Patrick Wolf says he was kicked out & beaten by security at the Wembley S&S show

Camacho

Excerpt from an interview with Electroqueer blog

I also saw you in the audience of Madonna's Sticky And Sweet Tour at Wembley Stadium...

-Oh nooooo - no way! Oh no, at what point? Were you seated in the same bit?

No - I just saw you going in....

-Oh it's so awful, you don't know the story do you?

Well I was gonna ask you what you thought of the show, but if you want to tell me a story, go on then...

-Oh yeah...three songs in, me and my man were kissing and there were loads of conservative straight couples around us that complained. And then the bouncers came up to me and said "can you stop that, this is a family venue". No joke.

Are you serious?

-Seriously! And then I said "for fuck's sake" and they said "oh you can't swear - this is a family venue" when there's Madonna on stage going "fuck you, motherfucker". I was like, this is a joke. And you know we were on the VIP list but you have to pay because Madonna doesn't give out free tickets etc. And then the bouncer said "you know we can do this the easy way or the violent way" and I said "I'm staying so you do whatever you want".

My god!

-And then they just grabbed both of us. We were beaten up outside Wembley, handcuffed. These guys were like football bouncers. The police came and it just went on and on and on. My man's face covered in blood. I couldn't move for like a month. I had to lie in bed on painkillers for ages. They totally twisted my arm and my legs - it was just mad. They are currently researching the CCTV - it just really nuts. We basically got beaten up by the police. I found out that you could sing any Madonna lyric over any song - it just sounded all the same. It was a good spectacle for like ten minutes. I get a bit restless, I start singing other things over the top of other songs and I suppose that could have annoyed a few people around me, but it was so loud anyway. They just didn't like the fact that I was in hot pants and a sequined hoodie and having a good time, being in love and having a good time drinking cider. I looked too punk for them basically - so yeah, I got thrown out.

OMG - that's the worst story I ever heard about that show...

-Yeah (both laugh). But you know it means I can't be bothered to listen to Madonna ever again which is good because it means I have more time for better music. You live and you learn. You get into scraps with bouncers the whole time, but that was one step up because there were like 7 of them and they just wanted to have a go because they were bored. There was a lot of quite homophobic shit going down which I was really pissed about seeing - it was a Madonna concert y'know!

After that show, I'll never go to Wembley Stadium ever again - for me the whole experience was just poor...and then to hear your story!

-Me neither - and I'll never play there. I'll go straight to the O2 now...It's a place made for football, not for music. Why the fuck would I play at cricket grounds? I don't get it.

I don't even know who he is...but honestly, why hate Madonna for what her shitty bouncers do? I seriously doubt she has any problem with men kissing at her shows or anyone swearing.

Guest bluejean

lol That sounded funny when he said "I'll never play there." I like the guy's music but he's hardly going to sell out wembley is he?

yes patrick you must have "looked too punk" for them :lmao: what a pathetic little fuck he is. His music is absolute DIRE and he comes across as an odious piece of shit.

and yes Patrick when it comes to you having a choice of playing Wembley Stadium or O2, you should definitely go for the o2 arena :lmao: :lmao: god I hate shoreditch cunts (except my mates ha) they make me fucking sick.

Never heard of him, the silly bint can go and get fucked, I would have smashed the cunt too for singing bullshit lyrics over Madonna's songs at a fucking Madonna concert, what a dumb cunt, I'm glad he got beat up.

Guest northernlad
Im being serious here, WHO IS HE ??

Another hyped indie kid who had a brief stint with a major label... he's incredibly talented but more potential than product.

Mmm... I'm sure his story is HIGHLY EXAGGERATED. Perhaps a little scuffle after they were told to leave, IF that.

I'm sure there would be a national outcry by now if this was true.

He was probably out of his head on crack.

"Punk" sounds like a code word for being obnoxious and drunk and ruining the ability of everyone around him to enjoy her show.

He admits he was loudly singing other words over songs thereby disturbing others in their enjoyment of the concert.

In a public venue you don't have the right to behave any way you want if it interfers with the rights of others.

If I were him, I would sack my PR and agent. If you are an up and coming artist and you get beaten up at a pro-gay performer's concert you could have got some good headlines out of it.

He sounds like an annoying prick though. Does he post here?