NEW YORK CITY - October 6 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

ADUSTIO

To those who say the tour looks and feels rushed: maybe? Maybe? It's the soul reason why Madonna is being so interactive with the audience?

I thought GS was the last time she had a heart during a tour!

First off the crowd was amazing, and the energy level was through the roof.

Not everyone is a loon though.

The opening with candy shop was great, but really pales against future lovers on the confessions tour. I'd put this opener 3rd after RIT. Her most dire opener is still the DWT.

As for the rest...

Beat goes on:

Human nature: I liked this performance more than I thought I would. The Brit footage was cool.

Vogue: OMG! this version is BRILLIANT! I absolutely LOVE this!

Into the groove: Again, I loved this, and wasn't expecting too.

Heartbeat: The crowd around me roared when she started singing this. I love this song, but felt theperformance was uninspired.

Borderline: Another brilliant reworking! Love love love this!

She's not me: This was inspired imo, and definitive highlight of the show. Loved it.

Music: The performance was good, and I loved how she mashed it up with "last night a dj saved my life", but it pales against the confessions performance.

The rain interlude video is amazingly beautiful. Those two japanese guys are fucking great at what they do, and their performance on stage totally complimented the imagery on the screens. The way Madonna apeared through a swirl of water at the end of the catwalk was just beautiful up close. Everything totally makes sense live, and her performance of Devil wouldn't recognize you was gorgeous.

Spanish lesson: This is the track I ALWAYS skip on HC, but I have to admit I really liked the live performance. It reminded me of another song I used to loathe until I saw her perform it live...Nobody knows me.

Miles away Always loved the song, and I love the performance.

La isla bonita/doli doli: Loved it at Live Earth. Loved it at MSG. You can tell this is one of the most joyous parts of the show for her.

You must love me: All the doubts about her vocal talent can be dismissed with this performance alone. She nailed it. I teared up.

4 minutes The logistics of the moving screens and the choreography were great, but she seems a little over this track.

Like a prayer f there was a truly transcendent moment of the show, this was it. On the surface it would seem sacrilage to mess with this track, but her reinvention of it was truly amazing. I am so in love with what she did. I don't have anymore words.

Ray of light: The rocked up version of this has never bothered me, so I liked this performance.

Hung up: THIS WAS GREAT! Way more inspired than the confessions version.

Give it 2 me: I thought this was a GREAT closer, and the new mix is HOT! My friend Isabel, who is not even a casual M fan loved it.

As far as the costumes go, I think she was going more in the direction of form/function, than high style. It's all about the 80's! I loved the thigh high socks,glasses,shorts, etc

The dress for the gypsy section is fab though :thumbsup:

The video for DAD is pure brilliance. Right up there with Future lovers :thumbsup:

I don't know yet if I think this tour tops confessions yet, but it's definetely one of her best and most joyous.

This tours does reflect more of who Madonna is, and where she came from as an artist than the confessions tour ever did. I think a lot of the disconnect many euros feel is because they don't understand 80's New York. I do believe many elemants will transfer so much better seen on dvd.

I also can't imagine seeing this show in a stadium, unless you were right by the stage.

As for the request section.....I think it's kind of a bust. I have no desire to hear loon audience requests at a Madonna concert. What's the point of her doing snippets with the audience singing along (badly)? Or maybe i'm just pissed she didn't sing Gambler, which I screamed out to no avail.

your review was really good.

Liked a lot of what you said. Also agree that this opener places behind Confessions and Re-invention.

I liked the DW opener (the only part of that show that i did like) but most of my friends hated it.

i didnt 'get' the whole La Isla Bonita thing. What song was she mixing it with? She'd sing a line from Bonita and then sing something i wasnt sure what she was saying. it was confusing. was that doli doli thing mixed in there or was that the part at the end where she was sitting there clapping while those other guys were playing the violins?

you realize too how few people know the spoilers or things on youtube because during human nature, everyone around me was buzzing about britney, so many people asking each other was it her or not? and then when she said at the very end "its britney bitch'...everyone in my section screamed (in a good way)

First off the crowd was amazing, and the energy level was through the roof.

The crowd was good last night but I've been to her shows at MSG where you can literally feel the floor moving. I have no doubt this weekend's crowd will be phenomenal.

This tours does reflect more of who Madonna is, and where she came from as an artist than the confessions tour ever did. I think a lot of the disconnect many euros feel is because they don't understand 80's New York. I do believe many elemants will transfer so much better seen on dvd

I agree with you on this one and I think that's why you can see she's really actually having fun on this tour.

Guest Danny86
i didnt 'get' the whole La Isla Bonita thing. What song was she mixing it with? She'd sing a line from Bonita and then sing something i wasnt sure what she was saying. it was confusing. was that doli doli thing mixed in there or was that the part at the end where she was sitting there clapping while those other guys were playing the violins?

The song mixed with "La Isla Bonita" is another gypsy folk song, "Lela Pala Tute", she did this on Live Earth last year. "Doli Doli" is when Madonna sits down with Paul, after "La Isla Bonita".

