Pat Leonard Article from 1991

Nightshade

Initially, "Bedtime Story" was going to be the second single from Bedtime Stories- even reported in ICON back in the day. Then, I remember reading in the NY Post (pre-Internet days) that she was in Spain filming TAB, and was happy, as that was the better choice for second single.

acko- "In This Life" would have been a better track with PL involved, rather than Pettibone. She has chill in her voice, but, it IS a mushy-sounding track. Just plods along; with Leonard's involvement, it could have been more majestic-sounding- not a LTT soundalike, but something in that vein of greatness.

Guest Danny86
remixexpressyourself.png

Express Yourself [Video Version #1] (The house remix) | download

This is the soundtrack to the first cut of the video*. The version appearing on The Immaculate Collection home video is the second cut which removes some of the bedroom play near the end of the video and an alternate soundtrack with the beginning and ending of the 12" Local Mix sloppily spliced onto the main body of the previously posted 7" Remix.

* Note: This exact version has never been released on any audio format --commercial or promotional-- but only the first 15 seconds differ from Remix/Edit which appears on the promo CD and 7" singles. (The intro on that version is similar to what is heard on The Immaculate Collection CD.) I have corrected a tiny digital glitch that appears on all pressings of the CD, but is not heard int heard in the video.

So, about those 15 seconds; while virtually identical to the Local Mix (post "zipper"), it slightly differs by having additional echo on the usually dry line "Do you believe in love?". I have painstakingly recreated the correct version for those who love the video mix. Painstakingly. Hopefully this mess of notes made sense.

So, was this NOT the main version that was heard by most people at the time (or the Remix/Edit)? Once I read this version pushed away the 7" Remix and radio stuck with it (or the TIC version).

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget "Into The Groove" on YCD/TIC, fans often say that "Shep took out the R&B of the track". :lol:

unforgivable imo re what he did to 'Into The Groove' - and actually whilst mentioning 'The Immaculate Collection'....didn't care at all for 'his versions' of 'Holiday', 'Material Girl' or 'Express Yourself' either :thumbsdown: