Celebration on iTunes

sniper

big drop

at number 99

I just saw that on ITUNES. WOW!! I really didn't expect this to drop so dramatically and so fast on ITUNES. I didn't have much faith with radio in the U.S., but where are all the buying fans? And why hasn't Warners made a big push for this song.

I know this is wishful thinking, but I am hoping that they are planning to make a big push for the song in the next week or two when the video is released. And honestly, Madonna should be performing this song on tour right now. I don't get why she doesn't take this opportunity to do this as this can help promote at least in Europe. But I guess it's too late now since the tour is almost over.

WB isn't gonna do anything else for this song, and Revolver will have a similar fate. They should have released the song and video the SAME WEEK. Aug 28th is just ridiculous, unless the video is some spectacular production.

Guest Bad Robot

butchu aint got celebration or revolver yet sweetie

plus, dis shit is remastered

whats wrong witchu???

I have Celebration already. Unless you mean on CD, but I haven't purchased a CD since 2006.

And I don't care about remastering.

Guest jamesshot

What is the point of releasing something if you aren't going to promote it? Should've just left it on the CD unreleased so at least she could say "Greatest Hits with never before heard new songs".

It is kind of startling to realize this woman had a #3 single just a year ago.

Well, remember, too, that "4 Minutes" had a boatload of remixes, too. I believe they were released the week after the single. And then there was the video, as well. All of those additional downloads surely helped the chart position.

We have no clue when the remixes are being released, and only a slight hint about when the video is airing. I have a feeling that "Celebration" might keep falling until these other versions come out -- although at this point, I'm not sure if that will boost the single into any better chart position. The wind might be out of its sails by that point, with the 'new' factor being gone. (But maybe I'm wrong -- maybe it will be one of those singles that comes roaring back later when it has some mass exposure. Right now, I don't feel like it's getting that. Perhaps it won't ever get that, but there isn't much out there to promote it right now.)

butchu aint got celebration or revolver yet sweetie

plus, dis shit is remastered

whats wrong witchu???

There are so many fans here, definitely someone will leak the whole album like the way they spread Celebrate when it first leaked.

Who needs to buy when you can get it free in here?

There are so many fans here, definitely someone will leak the whole album like the way they spread Celebrate when it first leaked.

Who needs to buy when you can get it free in here?

Why are you so obsessed with sales and airplay then?

I still don't think that this is the end for CELEBRATION... WBR may have purposedly not push for much more visible ads in iTunes...

it was not mentioned in iTunes emails... plus, it was not published in one of its banner ads... WBR may be behind this...

Don't tell me iTunes needs to get paid even to just promote C as "new music" in iTunes emailers... WBR must be behind it...

They may consolidate a push for the single by 4th week of AUGUST, with the video release and most probably the release of the final tracklist...

Guest Danny86

bks @ Pulse

Before catching my plane, have a 2nd to do a really small post:

Hot 100 Airplay (before recurrents removed):

Mariah - #17

Shakira - #21

Madonna - #903

Soundscan

Shakira - #11 (+219%) 75,425

Mariah - #12 (+9) 71,640

Madonna - #40 (+57%) 31,882

I still don't think that this is the end for CELEBRATION... WBR may have purposedly not push for much more visible ads in iTunes...

it was not mentioned in iTunes emails... plus, it was not published in one of its banner ads... WBR may be behind this...

Don't tell me iTunes needs to get paid even to just promote C as "new music" in iTunes emailers... WBR must be behind it...

They may consolidate a push for the single by 4th week of AUGUST, with the video release and most probably the release of the final tracklist...

Yes at last someone who speaks sense!

This song will peak in september after the real push!

big drop

at number 99

I guess it's done unless the damn MV is coming out. It's the Hung Up level of success (on the opposite side) LOL

bks @ Pulse

Mariah - #17

Shakira - #21

Madonna - #903

Soundscan

Mariah - #12 (+9) 71,640

Oh my gosh. That is WAY lower than expected... what will it peak at? #75? Lower? I am so angry at so many things!!! :rant:

bks @ Pulse

Mariah - #17

Shakira - #21

Madonna - #903

Soundscan

Mariah - #12 (+9) 71,640

Oh my gosh. That is WAY lower than expected... what will it peak at? #75? Lower? I am so angry at so many things!!! :rant:

Guest Bad Robot

Unless something dramatic happens with promotion, this will probably end up its only week on the Hot 100 too. Around #75 is probably a decent guess for its debut position.

Madonna's "Celebration" is this week's hot shot debut in Billboard's Dance/Club Play Chart(#29); She is now showing in the mediabase HAC(#48 and climbing); the song has not been officially serviced to the POP stations yet; the video will be out on the 24th; US downloads "Celebration" are only about 42000 so far. Do you people really believe that the song has run its course in just 8 days time or that Madonna has so few buyers left in the USA?

Guest Danny86

^People just realized that pop radio made a decision and nothing can be done about it.

At this point, even "Revolver featuring Lil Wayne" reaching the level of "American Life" would be a miracle.

Guest Bad Robot

Madonna's "Celebration" is this week's hot shot debut in Billboard's Dance/Club Play Chart(#29); She is now showing in the mediabase HAC(#48 and climbing); the song has not been officially serviced to the POP stations yet; the video will be out on the 24th; US downloads "Celebration" are only about 42000 so far.

The Club Play chart has *zero* relevance to any other chart. A song could easily hit #1 on Club Play and never make it on to any radio chart or the Hot 100. Madonna's even done that a few times -- "Impressive Instant" comes to mind.

Do you people really believe that the song has run its course in just 8 days time or that Madonna has so few buyers left in the USA?

Yes.

Guest Danny86

"Celebration" has not been officially serviced to Pop radio yet!

So now we're seriously thinking in the span of 6 weeks, two Madonna singles will be "officially serviced" to pop radio (considering people assume "Revolver" should drop before the album)? :confused:

1.The Club Play chart has *zero* relevance to any other chart. A song could easily hit #1 on Club Play and never make it on to any radio chart or the Hot 100. Madonna's even done that a few times -- "Impressive Instant" comes to mind.

2.Yes.

1. Madonna's songs and many other songs peak in sales when they reach the top of that chart. So, it DOES have revelance! It shows something about the song's popularity.

2.You are a fool...

Edited by Madonna-Greece

Guest Danny86

^Biggest joke ever on this forum. Her sales peak on release week. Nobody ever showed any evidence in relation between sales and topping Hot Dance, not even for someone like Cyndi Lauper.

If I turn out to be right, Madonna-Greece, I'm sure you will be a gentleman and apologize for calling me a fool.

She sold 500000 really expensive concert tickets in the US last year, do you think those people can not afford a $0.99 digital single now?