madonna falls off horse again today in hamptons

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna took a nasty spill while horseback riding in the Hamptons this afternoon.

The 50-year-old pop icon, decked out in full riding gear and helmet, was doing jumps at famed photographer Steven Klein's horse farm in Bridgehampton when she fell around 4:20 p.m.

After the fall, about 10 people, including 22-year-old boy toy Jesus Luz, nervously gathered around her before emergency workers arrived.

She was carried into an ambulance on a backboard and rushed to Southampton Hospital with Klein by her side.

A police source said the injuries did not appear serious and she was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

The Material Mom's day began when she and her sons Rocco, 8, and David, 3, took a helicopter from Manhattan and landed at East Hampton airport around 2p.m.

She then went straight to Klein's compound for what should have been a relaxing day in the sun.

Some of her luggage was taken to actress and good friend's Gwyneth Paltrow nearby home.

This isn't the Pop Queen's first riding mishap.

In 2005, she broke several bones -- including three cracked ribs, a broken collarbone and a broken hand -- when she lost her balance riding on her London complex on her 47th birthday.

Last fall, when her divorce to Guy Ritchie was announced, reports speculated her marriage ended after he coldly reacted to that slip.

"If you can pinpoint an exact event or incident which spelled the death knell for them as a couple, Madonna's horse-riding accident was it," a close family friend told London's Sun.

The accident comes as she's preparing a summer tour in Europe, which kicks off July 4th in London.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04182009/news/...fall_165074.htm

A police source said the injuries did not appear serious and she was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

Sounds not too serious. I hope she didn't break anything.

Oh God. Hope it's nothing serious. I love horses but I just don't trust them. I read somewhere that thoroughbred horses are the least reliable of all breeds, because they get scared very easily. The cheaper the horse, the more you can trust it.

I think she needs to leave the horses alone after this.

I'm scared for her. There's nothing wrong with riding horses. I've done that myself. But jumping is dangerous. She should just stick to riding them.

But you have to admire her. She really is fearless and doesn't let anything stop her from doing what she wants to do.

Guest BytheBay

why should she quit riding horses? that's stupid..she's doing what she loves...she'll be fine...more power to her

guys, u should send a tweet to Guy O and maybe he reply with an update.

forgive me, i'm a bit of nervous nelly. lol

update:

RyanSeacrestsouthhampton madonna fell off horse..went to hospital and was just released her office telling me horse was startled by the pap's..

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/madonna-inj...ccident-2009184

Madonna Injured in Horseback Riding Accident

Saturday April 18, 2009

Madonna arrives at the 2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter on February 22, 2009 in West Hollywood, California.

Frank Micelotta/Getty Images

Buzz up!Madonna was taken to a New York hospital Saturday after falling from a horse while at the South Hampton, N.Y., home of friend and famed photographer Steven Klein.

The singer's rep, Liz Rosenberg, confirms Madonna was treated and released after suffering minor injuries and bruises.

"The accident occurred when the horse Madonna was riding was startled by paparazzi who jumped out of the bushes to photograph the singer, who was visiting friends on Eastern Long Island over the weekend," Rosenberg said in a statement to Usmagazine.com. "Madonna will be having further tests and will continue to remain under observation by doctors."

In 2005, Madonna -- a talented equestrian -- cracked three ribs and broke her hand and collar bone in a riding accident at her estate just outside London on her 47th birthday. The horse she was riding was a gift from her ex-husband, Guy Ritchie.

Revisit Madonna's romances.

Seven months after her injuries, the singer, now 50, was photographed by Klein for a 58-page spread in W magazine, where she was pictured alongside six stallions and posed for the cover in her riding gear.

See today's top celeb news photos.

Later that year, at the 2005 MTV Europe Awards, Madonna spoke publicly about the accident.

"After I fell off my horse it was amazing to be able to get up and dance," she said, after performing "Hung Up on You" to open the show. "You don't beat singing live...my heart was just pumping out of my chest."

just heard it on the news. hope she's alright. and the bitch never learns. DON'T FUCK RIDE THE HORSE WHEN YOU HAVE CONCERT COMING UP IN A FEW MONTHS!

"The singer's rep, Liz Rosenberg, confirms Madonna was treated and released after suffering minor injuries and bruises.

"The accident occurred when the horse Madonna was riding was startled by paparazzi who jumped out of the bushes to photograph the singer, who was visiting friends on Eastern Long Island over the weekend," Rosenberg said in a statement to Usmagazine.com. "Madonna will be having further tests and will continue to remain under observation by doctors."

If the paparazzi is to blame, I assume a huge lawsuit coming.

I hope she didn't crack bones.