S&S-Zaragoza, Spain 25-7-09

Guest jamesshot

C-A-N-D-Y *crickets chirping* C-A-N-D-Y *tumbleweeds* C-A-N-D-Y -Candy Shop- "Say say say say which which which which flavor fla fla fla....." *sound akin to screaming into a canyon*

Guest boytoyville

^ Oh dear lord there will be approx 30,000 people there. That is the same as a little more than two sold out arena shows. I don't think crickets will be heard chirping. lol

As it is now the morning of the concert day in Zaragoza, the local paper estimates that 25,000 tickets have been sold up until today - but promoters were still hoping for at least 30,000 by showtime. To sell 5,000 tickets in less than 12 hours before kick-off is unlikely, but I guess we'll see what Live Nation reports when the Boxscores come out.

http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/noticia...asp?pkid=513896

Guest Danny86

I thought this show was in a stadium, but turns out it's just a...

dsc00318lrs.jpg

:demonic:

From Tribe:

The crowd is still being kept back away from the stage and not let near the gold circle or arena area yet, so are watching the soundcheck from a distance. Madonna has performed Frozen now 5 times, and is just kicking into Ray of Light.

Why five times? And does she always soundcheck the same songs? Is there some "rule" for this?

Guest boytoyville

^ Oh yeah it's the area they developed for the 2008 World Expo. Looks like between the the worlds fair,other special events, and the Madonna concert Zaragoza is trying to become a more important globel city and a top tier level city in Spain.

Guest boytoyville

^ Thats is because it is. It's in the parking lot of the 2008 worlds fair site! It's not the first block on concrete space she has performed in. It's not any different that the other field shows and airports she has performed at. It's a great open space.

Guest boytoyville

The show should be starting in Zaragoza right now. Have fun to all that go and give us some updates when you get home!

Guest boytoyville

^ Yeah I think it's really great for Spanish fans, especially because if there are only 25,000-30,000 tickets sold a lot of people are going to get a much better view than they expected! It's great that between all the 5 locations in Spain plus the date in Portugal everyone in Spain has had a chance to see the show and not nessessarily have had to travel to the two major cities in Spain to do so. Talk about a great time to be a Madonna fan in Spain!

According to a post on ICON Paul Oakfield played Celebration in Spain an hour ago.

Did Guy Oseary's Twitter say that he'll be playing it at every show from now on? Or maybe he just alluded to it.

Guest boytoyville

I am having trouble postin pics at the moment but there are a lot of great pics on Guy O's Twitter page of the crowd and fans!

Guest boytoyville
Did Guy Oseary's Twitter say that he'll be playing it at every show from now on? Or maybe he just alluded to it.

Yes, tonight was the first night and it will be played at every show from now on!

Here is a review from MTRIBE member Epraes who attended the show tonight:

OK, I just came back home from the concert. The concert itself was fabulous - a lot better than I expected, even after having watched the SKY1 broadcast. But the organization was HORRIBLE - the public transport service which the Town Hall prepared failed miserably. We were queueing from 19.30 h and our turn to get on the bus came at 21.45h!!! The venue itself is about 10 min away by car, so we thought, "Ok, we miss Oakenfold but we'll arrive in time anyway". But a GIGANTIC traffic jam at the entrance kept us waiting and I couldn't get in up until Vogue was finishing. At least 1000 people were still waiting for a bus when I left, so I'm unsure whether they made it in time at all to see any of the show! Awful organization, the police was just standing there while we were waiting inside the buses for the jam to disappear, instead of trying to divert some traffic or something.

The venue was awfully prepared. I could have entered a rifle had I wished so. But the show (or the part of it I witnessed) was terrific. Being an open field, the sound was quite clear, and my view wasn't that bad considering the late arrival and the fact that I had "General A", not Golden Circle. She said "Saragossa" quite a few times and cried during You Must Love Me, although she didn't mention the dead workers this time around. She was quite energetic and sang very well, frankly, at times I thought she was miming but she wasn't.

As an anecdote, the crowd responded poorly to Spanish Lesson, LOL, and she forgot the words. Instead of "Mucho gusto means I'm welcome to you" she said "Mucho mucho means I'm welcome to you" which doesn't make any sense LOL.

She was all smiles and had a lot of interaction with the crowd at the end, letting people sing along to Give it 2 me. Once it ended, we rushed outside to avoid the pandemonium of the arrival, which we were fortunate to achieve, taking one of the first buses back.

In all, I'm still surprised she came here considering how badly things are always arranged in this city (we had and International Exposition last year and nobody even noticed abroad), and a bit fed up with her for not starting late as she usually does! LOL. But the experience was way better than the other time I saw her, in 2001 opening her DWT in Barcelona, which was a lot more stressful during the concert. Today it was faaaar from sold out, there was a lot of room for everyone and the usual drunkards were able to wander around with their beer speaking nonsense. Most people in this area seemed bored to death anyway, but I and my friends had great fun. That's what counts at the end.

Sounds like the show itself went well, but the organization was lousy (seems to be a more common complaint these days). I wouldn't be surprised if the organizers were trying to cut costs by having little to no staffing in certain areas. Anyway, still glad the show went on and that Zaragosa got to see Madonna live.

Guest boytoyville

^ Yeah, plus it's just one personal review. Sometimes some people have a hard time with staff or traffic when others don't, certainly not to say it's this persons fault or anything like that but it depends on when a person leaves, entrance they go in and how prepared they are themselves and all that stuff. Sounds like this person had fun which is the most important thing. Can't wait to here more feedback and Bravo to Zaragoza and the promoters for footing the bill for Madonna for their citizens to enjoy! :)

Queueing from 19:30? I mean....come on, this is Madonna and it's not like there's many chances she'll come around again anytime soon especially in Zaragoza. Couldn't he show up a little sooner? He even missed Oakenfold's sort-of premiere of Celebration. Flop fan! :flopfan:

Guest My_Secret

How did the concert go? This was the concert I was planning on attending, but plans got ruined.

:sighs:

It was an incredible show!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´m just back form that parking lot!!!!! 35.000 people attend the show, an it was incredible!!! she was in an incredible mood, that´s my 5th madonna´s concert, and I´ve never seen her talking that much, laughing (even when she was dancing w, while S lessons she started to laugh and she couldn sing a little part) she played with the crowd (duing ROL, she told us that she only was going to sing if she see us singing!!! and she put the micrpone between her legs until she decided we were singing

and the changes work really well! Frozen and Ray of light are there better tha anywere!

and, of course Paul Oakenfold played Celebrate, the dub, that was the last song he played, and it sounded really good.Of course, Jesus luz was there too, and he´s even hotter in person, although he looks a littler bit "macarra", how can i say it...not posh.

It was an incredible show, way better than the one in Paris last year!!!!