New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Wow

Southern Sun mets Toca Me? it's going to be a big hit in Europe!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it's going to hit the top spot of Dance Chart. This will be her, finally, 40th #1.

Madonna SOLO will have extremely little shot at #1, regardless, so the sales release doesn't really matter. And where does it mention the iTunes release, anyhow? The radio dates rumopred are 7/28 and 8/3, but have seen nothing about iTunes.

Why? I believe Madonna's sales on i-tunes can be great! In 2005, Hung Up with NO REPRESSION hit no1 on i-tunes for 2 weeks! And it was just her... Not Justin. Just because the Hot100 was extremely airplay driven back then,it peaked at no7...

Guest ursaminorjim
Wow

Southern Sun mets Toca Me?

:confused:

That sounds fucking dire form the description, I gotta say. But here's hoping I'll eat my words and be pleasantly surprised. :)

Guest SuperPop

Sounds fucking amazing...I really have a very good feeling about this (I am a sucker for house music)

oh and btw Toca Me is GRAND..

LEAAAAAK!

Why? I believe Madonna's sales on i-tunes can be great! In 2005, Hung Up with NO REPRESSION hit no1 on i-tunes for 2 weeks! And it was just her... Not Justin. Just because the Hot100 was extremely airplay driven back then,it peaked at no7...

i believe so too :thumbsup:

questions, do digital sales from Amazon count too??

No - I just checked. All downloads in the UK count towards the chart but Amazon are currently choosing not to share their download information so don't release it, which means it can't be included in the charts.

I am now soooooooooooooo excited about this release - a house choon with a glamourous European party video. Woohoo! :vanitybonet:

Guest nothingfails0603

Very true, never underestimate Madonna fans. They were the people who mostly bought 4 Mins on its first week out as well.

Very true, never underestimate Madonna fans. They were the people who mostly bought 4 Mins on its first week out as well.

A lot of people don't appreciate at all what Hung Up did in the US! It was released on i-tunes and on the radio the SAME DAY! And the song managed to hit no1 on the HOT DIGITAL SALES for 2 weeks a few weeks after its release! That's extremely rare, to hit no1 without even a one week repression! Just because it was 2005 it peaked at no7. Today, in my opinion, it would have been at least a top4 hit on the hot100. Don't forget that Hung Up sold exactly the same with the most successful song on the american radio ever, we belong together! So make sure that you all download the song when it's out! Tell your friends to buy it, buy it as a gift for them!

A lot of people don't appreciate at all what Hung Up did in the US! It was released on i-tunes and on the radio the SAME DAY! And the song managed to hit no1 on the HOT DIGITAL SALES for 2 weeks a few weeks after its release! That's extremely rare, to hit no1 without even a one week repression! Just because it was 2005 it peaked at no7. Today, in my opinion, it would have been at least a top4 hit on the hot100. Don't forget that Hung Up sold exactly the same with the most successful song on the american radio ever, we belong together! So make sure that you all download the song when it's out! Tell your friends to buy it, buy it as a gift for them!

The US charts are screwed. You can sell masses of singles but because you don't get the airplay you are not a hit?

If the car industry was considered a success by the amount of test drives and not of actual sales, there wouldn't be car industry. No wonder the music industry is fooked. :confused:

The US charts are screwed. You can sell masses of singles but because you don't get the airplay you are not a hit?

If the car industry was considered a success by the amount of test drives and not of actual sales, there wouldn't be car industry. No wonder the music industry is fooked. :confused:

MiMi was good on the test drives. Madonna on the actual car sales. The hot100 was driven by the test drives back in 2005! Now that it is driven by the actual car sales, we saw that 4 Minutes would have hit no1 if Warner had waited one more week and we can all help celebrate to peak very high!!!!!

I think my issue is how hesitant Radio was to play it in the U.S. While the rest of the world was willing to play it at any time, only selected regions of the U.S. would play "Hung Up". Middle America... forget it. Though, it did get much more airplay than I expected. I actually heard it in my neck of woods, which is rare for a new Madonna song since I noticed a lack of interest in playing new Madonna songs started with the release of the singles from RAY OF LIGHT. "Music" and "Don't Tell Me" got good radio exposure, but after that, radio stopped playing her new music. "Die Another Day" did pretty decent though, but again by then middle America wasn't into her anymore.

