Madonna's Malawian Adoption: Appeal to The Supreme Court

Bitch

I hope nothing gets in her way. Damn the press and the human rights groups trying to put a nail in her plans again? Uggh!!! They should be ashamed of themselves.

Guest hot revolver

I hope they dont let her!!! she needs to stop collecting them as if theyre trophies

plus lola's inheritance will have to be split four ways now!!!

Guest hot revolver
You could split that inheritance 10 ways and still live upper-class for generations.

Lol i wouldnt especially after inheritance taxes and inflation.

Guest jammycab

Good for her. I'm glad she does things like this, shows shes not as heartless as some people make her out to be

Edited by jammycab

Lourdes is 12 going on 13, she needs all the attention right now not a new baby girl. I won't be suprised if she moves in with Carlos for good.

Also madonna will be almost 70 when the adopted daughter finishes HS.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

First the age, 50, at that age no one knows what health issues will arise- the adoption people take that into huge consideration. I really do not think the average 50 yr old single mother would be granted adoption of a baby. Plus I think its not healthy to have a 68 year old mother when your 17 years old. Thats 6 years younger than Madonnas Dad right now and shes 50. Also there is no other parent, no one to balance things out or relate to.

We all know she's a very healthy woman who works out and eat healthy food.

She's not a average 50 yr old single mother.

its not healthy to have a 68 year old mother when your 17 years old? WHY??????

A lot, alot of single mothers raise their children alone perfectly, and how do you know that she's gonna be single forever?

I hope they dont let her!!! she needs to stop collecting them as if theyre trophies

plus lola's inheritance will have to be split four ways now!!!

Some of you don't have a minimal idea what you are talking about...what is life about. you only think of numbers and limits.

Guest Little Red

I don't doubt her good intentions but, especially after the drama she went through the last time, if there are so many orphans you'd think there would be a lot of "suitable" children to adopt who don't have living family members who don't want their children removed to another country. If it is indeed true that the grandma of the child wants her to remain in Malawi it would be extremely insensitive for M to go ahead with the adoption. If people give their kids to the orphanage out of desperation it should not be taken advantage of, there should be a humane factor to be considered, not simply "oh you gave your child to the orphanage, I can take it now, it#s too late to change your mind". Leaves a very bitter taste.

I’ll stop Madonna stealing our girl

THE granny of the Malawi girl MADONNA wants to adopt has vowed to stop the singer “stealing” her.

Madge, 50, is nearing the end of a 19-month battle to make orphaned four-year-old Mercy James legally her daughter.

But Mercy’s grandmother Lucy Chekechiwa, 61, hit out at the millionaire pop icon.

She told The Sun: “Why doesn’t this singer pick other children? It is stealing.

“I want to go to court, I won’t let her go.”

Mercy has been living in a Malawi orphanage and Lucy claimed she was badgered by officials there over the adoption.

She said: “They told me when I visited her last month that they want to find a better education and home for Mercy.

“But I am sticking to the initial agreement that Mercy will return home to me after she reaches six years old.”

Mercy was placed in the orphanage after her 18-year-old mum died five days after her birth.

It is believed her father was a schoolboy who died of Aids.

Madge wants Mercy to be a sister for her adopted son David Banda, three — also from the African country.

The star, who has two other children of her own, is flying into Malawi tomorrow.

The little girl was last night being looked after by a nanny in a lodge outside the capital Lilongwe.

The Material Girl singer has booked the lodge for a week to bond with Mercy.

The child will stay there until a legal decision has been made.

Officials yesterday confirmed adoption papers had been filed.

Madonna could launch court proceedings on Monday.

Meanwhile, Mercy had social workers dealing with her in stitches when she asked about going to live with “Mamma Mia” — confusing Madonna with the Abba film.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2346232.ece

Most of these people, including Mercy's granny, will say everything the journalists want them to say for a few pennies (in order to make bigger and more negative headlines, of course). It's no different from the situation with David's biological father.

However, those poor people are not to blame as they are the ones being exploited here; for them it's just an easy opportunity to make money and they don't understand how mess media works.

This is corrupted trash journalism at its best.

Most of these people, including Mercy's granny, will say everything the journalists want them to say for a few pennies (in order to make bigger and more negative headlines, of course). It's no different from the situation with David's biological father.

However, those poor people are not to blame as they are the ones being exploited here; for them it's just an easy opportunity to make money and they don't understand how mess media works.

This is corrupted trash journalism at its best.

You are so right about that. I am probably the last person who'd be against her wanting to adopt, but I must admit - and the press isn't even bringing this up which surprises me - that the timing is really, really bad.

I guess she can't choose that for herself, that lawyers and courts do, but still, she could have requested another date, especially with the tour going on and the divorce.

I read in the newspaper today that Madonna will first meet the two uncles of Mercy when she arrives in Malawi. They will discuss and work out a deal to get the child to Madonna. The grandmother of Mercy was only mentioned marginally. Overall Madonna is getting really bad press at the moment here in Germany.

I read in the newspaper today that Madonna will first meet the two uncles of Mercy when she arrives in Malawi. They will discuss and work out a deal to get the child to Madonna. The grandmother of Mercy was only mentioned marginally. Overall Madonna is getting really bad press at the moment here in Germany.

I hope she doesn't get bad press elsewhere, we know she gets it in the UK, its almost common sense now. but for some reason the UK, press wise, seem to rule the world.

Madonna meeting with those uncles is a good thing though, I wonder why other media is not speaking about this?

