NEW YORK CITY - October 6 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

ADUSTIO

Guest Pud Whacker
was the audience really old? and what time did she come on?

i wasnt checking ID's but if you mean overweight and low energy - yes - but im 38 and have the energy of a 17 year old. :tongue:

Does anyone know that went what section that catwalk comes out into?

ny5001a.gif

from the seating chart above i'd say the catwalk came out to section 2 & 3 (maybe 6 & 7 i'm not sure but the catwalk is not that long)

Guest boytoyville

^ Someone made a detailed map on another madonna forum which you can see at drownedmadonna.com The catwalk goes to the ends of sec 2 & 3.

the crowd wasn't that old EVERYBODY Was jumping and standing the whole time. OMG That show is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved when she spoke about Palin lol.

The entire show is glorious

Highlights for me

LIKE A FUCKING PRAYER :inlove::inlove::shock::inlove::bow::bow:

GIVE IT 2 ME :dramatic::wow:

La isla BONITA :dramatic::wow:

INTO THE GROOVEEEEE :inlove::inlove::shock::inlove::bow::bow:

YOU MUST LOVE ME - SHE NAILED this one and it was so cute when she smiled :wow:

BEAT FUCKING GOES ONNNNNNNNNN AND ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :wow:

OMG I had an orgasm :bow:

Just getting back from New York!

had a great time but let me do a quick review. let me also say that my opinions are just my preferance, i'm notsaying they are FACT

I thought the show was really good and great fun, but i preferred Confessions and the re-invention tour to this one. i would put this 3rd. The sections of the show that worked were great, but the parts that missed, i felt missed badly.

I kept wondering if this would have been the show we would have gotten had she not been forced into touring so fast once that live nation deal came into play. It didnt have a feel to it, like that she put a lot of work or preparation into it.

but someone said on here before (maybe holidayguy?) that even madonnas more lackluster shows are much better than another artists very best show.

ok, from the beginning. Sure took a long time to start, the latest start of any of hers i had been to since a DW show in DC that started well after 10pm...i dont mind the lateness but i got tired of the complaining around me...some lady behind me kept saying the time out loud "ITS 9:07...THIS IS JUST RUDE AND MEAN" (exact words! LOL) that lady was too much!

i even sent thebigham a text around 915 saying "good lord, is it EVER gonna start"

at least the place was PACKED by the time she started. Except for section 92...what was up with that? the whole entire section was empty? Why would section 92 be held back?

ok, on to the show. The opening was good. Didnt blow my socks of like Re-invention with the beast within or Confessions video/disco ball but it was good enough. I'm one of the few that really enjoys Candy SHop so i didnt mind it. my friend said (he hadnt watched any of the spoilers or youtube things, he's not THAT big a fan) he thought she was gonna be shot down a pinball shoot or something like that instead of just sitting in a chair. LOL..i said its not a chair...its a THRONE! LOL.

the first section of the show was really good...Vogue was hot, but i could sense some confusion near me, some people couldnt understand that mash up, some where thinking it was 4 minutes and then when vogue started, they seemed hesitant to react cause no one knew what song it really was.

the next segment was ok. the old school stuff. Awful outfits though.

i really enjoyed the spanish stuff and the couple posters who already commented on how good Spanish lesson was...they were exactly right...i fucking LOVED it. That was the funny thing with this show, the songs i didnt normally like much, were great...like Borderline was fantastic, and Spanish lesson was great. The songs i love, like Like a prayer, were too much (to me) I prefer Like a prayer the way she did it at Re-invention, a little more easy going, not so blown out. it was too much last night. even the blonde ambition style was better

I did enjoy she's not me and the little mix of a dj saved my life. that was cool

and the video for Get Stupid...EXCELLENT. just as good as the Sorry re-mix last time.

Hung up wasnt as bad as i had feared but wasnt very good either. Its such a classic the way it is, i would have loved it to have stayed the same. I mean that song (to me...once again) was all about the sample, and to take that away was weird. That said, the crowd didnt seem to mind at all as they were tripping last night. It wasnt as electric as Confessions where my hair on my neck was literally standing on end...or during Like a prayer at the Re-invention show were it was so loud, i almost cried because it was magical.

all in all i would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10. Confessions got a 10 from me. Its always hard to follow a WOW! show like Confessions was. It was bound to be a let-down for me but i still enjoyed it and she did work her ass off. I geuss because i loved the confessions cd so much more than Hard Candy (which i like, but not as much)...i would prefer a show built around that cd.

the clothes were pretty bad towards the end too...the shoulder pad thing for 4 minutes was hideous. and all the helmets and furturistic stuff was too much.

on a different note, on the way out, i noticed someone dropped a ticket stub and i saw it and picked it up to keep for myself and it was really different from mine, i got mine from ticketmaster and its a light green/white ticket...this one was a light purple, but i noticed how much more this ticket was...364 vs mine for 354.

i thought 354 was top dollar at MSG? i think this ticket was purchased at MSG box office? Are the purple ones bought in person? also...what is the FC on the ticket? mine for ticketmaster says 4.50 but the MSG one says 14.50

is that a facility charge or something? Wow, hefty price for buying in person.

Don't have much time...

show was amazing!! Youtube clips are utterly worthless compared to being there.

I'm not sure I liked it better than Confessions (my fav M tour) I have to let it sink in....

my friend who's a casual fan that I always have come with me said she really wants to see it again, said she never felt like seeing a Madonna show twice. My other friends loved it but they are big fans.

