Guy on touring Australia

cosmic_system

@rickybeirao i already said the other day, next tour definitely down under!! I cant wait..

Your delusional. Guy's word has not proven very reliable. Why is he promising this why the current tour is still going...get it down under if his intentions were true.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I just don't understand why it has to be "next time"? You're on a second leg, why not second leg over here?

She chooses to run off to Stovlakia and Erkstankia instead, random.

I think i'd rather her tour with another album anyway. I enjoyed HC, but it's not really an album i'm screaming to see live.

I just don't understand why it has to be "next time"? You're on a second leg, why not second leg over here?

Second leg but Australia it would be a flacid penis. cant be a third leg you know?

I think i'd rather her tour with another album anyway. I enjoyed HC, but it's not really an album i'm screaming to see live.

Exactly! And war torn Israel, we haven't a hope in hell of Madonna coming down here again :( Im not screaming to see this tour live either, but it would be nice to have a look in.

Your delusional. Guy's word has not proven very reliable. Why is he promising this why the current tour is still going...get it down under if his intentions were true.

Sorry?I don't give a shit about it, I live in Italy :lol:

Guest Danny86

Yes, very random, she's not allowed to tour countries she never visited before, right? :rolleyes:

Yes, very random, she's not allowed to tour countries she never visited before, right? :rolleyes:

I don't get the Aussie Drama.

She went to Latin America only in 1993.She toured there again just last year, and I'm sure she's not going to to Latin America with the next tour but she'll do Australia and I bet Asia (you know, she NEVER did Singapore, Hong Kong etc but only Japan).reading some comments here it's like she NEVER did Australia in the first place). :nocomment:

Guest Danny86
I don't get the Aussie Drama.

She went to Latin America only in 1993.She toured there again just last year, and I'm sure she's not going to to Latin America with the next tour but she'll do Australia and I bet Asia (you know, she NEVER did Singapore, Hong Kong etc but only Japan).reading some comments here it's like she NEVER did Australia in the first place). :nocomment:

LN will HAVE TO do Australia and Asia next time, because Madonna will not be able to get the biggest grossing tour with only US & EU again.

And she's been ignoring the Scandinavian countries almost always as well. I just don't get why some countries need to be bashed, they are selling better than some of the Western European ones, and tickets are not cheap either. Who decided that Australia should be the top priority, over countries she NEVER visited?

And did Madonna ever promise Australia before this tour? Yes, they were in talks with the promoter, it was officially confirmed by Australian promoters that the deal fell out. Yet some of you make it seem it's all about "oh she hates Australia" as if Madonna was like Alanis or Jewel, who tours the world with an acoustic guitar and can choose the cities she wants to perform.

Guest AshLover1977

I saw Madonna on an interview with Australian media say that if the Confessions Tour made it to Japan she would tour Australia.

The Confessions Tour ended in Japan.

No apology or explanation was properly given.

I saw Madonna on an interview with Australian media say that if the Confessions Tour made it to Japan she would tour Australia.

The Confessions Tour ended in Japan.

No apology or explanation was properly given.

Apology?No tickets were sold.

As of the end of June 2006, Guy O was still trying to bring CT to Australia - FACT (I heard him say so with my own ears).

When Australia didn't pan out, Madonna herself apologised to the Australians (upsetting many fans in other countries for singling Australia out), since she had said that if CT made it to Japan (which it did), she would also come to Australia (which she didn't). She also said that she would definitely come to Australia again, since she "wasn't retiring any time soon" (note that she did NOT say "on my next tour").

Dates were confirmed for January 2009, the staff were told that they were coming to Australia and on-sale dates for tickets were scheduled, then the promoters pulled out because the plummeting Aussie dollar meant that the prices negotiated with Madonna's camp when the dollar was much stronger would make the venture too risky for them. Without a promoter, a tour doesn't happen. Madonna's fault? No.

For the very first time, Guy O. goes on public record promising to bring Madonna's NEXT tour to Australia. It remains to be seen whether this will happen or not, but at this stage, he is promising to make it happen.

Of course, it's much easier for everyone to be cynical/hysterical and claim that Guy and Madonna are liars and she hates Australia and Australia hates her and her tours are garbage and would be flops anyway etc. etc. She keeps trying to get here, but this time, economics got in the way. It really is as simple as that.

As of the end of June 2006, Guy O was still trying to bring CT to Australia - FACT (I heard him say so with my own ears).

When Australia didn't pan out, Madonna herself apologised to the Australians (upsetting many fans in other countries for singling Australia out), since she had said that if CT made it to Japan (which it did), she would also come to Australia (which she didn't). She also said that she would definitely come to Australia again, since she "wasn't retiring any time soon" (note that she did NOT say "on my next tour").

Dates were confirmed for January 2009, the staff were told that they were coming to Australia and on-sale dates for tickets were scheduled, then the promoters pulled out because the plummeting Aussie dollar meant that the prices negotiated with Madonna's camp when the dollar was much stronger would make the venture too risky for them. Without a promoter, a tour doesn't happen. Madonna's fault? No.