When "Hung Up" was released and was hearing that it got some airplay, I certainly thought "Sorry" as a single would do even better. Boy was I was wrong. I actually thought "Sorry" was always a stronger and friendlier radio song. So it surprised me that after the attention of "Hung Up" in the U.S., radio ignored "Sorry". But of course, the rest of the world was eating up the song. I had almost forgotten how big CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR was until I checked it's sales and air charts world-wide. It was the album that she was #1 in over 40 countries. Something she had never did with any other album. Yet, in the biggest music market, she did not receive the same love. :thumbsdown:

I understand that U.S. has a different market. And I guess that's why in the past U.S. music was always so popular. And maybe I'm just bias or I am getting older, but the music in the U.S. sucks. However, I do enjoy a lot of the newer music lately that is from the rock bands. All the new Hip hop and R&B crap is getting old to me though.

Guest ursaminorjim
When "Hung Up" was released and was hearing that it got some airplay, I certainly thought "Sorry" as a single would do even better. Boy was I was wrong. I actually thought "Sorry" was always a stronger and friendlier radio song.

I completely and utterly agree with this.

Jeez, next thing you know there'll be a black President!

Amazon in the USA reports digital sales.

"Hung Up" hit No. 1 on Hot Digital Songs around the time of the album release- it debuted at No. 6 with 29,600 scanned (and then proceeded to drop for two consecutive weeks before picking up some steam). Wow- remember how much smaller the digital market was, when 29,600 was good enough for No. 6- and when HU topped Digital Songs, it was with 51,000+. And, actually, sales counted more then than they do now- when BB added digital sales to the Hot 100 mix, it changed the sales divider from 10 to 5. Then, a couple years later, it moved back to 5, when sales started growing exponentially.

If "Celebrate" is available at iTunes, it should sell well out of the gate.

And, have we determined if those previously posted lyrics are part of the song, or were phony?

Guest nothingfails0603
I think my issue is how hesitant Radio was to play it in the U.S. While the rest of the world was willing to play it at any time, only selected regions of the U.S. would play "Hung Up". Middle America... forget it. Though, it did get much more airplay than I expected. I actually heard it in my neck of woods, which is rare for a new Madonna song since I noticed a lack of interest in playing new Madonna songs started with the release of the singles from RAY OF LIGHT. "Music" and "Don't Tell Me" got good radio exposure, but after that, radio stopped playing her new music. "Die Another Day" did pretty decent though, but again by then middle America wasn't into her anymore.

When "Hung Up" was released and was hearing that it got some airplay, I certainly thought "Sorry" as a single would do even better. Boy was I was wrong. I actually thought "Sorry" was always a stronger and friendlier radio song. So it surprised me that after the attention of "Hung Up" in the U.S., radio ignored "Sorry". But of course, the rest of the world was eating up the song. I had almost forgotten how big CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR was until I checked it's sales and air charts world-wide. It was the album that she was #1 in over 40 countries. Something she had never did with any other album. Yet, in the biggest music market, she did not receive the same love. :thumbsdown:

I understand that U.S. has a different market. And I guess that's why in the past U.S. music was always so popular. And maybe I'm just bias or I am getting older, but the music in the U.S. sucks. However, I do enjoy a lot of the newer music lately that is from the rock bands. All the new Hip hop and R&B crap is getting old to me though.

the thing I never liked about how US radio handled the whole idea was that Mariah and Glitter pretty much played a domino effect and all the major divas ended up doing poorer than ever before in 2002-2004. Yet when she made her comeback in 2005, it should've played the same ricochet effect where Madonna, Janet, Celine, etc... were suddenly hot again. Radio should've been warm and have a huge "welcome back Madge" attitude when Hung Up came out as an effect of Mimi's success. There is no excuse why Hung Up didn't shoot up the charts and dominate airwaves the way Music did. They were so up Mariah's ass in 2005 and you'd think if audiences were ready to welcome Mariah back, then they're ready for all the divas to return, yet they chose to play Don't Forget About Us (single #4 compared to single #1) ten times as much as Hung Up.

