NEW YORK CITY - October 12 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

reQuiem4adream

I'll be there, I can't wait! :vogue: I'm ready to scream, jump, pump my fists in the air more than I ever have. This will be her best and most warmly received MSG show of all time! :headbang::tigger: :agnetha: :callme:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Based on the reports I'm reading at Tribe, there wasn't anything really different about the show tonight. ILNY was the request as already mentioned, and I guess she asked some people sitting down if they were friends of Sarah Palin. Then she did the whole Sarah Palin's husband's snowmobile thing again during Hung Up. No special guests tonight though.

just got home...

she was in a great mood and i thought the crowd was great and she definitely gave it her all. she said something like "4 shows in NYC really kicks the shit out of you"

someone asked for i love new york and at first she said she already did that but i guess she didn't like any of the other suggestions so thats what we got

she handed the mic over to kelly ripa during give it 2 me, lindsay lohan & samantha ronson, marc jacobs, and chelsey clinton were in the crowd

she was amazing as usual, no matter what anyone says...

sorry the post isn't that exciting, i'm pretty worn out

Fuckin hell. Just got home. I lost my voice again after the show so that should tell you how much I was singing everydamn song as loud as I could. It was a fun ass tour. It went by so fucking fast though!!!! It was over in the blink of an eye.

And come on. LAP! Nothing could prepare me for how awesome it was seeing that live. The place exploded. I was only 4 rows back from the catwalk so my view was perfect. It was cool seeing Lindsey Lohan with her gf, Kelly Rippa and Chelsea Clinton.

Poor Madiva looked all depressed cause no one was paying attention to him. :lol:

It was WONDERFUL. MUCH livelier crowd than that NJ show I saw a week ago (though I did enjoy that show a lot too). My sista and I had seats in the 3rd row front floor 2nite, but because the guy in the front row was in a wheelchair, he had a big space set aside for him. We were able to move up in there right and be against the frontrow barrier. We'd go so CRAZY everytime Madonna came by our side and had plenty of room to dance, dance, dance. I pretty much gave up taking pics soon after the show started because it was too fucking rambunctious there (ultimately not a bad thing), and I wanted to dance too. I almost touched Madonna's hand but the guy next to me got to hold her hand instead. I was so close but no cigar! :grr: BUT I sang into Madonna's mike during Into The Groove and Give It To Me!!! :shock: It was so SCARY and exciting when she looked down at me and shoved the mike in my face! Right after those brief moments I was tearing up in awe and disbelief! :dramatic::shy: lol, I swear next tour I'm bringing my abuela in a wheelchair so we can be upfront.

She's Not Me, Vogue, Like A Prayer, Give It 2 Me, Miles Away, Into The Groove, La Isla Bonita, You Must Love Me, Devil are my favorite performances of this tour. She's Not Me is probably my favorite of all. She looks so fucking hot and fierce on the platform in the beginning of Vogue, and the sheer joy on her face while jump-roping during ITG is so cute! LAP is so grand and I don't want it to end. I don't mind her guitar playing during Hung Up, and think it's kinda hot towards the end and when she's moving on to GI2M. The crowd was great! They were especially on FIRE during Vogue, ITG, LAP, ROL, GI2M! And they very into Miles Away too. My voice is hoarser now than a chain-smoking granny tranny from singing and screaming for 2 hours! Of the 4 tours I've seen in person, I liked Confessions a bit more, but I liked this more than the DWT and RIT. This tour is enjoyable. Ignore the negative hype from the SHADOWS watching crappy youtube clips at home. This show is off the chain! Go see it!

zombie, great seeing you! :brenspin: You were a bit frantic before the show but those nerves were completely gone once the show came on! :headbang:

