HOUSTON - November 16 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Guest jamesshot

Kay I just got in UGH. She did not come on until 9:30 and the place was PACKED. It took us 45 minutes to get out of the damn place when it ended.

Anyway she did sing secret and it was really cool she sang alot of it She asked this guy in the front named Tommy what he wanted her to sing..he picked that. She gave a few shout outs to Texas and said "I think I like it here" or somethin like that. The intro to the show sounds really good live and watching it on youtube doesnt do it justice.

I will give a better review tomorrow. I am kinda drained haha.. and on top of that I almost got into a fight with some fuckin old black guy.

we were crossing the street and he started talkin shit to me.."Faggot, punk " etc. long story short some guy called me over across the way and told that guy to fuck off..anyway it was a good time and she is and always will be..THE QUEEN

Guest boytoyville

^ Yes, tell us more tomorrow when you are not so tired. I bet the atmosphere was electric. Post some pics of the packed stadum. So amazing that stadium has been sold out for months!

I will give a better review tomorrow. I am kinda drained haha.. and on top of that I almost got into a fight with some fuckin old black guy.

we were crossing the street and he started talkin shit to me.."Faggot, punk "

Say wha!?? Why the hell was this dude so cunty?

BACK FROM THE CONCERT!!

She did SECRET indeed. She made an "I'll sing a line, you'll sing a line" kinda deal with us and loved the response, actually thanking us for reminding her of that particular song.

Although she complained a few times "It's time for you to hang up your ties!!", "I don't know what's wrong with the front row people, they're not jumping up and down" and stuff like that, after a while she seemed to warm up to the audience. She actually said she's never been to Houston before -a lie, as well all know- but she also said that, if we played our cards right, she'd come back. And later on she said we were a great audience.

Anyway, I had a GREAT time. Actually managed to see most of the concert in section C, row 4 as a couple of seats were empty and me and a friend took our chances when the show was about to start hehehe. Decided to go back to our original seats later on because we were with two other friends and we also wanted to share the experience with them. Her best tour? Dunno. "Drowned World" and "Confessions" will always have a special place in my ranking and it looks like this one might join them in that list. A completely different thing from those two, but just as captivating. She danced her ass off, her energy was simply breathtaking and just the opportunity to see her that close, even if just for half the show, was worth the admission price alone.

Long live the Queen.

Oh my fucking god!! The concert was beyond amazing!! I still can't believe that I was breathing the same air as Madonna (haha!) The show started 2 hours late! I was in section 116 row 5, I thought I would be further away but I was practically behind the last floor sections, and my row was the first row of the section! Before the show started I actually spotted two of Madonna's dancers going down a tunnel, one was the French guy with the curly long hair and I didn't really recognize the other one. By about 8:45 the stadium was packed, and people were getting impatient and did the wave and then began making a lot of noise, so by 9:30 she finally took the stage.

When the lights went down and the whole Candy Shop sequence began I could feel my heart thumping so fucking hard... it was such a bad ass intro, it can really go unappreciated by those who haven't actually been to the show. When she came out on her throne there was a huge roar from he crowd!! I honestly thought the crowd wouldn't be that great but I felt that right away Madonna felt our response and she was smiling a lot and was in such a good mood. I'm probably not making much sense right now haha, I can't even think straight because of how great the concert was.

My personal favorites were: Candy Shop, Beat Goes On, Vogue ( I was waiting to see that performance live!),Into The Groove, She's Not Me, Heartbeat, You Must Love Me (once she sang the first words to it, I could hear people all around me go "Aaaawww"... it got a great response!), La Isla Bonita (my friend that was with me was amazed by this performance she said it was so amazing), Like a Prayer (everybody was up dancing and singing! It's such a powerful performance). Also I know a lot of people bitch and moan about Ray of Light,but I felt that it was so awesome, I was jumping up and down so much throughout the whole song that my left leg started cramping, but I was like fuck it, I have to keep dancing and jumping specially for Give it 2 Me which was the perfect closer.

As people already mentioned, the request song was Secret... OMG she practically sang most of the song, I was like one of the few people in my section that knew every single lyric, there was a group of guys behind me that knew it too. She was soo funny during the request section, she told people to not stop jumping specially those in the front row because they all sure need some exercise >:) and then she also told us to keep clapping so that we could work on the flab of our arms!! (something like that). When she was asking for the 'oldie but goodie' she said that if we didn't do well singing the request song that she would just stop.. but like I said she sang most of the song although she did forget a little part in the middle. That moment was soo cute because she made this little 'oops I fucked up' face and instead of trying to keep singing just pointed the mic to the audience haha. After that she went to Monte and told the audience that he was from Texas and that thanks to him she learned to play the guitar, it was such a cool moment because people were cheering loudly and Monte made a motion with his hands which made the audience roar even louder.

