New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

I just don't like the attitude let's not expect too much from a new Madonna single/project. Can't wait to hear a subpar "b single" for a new track. Why make music if it's not the best you can do at that moment? Madonna was never like that. I still smell a stinker upbeat Hey You. If it is ill be very dissapointed.

Guest Pud Whacker
I certainly think she should bother with this. It might be their project but it is her legacy, her great songs. She shouldn't take this lightly. She needs to do everything in her power to make this an "event". After this, WBR will rape the shit outta her back catalogue so *this* project needs to be the one that really counts if that makes sense.

that all depends on HER publishing. they certainly didnt do that with prince - its not like when doves cry was used to every tv commercial. madonna was pretty smart when it came to publishing, like believe it or not, olivia newton john - who was one of the smartest when it came to her publishing.

Guest Pud Whacker
I just don't like the attitude let's not expect too much from a new Madonna single/project. Can't wait to hear a subpar "b single" for a new track. Why make music if it's not the best you can do at that moment? Madonna was never like that. I still smell a stinker upbeat Hey You. If it is ill be very dissapointed.

sounds liek you already are - so the only way is up. :lol:

Iconography was never confirmed- and neither is Celebration, though that one seems more likely.

Supposedly, the music used during "Holiday" on the S&S Tour is the music for "Celebrate"?

If it is, then it's quite good but hardly a departure for her - which I suppose is the point for a GH single.

To my ears it sounded like the original "Holiday" meets "Get Together" - which is funny cause everyone said "Get Together" was a "Holiday" homage at the time.

Guest jamesshot

"iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

*Mariah whistle register to drown out the negativity*

I imagine it is what she does when Madonna comes on the radio.

If it is, then it's quite good but hardly a departure for her - which I suppose is the point for a GH single.

To my ears it sounded like the original "Holiday" meets "Get Together" - which is funny cause everyone said "Get Together" was a "Holiday" homage at the time.

Well, isn't it? Maybe that wasn't its intention, but it sure sounds like an offspring to me. A true homage of old school Madonna dance/celebration songs.

We can only hope "Celebrate" will stand on it's own because if it is tied to one of her classics, it will probably be dismissed.

Love the title CELEBRATION. I get the feeling it's going to be a "happy" package...very user friendly Madonna. Pretty pics, lots of smiles and bells, etc.

ICONography was nice, but a bit too Jackson-like for Madonna.

It's a bit big headed...no sense of irony.

She'd basically be calling herself an icon, which she is. Best if others do it for her.

It works better when it's obvious (like Celebration) or when she takes an insult (like REINVENTION) and claims it as her own.

I certainly think she should bother with this. It might be their project but it is her legacy, her great songs. She shouldn't take this lightly. She needs to do everything in her power to make this an "event". After this, WBR will rape the shit outta her back catalogue so *this* project needs to be the one that really counts if that makes sense.

It was reported when the LN deal was announced that Madonna was going to retain control over her WBR output, which means no endless MJ Sony-type collections (#1s, The Ballads, The Ultimate, The Essential, The Dance Hits etc.).

As has already been pointed out, she's actually recorded three new songs recently, two of which will be included on the new collection. Wasn't there also a new photo shoot for it a few months ago? She's involved, don't you worry about that!

I actually really like the title, it's different. And I am so excited for this single! I don't expect huge things from this project, I just expect that we're gonna be getting 3 good new songs, maybe a B-Side(which would be amazing), and maybe Madonna will finally have a proper GH. A good farewell from Warners.

Guest bluejean

Maybe 'Celebrate' is a sort of remix of 'Holiday.' Abit like when Cyndi Lauper did 'Hey Now (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun).'

It's exciting that we're getting new songs. I am looking fwd to this project.

Guest ursaminorjim
Maybe 'Celebrate' is a sort of remix of 'Holiday.' Abit like when Cyndi Lauper did 'Hey Now (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun).'

Odeargodpleasenodontletthathappenogodogodogod...

Woohoo!!! Can't wait to hear it!

I hope there's a gem among the new songs on the compilation album like Time Stood Still.

TSS is a single material. too bad it dint make it.

wow great news. i wouldn't expect it so close honestly but new music is on the way and i am extremely happy. I like CELEBRATION title - it's a very obvious title for 25 years in the music business. Can't wait to hear the new song.

let's just hope nothing changes, cause july 28 is not to far away

it's too late to be considered a summer single, but the fact that it's getting released in the summer, is quite something. we havent had a summer single in a long time

It was reported when the LN deal was announced that Madonna was going to retain control over her WBR output, which means no endless MJ Sony-type collections (#1s, The Ballads, The Ultimate, The Essential, The Dance Hits etc.).

Do you have a source for that information? I don't remember ever reading that nugget. I do recall that the master tapes for the 3 albums she delivers to Live Nation will revert to her ownership when their deal ends, but I don't recall a mention of any control of the Warner material.

Wasn't there also a new photo shoot for it a few months ago? She's involved, don't you worry about that!

Just the new Louis Vuitton one at the end of April. It was rumored that the images *might* also be used for the GHV3 project. However, in Anna H.'s latest leak she said there has been no photoshoot for the GTS HITS yet, which would seem to indicate that the Vuitton photos might not be used for it.

I fear that we won't be getting a proper video for "Celebrate," but it is still exciting to finally hear some news about the song itself. Maybe she'll shoot something while on tour like she did with "Jump." (awaits the forum cringe)

Madonna most defintely does not have control of her WB material.

I love the the title Celebration, so I hope it's true. July 28th is sooo close. Any bets on when this thing is gonna leak?