Madonna was fantastic again and so was the crowd, but I wasn't. This was my 5th straight show and I'm so exhausted. I lost my voice so couldn't really do much singing, legs are tired so couldn't do much jumping. Danced a lot but I must admit I had to take a breather during the ballads and interludes. I don't know how Madonna does it. We sometimes really take for granted the preparation and effort she puts out there night after night. I was further up tonight in Section 202 cuz I was with 4 friends who were seeing Madonna for the first time and didn't want to spend that much money. They like her, know her biggest hits but that's about it. Well, they were blown away and are talking about going to Philadelphia to see the show again. They gushed, gushed and gushed. I have to say the crowd in the upper tiers are great. Hardly anyone sat down and everyone around me was singing and dancing. I'm a bit sad Madonna's finished her NY stint. I won't be in town for her Atlantic City and Philly shows so this was my last show. But I'm grateful for spending 5 unforgettable nights with Her Madgesty. Thank you Madonna. :bow::bow::bow:

But seriously, who the fuck is madiva?????

A drag queen who dresses up like Madonna and goes to every show.He's been doing this for years.I remember seeing him at the Drowned World Tour.

:clap::clap::clap: WOW, WOW, AND A BIG FRIGGIN' WOWWWWW!!!! That's what I have to say after witnessing Madonna last night at MSG! I truly was impressed this go around (as I was with COADF). One thing that immediately struck me and I think it was said here before, was how the "dancers" really took a back-seat to the BIG M. This show was all about her, her and MORE her. Her voice was in top-notch form and her energy level was bloody fantastic!

The sound system was great too, much less muffled than on the COAF tour. Also, the set seemed a lot smaller to me than previous shows, which was kind of nice. It really felt like one of M's shows from years ago, somewhere between Who's That Girl and Blonde Ambition with a little of the Virgin Tour excitement thrown in for good measure. Ok, like anyone cares, here are the highlights to me:

The songs, the songs, THE SONGS, what a GREAT setlist:

Candy Shop - perfect way to open, set the stage so to speak

Beat Goes On - my all-time favorite "new" Madonna classic, has all of the right elements to me, her voice was sooo strong on this one, hello MADONNA the SINGER!

Vogue - How cool was this, great [4 Minutes] remix, awesome dance moves

Into The Groove - This to me was an assault on ALL of the senses, visually stunning, vocally top-notch, cool old-school vibe, but new sound overall.

Heartbeat - The BEST part was the hard-rock ending, friggin awesome, how come no one told be about that, that really took me by surprise, where the heck is the demo of that!!!

Borderline - Loved it, still would have preferred the original arrangement but nice to hear this song and the sing-a-long factor that went with it.

She's Not Me - My favorite part was the look-a-likes, so cool!

Music - great arrangement, kind of tired of this one though by now.

Devil Wouldn't Recognise You - Vocally really nice, love the 3-D screen concept and then the cloak and dagger effect into the Gypsy outfit, visually stunning too!

Spanish Lesson - Not nearly as bad as I expected, actually quite good and a fun departure...loved the whold Spanish Guitar stuff and the dancing.

Miles Away - I would have preferred her doing this song MINUS the guitar, I feel like her vocals always suffer whenever she plays and it's such a lovely sing-a-long song, another "new" Madonna classic to me!

La Isla Bonita - Great arrangement, wish she would re-record it, I liked the whold Gypsy stuff, gets the crowd totally romping!

Like A Prayer - THE BEST MOMENT IN THE SHOW BY FAR, I WANT THIS MASH UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give It To Me - So-so arrangement, would have preferred PUMPED UP original, the melody kind of got lost but GREAT WAY TO END THE SHOW.

That's all folks....

the "dancers" really took a back-seat to the BIG M.

You just hit the nail on the head. Thats the exact conclusion I drew after seeing it. I loved Confessions no doubt but for most of it you felt like Madonna was showcasing her dancers more then herself. Not so here. It really is all about Madonna, and she is right there dancing her ass off with her dancers instead of walking around them. And there is not one lull in the whole fucking show. During Confessions I can recall like half of the freakin floor disapearing to go to the bathroom or grab some food during certain songs. It seems like no one dared leave and miss a second for this show.

I still cant believe how freakin fast it went.

And I loved when there were those four or 5 people sitting down and Madonna caught them and called them out and said "YOU'RE NOT FUCKING REPUBLICANS ARE YOU!!?"