The song mixed with "La Isla Bonita" is another gypsy folk song, "Lela Pala Tute", she did this on Live Earth last year. "Doli Doli" is when Madonna sits down with Paul, after "La Isla Bonita".

ok. cool. thanks for the info.

didnt like it at all though.

did like what she was wearing.

can anyone who was there tell me about section 6??!?

where is it in relation to the catwalk?!

Section 6 is very very good section. I was in Section 7 last night and it was great. Sections 6 and 7 are right behind the POD section which is the section right in front of the catwalk. The POD section only had 3 or 4 rows, then there's a barrier and then Sections 6 & 7 begin. If you are in the first few rows of Section 6 then you will be close to the catwalk stage. And there are only 6 seats on each row of Sections 6 and 7 so it's not so crowded. And if you have an aisle seat, seat 1 or 6, you'll have a lot of room to dance and can move up a little when the guards are not watching.

Section 6 is very very good section. I was in Section 7 last night and it was great. Sections 6 and 7 are right behind the POD section which is the section right in front of the catwalk. The POD section only had 3 or 4 rows, then there's a barrier and then Sections 6 & 7 begin. If you are in the first few rows of Section 6 then you will be close to the catwalk stage. And there are only 6 seats on each row of Sections 6 and 7 so it's not so crowded. And if you have an aisle seat, seat 1 or 6, you'll have a lot of room to dance and can move up a little when the guards are not watching.

There's a POD section in NYC! :shock:

The show was AMAZING

i don't think it seemed rushed- probably just seemed so b/c it's less theatrical than Confessions or Drowned World. if any tour seemed rush or incohesive would be Re-Invention.

"Vogue", "Into The Groove", and "Like A Prayer" are out of control. All three blow Stuart's versions away. Best mixes of each song in my opinion.

her energy is endless- a woman behind me commented that she "can't be human" :lol:

from all the tours of the last decade, she definately was having the most fun last night and took it to another level when giving her all.

the new songs worked wonderfully next to the classics and i was very surprised by the huge reaction "Miles Away" got.

only minor problem for me was the performance of "4 Minutes"- lackluster and she seemed bored in it. maybe she was saving her energy for the spectacle of "Like A Prayer"....

everything else everyone has pretty much said already.

only misshap i saw was during the second verse of "Give It 2 Me", her bangs/hair piece got fucked up and she eventually just ripped it off.

now i just have to wait 5 days until i see her again :thumbsup:

"Vogue", "Into The Groove", and "Like A Prayer" are out of control. All three blow Stuart's versions away. Best mixes of each song in my opinion.

HEAR HEAR :clap:

example of the Mexican wave

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't know if someone recorded the one we did last night, and yeah confessions had amazing moments but the s&s setlist killed me :dramatic:

I thought the wave was stupid at first, but then the crowd got me to do it! LOL

Guest Little Red
From MSG tonight, look at the lame crowd, no one has their hand in the air. :lmao:

2wd69w6.jpg

Well, it's Human Nature, what do you expect? :demonic:

I was deleting messages from my mobile phone during that number. lol

Guest jamesshot
i went to the later Confessions shows at MSG...I dont have my tix stub right here, but i believe it was Sunday July 2 and Monday the 3rd? i went to 2 nights back to back and they were right before the 4th of july

those were the later shows werent they? she had so many at MSG for that tour i cant remember, and they were all broken up. i think she even had 2 more later in July?

The Re-invention show i saw was June 24 or 25th? i think it was a thursday.

You were there both times I was( June 24-RIT and July 2-CT). Awesome nights. The June 24 show is bootlegged.

is she having any problem because of this (and the get stupid video)? I mean, people booing her...

During some political stuff in re-invention (I think she gave a speech? pointed out Michael Moore?) I remember some boo-ing. This time, the video and whatever she said about Palin got 100% support from what I could hear. People even clapped at the shot of Michael Moore in her video.

On another note, I was thinking during the show as some have said here, that this probably wouldn't be as good at an arena.

I also want to say that I was watching her last night thinking how lucky I am that my favorite singer for the past 21 years is still going as strong or maybe stronger than ever. It really defys all logic and reason and I don't ever want to take it for granted!

People complain about her prices but I paid $99 (+ fees), still had a very good view, and I left feeling like that was more than what $99 should give you. My friend text me today that she's still not over it.

Guest jamesshot
I also want to say that I was watching her last night thinking how lucky I am that my favorite singer for the past 21 years is still going as strong or maybe stronger than ever. It really defys all logic and reason and I don't ever want to take it for granted!

People complain about her prices but I paid $99 (+ fees), still had a very good view, and I left feeling like that was more than what $99 should give you. My friend text me today that she's still not over it.

Many do take so much for granted when it comes to Madonna. We are spoiled rotten really.

Guest boytoyville

^ Yes us Madonna fans are very spoiled and it's unfortunate that many of her manys at times act like brats when they don't get exactly what they want from her.