Lets have some DEEPER AND DEEPER love

Dr Lecter

I ADORE THE VIDEO...SO FUCK ALL U PLAYA HATER FAGS...

THIS SONG IS ABOUT A 12 Y.O ME, TWO LESBIANS & MY 1ST PACK OF CIGARETTES IN 1992.

I swear sometimes the bitch is so dense..it's brillant pop songwriting :americanlife:

PERFORM IT :americanlife:

yay Girlie Show. :thumbsup:

So, what is this song really about? Infatuation? Love? Sexuality? I get the whole idea of discovering some sort of libido but the whole "daddy couldn't be all wrong" part throws me off.

Oh My God...

You Mean to Tell Me that Ive Been Saying: "DADDY COULDNT BE A-ROUND!!"

this whole time! :rant::blink::sneaky::wacko::dramatic:

loom, you just knew I'dreply to your TIC comments. :gent:

TIC liner notes were pretty well-written. It doesn't say *she* invented dance music, but "Holiday" and "Let the Music Play." Maybe it's a little overblown, but in terms of non-disco/soul-funk tracks (esp. in the post-disco era), those two mainstream records that had the "dance beat" and such.

GHV2's notes should have been a tad more serious, as opposed to the attempt at humor.

Guest Pud Whacker
There is only ONE WAY to celebrate this TUNE

bo.jpg

KICK IT BO!!!! , OH ALRIGHT. CATHERINE ZETA JONES - WHAT A HEIFER.

:rotfl: just saw this one last night before bed!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
I love this song & the music video.

I still can't believe WB dropped this video from 93:99. :manson:

instead we got the EVITA CAPPED TEETH and hideously torn (cut with scissors) curtains of LOVE DONT LIVE HERE ANYMORE. :rotfl:

One of my favourite all time M songs and videos. Absolutely love it and love the bootleg extended mixes that contain the extra unreleased bridge. The video is great - clubbing, driving that fantastic Merc, dark voodoo stuff in the basement. Although she doesn't necessarily look her best, I love her in it. Fantastic!

I love this video and it captures all the fashions that were in that year, the whole 70s revival.

I read this on wiki. had no idea she was playing edie or anything about warhol.

The music video was shot on November 7-8, 1992 at Ren-Mar Studios and The Roxbury nightclub in Hollywood, California and directed by Bobby Woods (who was also an executive producer at Madonna's company, Boy Toy Inc.). It was an ode to Andy Warhol, shot in near identical style to many of his films. In the video Madonna played Edie Sedgwick. At the time of its release few understood the homage of the video, and it remains one of Madonna's most alluring videos (she did not include it in her 1999 video compilation The Video Collection 93:99).

Madonna's good friend and actress Debi Mazar made a cameo in the video, as well as Academy-Award winning film director and screenwriter Sofia Coppola, and the actor Udo Kier, who had appeared in the Andy Warhol films Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula. There were also brief cameos of Holly Woodlawn and Chi Chi LaRue.

Guest Danny86
I love this song & the music video.

I still can't believe WB dropped this video from 93:99. :manson:

Initially, "Erotica" was meant to be included though, but got replaced by "The Power Of Good-Bye". So it was probably Madonna's decision that she did not want "D&D" in the first place and then Warner was forced to drop "Erotica" to avoid a parental advisory sticker and eventually had to rename the release to 93:99.

It is entirely possible that Madonna did not like how the video turned out, when looking back from 1999. The same reason how it's very obvious that she went with "LDLHA" instead of "You'll See" to represent STR, because on a video compilation, it would have looked really lame that "YS" was rehashing "TAB" footage.

Chi chi la rue is an old time drag artist. Hasnt he just died. Ill find the moment where he's in the video. You cant really miss him...he's like big bird.

There is a fat drag queen who is in it very briefly and a thin woman who looks like a drag queen in the seance bit. Which is this one?

We also got David's Radio Edit on the radio here. Never really understood why, the album version / radio edit is clearly superior, in my humble opinion ;)

And yes, one of her best, most underrated classics. If the new compilation is a career retrospective hopefully it'll get a much deserved slot on the tracklisting.

if DAD was released as the 1st single from Erotica, even w/ that video we'd be looking at a 1000% different end result w/ Eroticas success. It a perfect pop/dance song and flawless for radio in 1992-93. Though I like it, the production is waaay out dated and I think the lyrics are superior to the production. The lyrics are catchy and smooth as hell. If Bray produced this (maybe with a sprinkle of Sheps production -- at the most) this wouldbve been epic. Shep shouldve just been on the maxi and maybe had his mix as a radio remix version, but not album version (which shoulda been Brays).

bottom line-- Erotica -- the 1st single and video was such an epic mess lol to non hardcore fans, that even if she released Vogue as single #2, she couldnt win.