Guest nothingfails0603
I completely and utterly agree with this.

Jeez, next thing you know there'll be a black President!

You just know if COADF came out 2 years later radio would've been all over it. In 2005, US radio only liked two genres of music, hip hop and midtempo r&b. Justin with SexyBack and Rihanna with SOS practically saved popular music in the states.

Is it "Celebrate" or "Celebration"?

So, I take it these were not real:

When the world's got you down

And there's trouble all around

You can stand up

You can stand up and say

I'm not gonna let it get the best of me

And when your love falls apart

You've got a broken heart

You can make it

You can make it all go away

Just follow me and you will see

CHORUS:

We all need a celebration

Celebrate

Celebrate

Let's join hands across the nation

Celebrate

Celebrate

Come together

Live forever

Celebrate

Celebrate

Celebration

You just know if COADF came out 2 years later radio would've been all over it. In 2005, US radio only liked two genres of music, hip hop and midtempo r&b. Justin with SexyBack and Rihanna with SOS practically saved popular music in the states.

Only if it was by Rihanna.

Radio will never be all over a Madonna record unless she dies suddenly.

Posted on Madonnalicious

Just heard it.... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

An all out dance record, even more so than hung up... very Ibiza, very Oakenfold but still VERY Madonna. Think 'When Love Takes Over' meets 'Southern Sun' and 'Toca Me' and also similar to the Above & Beyond mix of WIFLFAG (sorry the only tracks I can think of to compare to right now - others more suitable will probably spring to mind!).

Couldn't record but noted lyrics (below is verse 2 and chorus 2). The bridge is spoken word rather than sung and very M - has a funny line about 'not recognising you with your clothes on! Any lyrical reference to 'Celebration' doesn't come in til the second chorus (simple 'yeah' is in it's place in chorus one). Was also told it's NOT going to radio til Aug 3rd?!

Basically, we're all gonna be dancing our asses off to this track all Summer! Love it!

boy u got a reputation

but u gonna have to prove it

i see a little hesitation am i gonna have to show you

that if it feels right, get on your marks

step to the beat boy that's what it's for

put yr arms around me

when it gets too hot we can go outside

cos from now just come here, let me whisper in yr ear

an invitation to the dance tonight

and im not fighting (it's a celebration)

cos anybody just wont do

let's get this started (no more hesitation)

cos everybody wants to party with you

LMAO I actually envisioned the song starting acapella...

There's no time for hesitation

we all need a celebration

Not quite the same, but close.

I must be psychic!!!

New Single Played at Warners

Our reader Londonfan30 informs us that Madonna's new single has been played to Warner people yesterday. And the reaction was amazing. Our friend says:

"An all out dance record, even more so than hung up... very Ibiza, very Oakenfold but still VERY Madonna. Think 'When Love Takes Over' meets 'Southern Sun' and 'Toca Me' and also similar to the Above & Beyond mix of What It Feels Like For A Girl. The bridge is spoken word rather than sung and very Madonna - has a funny line about 'not recognising you with your clothes on! Any lyrical reference to 'Celebration' doesn't come in til the second chorus (simple 'yeah' is in it's place in chorus one). Was also told it's not going to radio 'til August 3rd."

Basically, we're all gonna be dancing our asses off to this track all summer! People will love it!

Thanks to Londonfan30

Our reader Londonfan30 informs us that Madonna's new single has been played to Warner people yesterday. And the reaction was amazing. Our friend says:

"An all out dance record, even more so than hung up... very Ibiza, very Oakenfold but still VERY Madonna. Think 'When Love Takes Over' meets 'Southern Sun' and 'Toca Me' and also similar to the Above & Beyond mix of What It Feels Like For A Girl. The bridge is spoken word rather than sung and very Madonna - has a funny line about 'not recognising you with your clothes on! Any lyrical reference to 'Celebration' doesn't come in til the second chorus (simple 'yeah' is in it's place in chorus one). Was also told it's not going to radio 'til August 3rd."

Basically, we're all gonna be dancing our asses off to this track all summer! People will love it!

Thanks to Londonfan30

Maybe they'll actually promote it, if they love it so much. :thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Thanks to Londonfan30

Ok, now i'm excited!