NEW YORK CITY - October 6 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

ADUSTIO

You with the glasses! You look tired, are you bored?

The Sticky & Sweet Tour has hit the ground running in the USA and fan reports are very positive - here are a selection of reports from the first night in Madison Square Garden - to read the full reviews visit the Fan Reviews section.

From DJ Danny Echi:

She made my night tonight by giving us the 'fuck you finger' right after performing 4 Minutes. On the side of the stage while she was getting her hair touched up and drinking water a few fans called her (as she got touched up of course we snapped photos). She turned to a group of us and gave us the finger. It was a classic brilliant Madonna moment.

From J:

Madonna even stopped to chat by saying how much she loves NYC, and that its great to be home. She never breaks from the script in her shows but tonight she did. The concert was one non-stop dance from start to finish.

But what was great was the part where she said she takes 'requests.' We have read about 'Like A Virgin' and 'Express Yourself.' Tonight, she turned to someone in the front row who shouted 'Lucky Star.' With that Madonna turned to the band for an 'Oh Shit!' moment because as she said to the audience 'You have to help me out because I don't remember the words!' All of MSG erupted into the song and it was back and forth between the arena and Madonna. You could tell she was having fun laughing and smiling through the song.

From Sean Mac:

During the request section she points out to this old guy with the glasses and she asked him, 'You with the glasses! You look tired, are you bored?' As soon the camera points at him, he looking around and tries to tell his daughter that Madonna was talking to her, but Madonna says, 'No, I'm talking to you!'

Then she goes, 'What the fuck? I worked my ass off and you paid good money to see me.' Then the guy starts laughing, including me and everybody else. Then she points the row and the left side of the stage and says, 'Why are you sitting down? This is not a Barbara Streisand show!' And the people felt embarrassed and got up!

From Steve:

'You Must Love Me' was a show-stopper, although 'Vogue,' 'Like A Prayer,' and 'Music' also clearly wowed the crowd. Madonna voiced her opinion on Sarah Palin's chances for being invited to one of her shows (i.e., no chance) and chose 'Lucky Star' as the request for the evening.

While the structure of Sticky & Sweet is similar to Confessions, the show is entirely different - her ability to reveal the many aspects of her persona continues to astonish me. I am always filled with joy to watch her, and tonight was no exception -- really a very strong show from a very strong performer!

Sticky & Sweet Tour: New York City Fan Pictures - Part 1

Madonna hit New York City last night for the first of four dates in Madison Square Garden - madonnalicious reader Rob sent in these great pictures from the show.

Please keep submitting all your fan pictures and reports to madonnalicious@gmail.com

newyorkcity_061008_rob1news.jpg

newyorkcity_061008_rob2news.jpg

newyorkcity_061008_rob3news.jpg

newyorkcity_061008_rob4news.jpg

newyorkcity_061008_rob5news.jpg

newyorkcity_061008_rob6news.jpg

• 2 weeks later...