I seriously haven't yet recovered from my Madonna experience, everything was happening so fast and I was trying to take it in but I was overwhelmed by her energy! I'm not like a long time Madonna fan, I just began being a Madonna loon this year hehe, and this has capitalized my fanaticism for her. I went with two of my best friends, one has always liked Madonna, but the other would always get annoyed when I would talk about her (betch!) anyway, she can't stop gushing about the show. She kept texting me and telling me how awesome the show is and how she was loving it :D

Guest jamesshot

Just got in from the post-concert party. Will post more tomorrow but highlights.

The place was PACKED. The stadium was beyond sold out. The crowd was loud too.

Though my Section, C, was kinda lame Section D and E were better.

She did tell us we were "amazing" her exact words. She said she doesn't come to Houston often but "if we played our cards right she would be back." Then later on she did say "I have never been here before" we were all like "Come again?" but I think she was joking- God I hope she was joking.

Her voice was dodgy- good in some spots, not so good in others. She did lip a few songs most notably GI2M. She messed up during YMLM and winced very visibly. Then she nailed the last part. I screamed my head off during that song. Any Youtube clips from close up should be able to hear my voice loud and clear. I know she heard me. At the end, she was looking my way for a long time( as the set came down around her) as I was screaming my head off. Did she look at me? Dunno but I like to delude myself into thinking she did.

She seemed to like the crowd towards the later half of the show. We were loud. She did give alot of shout outs to Houston and Texas. She did not cuss much at all.

Anyway, its almost 5am here. More later today!

My camera wasn't working well :( So much for the 10.2 megapixels. Anyway here are some pictures from my section, the pictures are a bit blurry, I would see the stage much better in person than how it's seen in the pics

003.jpg

036.jpg

042.jpg

054.jpg

Guest jamesshot

Oh BTW my seats were AMAZING. I could see her eye color!

She looks stunning. She is a bit thin. But nowhere near as muscular as most pics make her out to be. She is very lean. Her face is incredibly flawless upclose.

She seemed very impressed with the turnout. She kept looking around, smiling at the crowd. Everyone I talked to agreed she seemed very pleased with Houston. The sold out crowd I am sure didn't hurt. The stadium was massive looking at it from the field. I would say she had b/w 43,000-46,000 there. Maybe more because they had us jammed in like sardines on the floor. I could barely move without knocking someone's head.

Lesbi is SOOOOOOOO sweet and nice. He bought me the Lithograph! How sweet is that. Love him. Just the sweetest guy. His friends were awesome too. He was so nervous. I also met Mirwais72. Sweet, great guy!

Ditaluver was nowhere to be found. I got a text from Paupower asking "When is this bitch going to finally take the stage". but I didn't get to meet him.

So DITALUVER, JE5U5, we need to meet up this week

Oh and it was cold as hell! More tomorrow.

Guest vermicious knid

Could you guys on the floor level see when the SUV's drove in behind the stage barriers? Everybody got excited when they knew she had arrived on the scene.

The techno "Like a Prayer" seemed like a highlight of the evening based on audience craziness. From where I was on the 100's level, you could see the whole place jumping.

I liked the remixed version of "Give It to Me". Was it from the single?

When I got to my seat, the guy in front of me he squealed "Welcome to the party!!!" and then he extended both arms with hands downturned for us to have the gayest greeting ever. I took hold of them briefly. It was strange.

Guest Pud Whacker
:lmao::lmao: @ "You guys look like you could use some exercise!"

:lol:

i love how she says shes never been to houston before. shes just in her little bubble. she was there for BA!!! we know more about her life than she does. is she wearing darker lipstick? :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
YAY, SECRET!

I like knowing she hasn't forgotten Bedtime Stories.

Unfortunately she thinks it only had 2 songs: "Secret" & "Human Nature"... :(

i love how she says shes never been to houston before. shes just in her little bubble. she was there for BA!!! we know more about her life than she does. is she wearing darker lipstick? :thumbsup:

:lol: and that was also professionally recorded. but...you know...it was last century...so...:p

Most probably she forgot that, I bet she can't even remember the BA. Just like her lyrics and her good old songs-

Guest boytoyville

^ According to wikipedia 40,950 as of 2000 but it might end up being a little more or less when takling into account blocked viewing vs extra feild seating. Basically though a sold out crowd of 40,000 attended.