Does "Celebration" fit in your Top 10 or 20 Madonna Songs?

Voguerista

too soon to tell. I like it so far - but theres still the new factor. Overall, I could EASILY name at least 10 other M songs that I like more. Thing with Celebration is I like the 1st minute or 2 then it starts to fizzle; though, I think its more than an effective pop/ dance song, but the bridge/chorus is a little too throwaway and flat (the "its a celebration" part, just seems like it should of been more impactful and harder. It may end up being wedged somewhere in the middle out of all of my favorite M songs.

it's not in your TOP 20 and yet you said it is this decade's Like A Prayer? uhm, is Like A Prayer in your Top 20?

I believe Muse meant that Hard Candy was this decade's LAP (divorce album) not that Celebration was this decade's LAP!

That's where I got it! If you look the prior two people's posts in the thread were about how much they enjoyed HC. Obviously muse was responding to them rather than the general subject of the thread, even though muse didn't directly quote them. It's the only thing that makes sense. Context, honey!

Guest Johnkm

Its a little hasty for me to be to rate it, I usually wait about 6 months, so as not to get caught up in the inital hype of it. Its my 10th most listened too Madonna song (of the last 14 months) already though. So I imagine it could well feature in my top 20 come the end of the year.

I would have to put in my bottom 20 songs! It's not in the bottom 10 though. It's not horrible. It's too boring and prosaic to be in the bottom 10.

That's where I got it! If you look the prior two people's posts in the thread were about how much they enjoyed HC. Obviously muse was responding to them rather than the general subject of the thread, even though muse didn't directly quote them. It's the only thing that makes sense. Context, honey!

speaking of context, there are more posts that trash HC in that thread before muse's reply, and more posts focusing on the song...

I highly doubt muse is talking about comparing the LAP album to HC album, let alone talking about a divorce album... which would make it an overdone reading between the lines...

Least favorite throwaway song from Madonna since “Hey You” – which was horrible after essential acoustic driven music of the American Life album – so that makes “Celebration” a no from me.

Nope.

Honestly, I've probably listened to it 5 times and I'm already over it. The track itself is actually half decent but for some reason its lacking something that I can connect with. I want to like it alot more than I actually do, so here's hoping the video will spark some more interest.

Guest Pud Whacker

its too early to tell. all i know is that when i play it, its goes on repeat for hours until i cant listen to it anymore. :rotfl:

so thats a good sign.