then that would make for a very drowsy side two, so...

Best to keep it as her best b-side, methinks.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? i love to have and not to hold. americanlife.gif

Guest ursaminorjim

The only song it really sounds like (to me) is Fila Brazillia's "A zed and two l's." There's nothing on Ray of Light that sounds like it at all.

And "To have and not to hold" is pretty, but disposeable, especially in comparison to "Has to be."

Surely Shanti Ashtangi would be the first for the chop?!

Has To Be reminded me a bit of POG (which is already like Frozen).. not a clone or anything, just the sort of downbeat minor chord feel.

I remember a comparison to Fila Brazillia.

On a sidenote there was someone out there for Madonna waiting for her when she was recording this song at 40. And at the time he was 11/12 years old. :wacko:

yeah, it's kinda freaky if you put it that way (I actually always think of this like that :sneaky: )

Back to the topic:

HTB is fucking awesome but it couldn't replace any other song on the album; it could've been a hidden track :dramatic:

Guest SuperBriGuy

yeah, it's kinda freaky if you put it that way (I actually always think of this like that :sneaky: )

Back to the topic:

HTB is fucking awesome but it couldn't replace any other song on the album; it could've been a hidden track :dramatic:

Agreed...because "Mer Girl" was a great way to end the album, but I would've loved for this song to be included on a Special Edition version of the album.

I agree 100%...."Little Star" and "Mer Girl" are the only sore spots on an otherwise brilliant piece of work.

Again, I expect better of you.

Little Star is gorgeous :inlove:

The SORE POINT is Shanti bloody Ashtangi. I'm convinced that stopped the album from getting 5 star reviews.

On a sidenote there was someone out there for Madonna waiting for her when she was recording this song at 40. And at the time he was 11/12 years old. :wacko:

Would you perhaps consider changing your signature and avator soon? I know it's funny -they're ugly and retarded 'ha ha', but after you've seen it a few times it just looks a bit sad and exploitative.