I did notice a number of older (40-50s) people there, as someone else mentioned. Don't know what that was about. The audience was good but I've seen better at Madonna shows. Someone also mentioned the random empty section. I noticed that, and saw it empty (same section) on one of the Confessions tours. It seemed to fill up once the show started. Maybe it's for press, or people with ticket screwups..?

Madonna's energy is really stunning, you feel like you are watching a 20 year old the whole time.

My favorite performances were LAP, DWRY and GI2M

Where production slows down with Hung Up is probably the only negative... that, and the "OK" opening. I don't think the show feels or looks rushed, but the merch was pretty crappy this tour (except for the tour book). But that's good, the less I buy the better.

8 or 9 out of 10 compared to other Madonna tours. 10 compared to anyone elses tours.

Your post said everything i tried to say!

I was the one who mentioned the random empty section. So it did fill up? I never looked over there again.

You were right too that she's had better crowd energy at past shows...especially the 2 shows i saw of Confessions last time. It was pure electricity at those shows. Dont get me wrong, they were great last night, but its been better

i also feel the same as you, where i give it a 7-8 out of 10...cause confessions was my fave too.

My only disagreement with you was i did feel like it looked and felt rushed. to me it was kinda all over the place. Maybe its a good thing that its not so mechanical as she's been before. it seemed kinda sloppy. Some of the dancers routines and stuff didnt seem very impressive.

Madonna NYC 10/6 Palin Speech + Lucky Star

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

YOU YOU SIR WITH THE GLASSES YOU LOOK BORED

SHES NOT INVITED TO THIS SHOW

SARAH PALIN HAS TO GO

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING BARBRA STREISAND SHOW

I LOVE this woman

YOU YOU SIR WITH THE GLASSES YOU LOOK BORED

SHES NOT INVITED TO THIS SHOW

SARAH PALIN HAS TO GO

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING BARBRA STREISAND SHOW

I LOVE this woman

AND STOP THE WINKING. YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You were right too that she's had better crowd energy at past shows...especially the 2 shows i saw of Confessions last time. It was pure electricity at those shows. Dont get me wrong, they were great last night, but its been better

I remember on RIT and the CT the crowds at the very first MSG show were (relatively) tamer and the crowds were much rowdier at the later MSG shows. I remember at the last few CT shows at MSG I would feel the floor shaking at times because the crowd was jumping and stomping on the ground so much. :wow:

I remember on RIT and the CT the crowds at the very first MSG show were (relatively) tamer and the crowds were much rowdier at the later MSG shows. I remember at the last few CT shows at MSG that you could feel the floor shaking at times because the crowd was jumping and stomping on the ground so much. :wow:

I agree. It was the case with DWT, Reinvention and CT. Maybe because there are a lot of "see and be seen" types on the first night. Plus as I mentioned previously, the crowd last night was older than the typical Madonna crowd and lots of couples. It was a good crowd but I know New York can do better and IT WILL.

Madonna NYC 10/6 Palin Speech + Lucky Star

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

you SEE WE WERE CLAPPING the Whole time and she loves US :inlove::wow::wow::wow: everyone around me were very loud, it was very energetic :bow: I loved it.

I remember on RIT and the CT the crowds at the very first MSG show were (relatively) tamer and the crowds were much rowdier at the later MSG shows. I remember at the last few CT shows at MSG I would feel the floor shaking at times because the crowd was jumping and stomping on the ground so much. :wow:

i went to the later Confessions shows at MSG...I dont have my tix stub right here, but i believe it was Sunday July 2 and Monday the 3rd? i went to 2 nights back to back and they were right before the 4th of july

those were the later shows werent they? she had so many at MSG for that tour i cant remember, and they were all broken up. i think she even had 2 more later in July?

The Re-invention show i saw was June 24 or 25th? i think it was a thursday.

we also did the mexican wave before the show :dramatic::inlove:

whats the mexican wave?

I did enjoy this show a lot, just like you, i just thought Confessions had more "WOW" moments, like the opening video, the disco ball, Music-Inferno, and the long drawn out HUNG UP that went on and on, LOVED it. And the ending was fantastic on that tour as well.

whats the mexican wave?

I did enjoy this show a lot, just like you, i just thought Confessions had more "WOW" moments, like the opening video, the disco ball, Music-Inferno, and the long drawn out HUNG UP that went on and on, LOVED it. And the ending was fantastic on that tour as well.

example of the Mexican wave

I don't know if someone recorded the one we did last night, and yeah confessions had amazing moments but the s&s setlist killed me :dramatic:

but the merch was pretty crappy this tour (except for the tour book). But that's good, the less I buy the better.

I agree here!

I bought 2 shirts...and got x-large cause i like my shirts oversized and these things fit me like i'm 7 months pregnant and i'm SKINNY! they are so tight i even looked at the tag to see if they were muscle fit or something cause these things are at least a medium.

awful material.

mothebest...

thanks for the clip! I just didnt realize the wave was mexican. yeah, we did do the wave last night!

Never saw one as good as this one though. Even the floor seats were in on it. Its hard to bring the floor in cause they dont know when to fit in

i know the first night was hard to get tiks, maybe the older crowd because companies gave those tiks out, and also people who work in music industry get them for free.

Hopefully the weekend crowd especially sunday will be fun.. i hope she does "i love new york" as a request at one show.