For the very first time, Guy O. goes on public record promising to bring Madonna's NEXT tour to Australia. It remains to be seen whether this will happen or not, but at this stage, he is promising to make it happen.

Of course, it's much easier for everyone to be cynical/hysterical and claim that Guy and Madonna are liars and she hates Australia and Australia hates her and her tours are garbage and would be flops anyway etc. etc. She keeps trying to get here, but this time, economics got in the way. It really is as simple as that.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean
:lol: Yes, just kidding. I don't believe Madonna wrote that piece anyway, since she seemed to know specifically she'd been there only once in other interviews.

Is JANICE JACKSON helping you come up with these excuses?

that's happen when some of you think only your countries are on the map. :thumbsdown:

This time is our turn. Those who live in these random places. Until next time, it's now your turn to see clips on YouTube while we're going to the concert.

Well lets face it. AUSTRALIA is a bit more influential and important than Romania. I dont know why youre so proud that Madonna chose you for an easy buck for minimal costs since she knows you will flock to the concert since you dont get many stars when going to Australia would be a huge undertaking and cut into her profits. So congratulations to Erstankia for lining her pockets I guess.

Well lets face it. AUSTRALIA is a bit more influential and important than Romania. I dont know why youre so proud that Madonna chose you for an easy buck for minimal costs since she knows you will flock to the concert since you dont get many stars when going to Australia would be a huge undertaking and cut into her profits. So congratulations to Erstankia for lining her pockets I guess.

yeah I accept this idea too as a fan. To fill her pocket with some money just because I have waited her for 16 years to see her live. I don't care about the others from my country to pay some money just to see her for curiosity.

It's Australia's turn to wait more than 16 years...:)...more than I've waited her actually.

P.S1: Romania had Michael, Kylie, Rolling Stones, Pink, Nelly Furtado, Depeche Mode, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin or Shakira here.

P.S2: "Why you're so obsessed with me?"...or Romania? :lol:

yeah I accept this idea too as a fan. To fill her pocket with some money just because I have waited her for 16 years to see her live. I don't care about the others from my country to pay some money just to see her for curiosity.

It's Australia's turn to wait more than 16 years...:)...more than I've waited her actually.

P.S1: Romania had Michael, Kylie, Rolling Stones, Pink, Nelly Furtado, Depeche Mode, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin or Shakira here.

P.S2: "Why you're so obsessed with me?"...or Romania? :lol:

PS 1 I'm still waiting for the REAL stars to be mentioned. In fact I find it kinda pathetic for Madonna to pull a Michael and tour third world countries (no offense) to soak up the admiration.

PS 2 I'm just responding to your extremely hostile and antagonizing post towards CUBB.

Guest Danny86
PS 1 I'm still waiting for the REAL stars to be mentioned. In fact I find it kinda pathetic for Madonna to pull a Michael and tour third world countries (no offense) to soak up the admiration.

I'm not following. Is Madonna only allowed to do a DWT/RIT type of schedule that includes basically only US, Canada, UK, France and Germany? I thought it actually makes her look a bigger star if she can sell out expensive shows in stadiums in Eastern Europe, instead of having to resort to Madison Square Garden or the O2, like what Janet did. Also, Zephyr mentioned several stars, don't know who else you'd want to hear. The big stars tour everywhere, I don't see why it would be better if Madonna stuck with a LOCAL STAR schedule than visit the so called "third world". An European tour was long overdue, and in fact it's the dates in Spain and France are struggling, not the ones in Romania or Bulgaria, where she never performed.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. People in Eastern Europe and the like are hungry for big shows when people in big markets like UK, US and Australia have lots of real stars and the show will have to pull on its own merits. It's a known policy for HAS BEENS to tour SLOVAKIA and HONG KONG to retread past glories (see Michael).

Guest Danny86
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. People in Eastern Europe and the like are hungry for big shows when people in big markets like UK, US and Australia have lots of real stars and the show will have to pull on its own merits. It's a known policy for HAS BEENS to tour SLOVAKIA and HONG KONG to retread past glories (see Michael).

How does the US and UK and Australia have a lots of REAL stars and when did Madonna ever have to compete with anyone in those markets? She broke records with touring in the US even with the lack of airplay and underperforming albums (starting with RIT). For artists like Madonna, the has-been land would be a residency in Vegas, NYC or the O2, which is what MJ is doing now.

According to you, people like Janet or Mariah could pull stadiums in Slovakia or Hong Kong because they are hungry for big shows and big names. There are not THAT many BIG names who manage to become as popular as Madonna or MJ in those markets, I really don't see why this is even remotely considered as pathetic.

MJ was far from a has been during the Dangerous Tour, his popularity was unprecedented back then, everyone knew they could get a lot of money with him, it would have been a huge mistake if he resorted to the US and UK only...