EAST RUTHERFORD - October 4 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

Camacho

Guest Little Red
Would it be too painful to perform a classic version of her older hits? Just once?

I can see M's stomach turning at the mere thought of it. LOL. But it would be nice indeed.

National Ledger

Madonna Mania Hits the Northeast With a Sticky and Sweet Vengeance

By Dan Bristow

Oct 10, 2008

madonna_concert_002.jpg

Madonna Mania Hits the Northeast

The Material Girl, who originally skyrocketed to fame after moving to New York City and struggling as a music artist, has returned to her stomping grounds to bring the "Sticky and Sweet" tour to the largest media market on Earth. Madonna, the show business veteran whose body of work is so impressive, it would take pages and pages and pages to simply list her accomplishments, hit the Izod Center in New Jersey and tore the house down.

Part Vegas, part NYC nightclub, part house party, part big time legendary performer concert, the Madonna show was designed to showcase the ever-evolving performer's versatility, physical conditioning, music talents, and personality. "It was a great show!" raved Mark Hughes, a Madonna fan since the mid-80s, "I would rather see her in concert than anyone else in the world!"

Other concert goers concurred. Lisa Siemperve drove all the way from Athens, Georgia. "I've always wanted to see Madonna, so when my cousin called me and said she scored two 5th row seats, I knew it was time to ignore the gasoline prices and drive up North!"

The show was a smash hit. Madonna's legacy as a crowd pleaser lives on. Her rep for being outspoken is also intact, as she took the time to rip John McCain and endorse Barack Obama.

And the throngs held on her ever move, her every note, her every word. Because for this sold out crowd, this was like seeing The Beatles, or the final concert ever by the Stones, or Jim Morrison with the Doors. They didn't just go to a concert.

They got to see Madonna! Lots of photos from the show are here.