And I just read that Rodger Friedman article and as usual he has no idea what the fuck he is talking about.

Guest Pud Whacker
:clap::clap::clap: WOW, WOW, AND A BIG FRIGGIN' WOWWWWW!!!! That's what I have to say after witnessing Madonna last night at MSG! I truly was impressed this go around (as I was with COADF). One thing that immediately struck me and I think it was said here before, was how the "dancers" really took a back-seat to the BIG M. This show was all about her, her and MORE her. Her voice was in top-notch form and her energy level was bloody fantastic!

The sound system was great too, much less muffled than on the COAF tour. Also, the set seemed a lot smaller to me than previous shows, which was kind of nice. It really felt like one of M's shows from years ago, somewhere between Who's That Girl and Blonde Ambition with a little of the Virgin Tour excitement thrown in for good measure. Ok, like anyone cares, here are the highlights to me:

The songs, the songs, THE SONGS, what a GREAT setlist:

Candy Shop - perfect way to open, set the stage so to speak

Beat Goes On - my all-time favorite "new" Madonna classic, has all of the right elements to me, her voice was sooo strong on this one, hello MADONNA the SINGER!

Vogue - How cool was this, great [4 Minutes] remix, awesome dance moves

Into The Groove - This to me was an assault on ALL of the senses, visually stunning, vocally top-notch, cool old-school vibe, but new sound overall.

Heartbeat - The BEST part was the hard-rock ending, friggin awesome, how come no one told be about that, that really took me by surprise, where the heck is the demo of that!!!

Borderline - Loved it, still would have preferred the original arrangement but nice to hear this song and the sing-a-long factor that went with it.

She's Not Me - My favorite part was the look-a-likes, so cool!

Music - great arrangement, kind of tired of this one though by now.

Devil Wouldn't Recognise You - Vocally really nice, love the 3-D screen concept and then the cloak and dagger effect into the Gypsy outfit, visually stunning too!

Spanish Lesson - Not nearly as bad as I expected, actually quite good and a fun departure...loved the whold Spanish Guitar stuff and the dancing.

Miles Away - I would have preferred her doing this song MINUS the guitar, I feel like her vocals always suffer whenever she plays and it's such a lovely sing-a-long song, another "new" Madonna classic to me!

La Isla Bonita - Great arrangement, wish she would re-record it, I liked the whold Gypsy stuff, gets the crowd totally romping!

Like A Prayer - THE BEST MOMENT IN THE SHOW BY FAR, I WANT THIS MASH UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give It To Me - So-so arrangement, would have preferred PUMPED UP original, the melody kind of got lost but GREAT WAY TO END THE SHOW.

That's all folks....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

so glad you loved it!!! and hec, loved your review, too. :dramatic:

You just hit the nail on the head. Thats the exact conclusion I drew after seeing it. I loved Confessions no doubt but for most of it you felt like Madonna was showcasing her dancers more then herself. Not so here. It really is all about Madonna, and she is right there dancing her ass off with her dancers instead of walking around them. And there is not one lull in the whole fucking show. During Confessions I can recall like half of the freakin floor disapearing to go to the bathroom or grab some food during certain songs. It seems like no one dared leave and miss a second for this show.

I still cant believe how freakin fast it went.

And I loved when there were those four or 5 people sitting down and Madonna caught them and called them out and said "YOU'RE NOT FUCKING REPUBLICANS ARE YOU!!?"

And I just read that Rodger Friedman article and as usual he has no idea what the fuck he is talking about.

How right you are, especially about the Roger Friedman fool, so sick of him slamming Madonna's singing voice, I guess when they can't find anything else negative to say (because they are in awe of everything else) they take pot-shots at her voice which is so boring to hear again and again after all of these years!

I saw Madiva on Saturday too she was outside and she was wearing the outfit for Heartbeat ( i guess that's the same as the ITG outfit.

Anyway I walked right past her, she was taking photos with people, she gave me a 'you wanna take a pic with me look' she had a smile, and i just looked at her like she was like one of those hotdog/grill stands you find on every corner in Manhattan.