^ So true, unfortunately... Yet Madonna has gone through so many backlashes, this one wouldn't matter, especially if she thinks she's doing what's right for the girl, for David, and for herself and her entire family. It's unfortunate that in this world, doing bad is more celebrated than doing what is right and good. Many seem to praise Madonna more if she acts like a bitch, and couldn't tolerate it if she goes out and save people or earnestly work to improve their lives.

It's weird, it's almost like while others are not allowed to misbehave and do bad, she's not allowed to do good. If she does, it's automatically a sham. Ironic since Madonna, by far more often than not, has been a woman of her word.

:confused:

I´m already waiting for the first reports mentioning that she´s only adopting because she needs the publicity. You know, the poor girl has difficulties selling out her tour. And the government or officials questioning her moral values? Give me a break. Their country is dying. She is one of those who actually do something, build orphanages, schools and hospitals and they dare to question her morals. How dare they. Oh wait. I forgot she is doing this only to make Kaballah the official religion in Malawi.

Too bad that all those disgusting reports will come up again. The media should be ashamed and blamed. It´s getting worse and worse since there are no journalists working any longer. Interns make the news nowadays by surfing the internet and picking up the latest rumours. I´m sure that one or two things that were posted on this forum made the front page of the Sun, Daily Mail, News of the World etc.

Guest BytheBay
I'm sure she doesn't have AIDS either. Madonna seems to get an EMOTIONAL connection with non AIDS babies a lot.

wow...you really are an ass.

http://www.nyasatimes.com/national/3120.html :)

This is what the Malawians think, which I think is the most important thing :)

:thumbsup: I was about to post it.

Malawians support Madonna’s second adoption

Many Malawians have expressed happiness with plans by US pop star Madonna to adopt a second child from the country despite criticism by British charity, Save the Children.

Madonna’s bid to adopt orphaned Chifundo James, 4, will be examined by High Court Judge Esmie Chombo in Lilongwe on Monday and the 50 year-old US singer will be present during the hearing.

The pop queen who adopted David Banda was encouraged by President Ngwazi Dr Bingu wa Mutharika to even adopt more Malawian children.

“Malawi has over one million orphans and some of them many aren't even able to go to school. And someone comes and takes ones child to give that child a future, an education and we want to make a noise? I don't know, I really don't know. I wish someone had come and taken 10,000 Malawian children because I know 10,000 Malawian would have better education and opportunities,” Mutharika captured in a Reuters video clip said.

Mzondi Lungu a Malawian writing on the social networking site, Facebook, commended Madonna for her plans and trashed calls by Save the Children UK that the singer should rethink.

“I thinks that Madonna is doing lots of good works at home in Malawi which needs respect and recognition. I see no problem with adoption. These so called charities who oppose are just trying to sabotage her good works. After all , many orphaned kids roam the streets begging helplessly while some charity bosses live a luxury life in the name of the poor,” Lungu who is based in England wrote on his Facebook page.

Lungu’s poem in support of Madonna’s adoption on Facebook also attracted positive comments.Abigail Mhango wrote: “Oh thank God for Madonna indeed. It makes me angry. Am sure if people had a choice they would say Madge please take me! Madonna woyeee!”

Tylon Kondowe also chorused his support comment and called the condemnation of Madonna by the charity as hypocrisy saying the organization is not really helping many orphaned children in Malawi.

Towera Ngwira, however is excited that Madonna’s adoption publicity is putting the southern African country on the world map.

“We should thank her because she is putting Malawi on the map now, everyone knows Malawi and also for the love and kindness she showed as a mother,” pointed out Ngwira.

Save the Children UK, spokesman Dominic Nutt statement also received bashing by readers on Nyasa Times through their comments to the story.

James Malizani a regular contributor in comments section on Nyasa Times wrote: “I would suggest these rich British should live in an orphanage for a year and experience the hardship these kids are going through, before they open up their mouth and speak on behalf of the orphans.

“Can I suggest that Mr. Nutt has a nice, spacious home, bed, food in the UK and has a bright future and if he has kids they too are looking forward to a prosperous future? Orphans in Malawi and around the world are facing a bleak future and life.”

Malazani added: “Madonna should be applauded for what she is doing by everyone around the world. The problem of orphans, poverty has no boundaries, or colour. It is a global problem and should have both global as well as local solutions. I get frustrated by these bodies, who purport to speak on behalf of these kids and yet, they cannot offer practical solutions that provides these kids with a bright future.

“Can I also suggest to Mr. Nutt to adopt one of two orphans from Malawi or other country, and stop killing the only little hope these kids have. May be Mr. Nutt should hear stories from people with personal experiences with orphaned kids, I am one of those. We all have a responsibility to help. One planet, all Gods’ people.”

In another comment, one Njala Nthenda Nsanje wrote: “Now I know why President AlBashir of Sudan doesn’t want these so called charity organizations in his country. The fact is that these organizations are full of white people with blue eyes just to quote President of Brazil Luala Da Silva. These people with blue eyes do not in any way love a black person. Not at all. If Madonna adopted a white child say from Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Albania these organizations could kept mum but since Madonna is adopting a black child from s is a matter of concern.”

Nsanje claimed the opposition was inspired by racism.

According to Associated Press report, Austin Msowoya, legal researcher with Malawi’s Law Commission, said the child’s best interests should be taken into account — whether that means staying in an orphanage in Malawi or getting "an education with Madonna."

The singer will be led by her Malawian lawyer Allan Chinula in court on Monday to sign the adoption papers.