A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Still thinking TUTBMP has a decent shot, as that would allow for them to advertise all 12 of her US #1's.

Not that advertising that would make any difference, but I am really wanting TUTBMP lol.

Even though it's my favorite of her albums, I'm okay with only two tracks from 'Ray of Light' being featured.

Save POG for her next ballad collection.

:thumbsup:

Yepp, i can live without it. Even if it was a pretty decent-sized hit. If it's left off, i'll live!!! :)

^But, it was an extension of JML, for the most part.

Danny, true, about the ROL singles and recurrent airplay. :) But, no question that despite that, "Frozen" and "Ray of Light" belong on the album.

What's problematic (and I may have mentioned it here already) is that it's being touted as 34 songs that "changed the world." Granted, she by far has more iconic hits than any other act of the past 25 years, but not every one would fit that mold, especially from 1992-on.

That's why TIC tracklisting was so damn near perfect (the 15 classics)- they defined an era, and in many cases, so did the videos. From 1992-on, that era doesn't compare for the cultual impact and such- especially when we have tracks like "Miles Away, "American Life," "Hollywood," etc. that could find a spot on the album.

i know everyone has their own opinion of how the tracklist should be like but IMHO if you just want 34 iconic hits front and centre it should be like this:

1. everybody

2. holiday

3. lucky star

4. borderline

5. like a virgin

6. material girl

7. crazy for you

8. into the groove

9. dress you up

10. live to tell

11. papa don't tell

12. open your heart

13. la isla bonita

14. who's that girl

15. like a prayer

16. express yourself

17. cherish

18. vogue

19. justify my love

20. erotica

21. deeper & deeper

22. secret

23. take a bow

24. frozen

25. ray of light

26. beautiful stranger

27. music

28. don't tell me

29. die another day

30. hung up

31. sorry

32. 4 minutes

33. give it 2 me

which leaves room for 1 more song: either TUTBMP, i'll remember, you'll see, you must love me, human nature etc... or true blue!

I Spotted Nobody Knows Me!

Right side of her neck just above her shoulder:

Nobody knows me

Like you know me

No ones telling you how to live my life

I don't want no lies

I don't watch TV

I don't waste my time!!!

So it IS TRUE???????

Guest Danny86
But there is no hint of Crazy For You either.

I doubt that one is gonna be left out. Only that and "Borderline" from TIC did not have any hint yet, but those are still among her most played song in the US. And now it does make sense to delete TIC, since everything except "Rescue Me" is reused on Celebration anyway.

I wonder about "Dress You Up" though, weird that no hint about it yet... But Madonna added the song on tour and surely many fans requested it, right?

Guest groovyguy
those are the 2 new ones. it says 34 songs that changed the world plus 2 new songs so there should be 36 songs
The email on 'The Celebration Begins' received on Aug 1 from Madonna.com states that "Celebration is the ultimate compilation of Madonna's biggest hits, which were all remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans."

Sounds like all the songs are remastered.

i don't remember being part of the selection process...

Guy Oseary asked people to submit their "must be included" tracks via Twitter a few months back, right before she recorded the new tracks in New York.

Well it seems "Erotica" might be there after all...

07.jpg

On the left you can see words like "give it up", "kind of" and "my body", can't think of any other song that could fit...

I saw 2 words in the 1st line (was it "down" for the 2nd word?)... then there's a "Where our..." in the 2nd line...

I guess "Where Life Begins" made it to the GH! :dramatic:

Well it seems "Erotica" might be there after all...

07.jpg

On the left you can see words like "give it up", "kind of" and "my body", can't think of any other song that could fit...

Thanks for this! Great find! :thumbsup:

Directly next to this (and a bit lower than your cropping) is the same portion of lyrics and it is the end of "Erotica" placed below lyrics from "Like A Prayer." (It says "Erotica (give it up, give it) romance, I'd like to put you in a trance, Erotica, romance, I like to do a different kind of..."

"EROTICA" IS A GO. Six potential spots left.