SEVILLE - September 16 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

promise to try

who ´s going to see her in Spain?

I saw the news this morning, and people are already camping outside to have a good place to see her.The shows are not sold out (but they expect to sell 60.000 tickets in Valencia), and los 40 principales, thye most important music radio in spain, was giving VIP tickets for free last saturday! :dramatic:

She definitely needs to leave a bit of a gap between this and the next tour - the general apathy with these shows not selling out has to be down to the over familiarity factor.

Agree!

I think this tour came way to early after CT.

With those ridiculous prices you just can't tour every second year, it's just too much.

I don't agree. the show was a sellout almost everywhere: Zurich, Rome, London, Lisbon and a virtual sellout everywhere else Nice, Frankfurt, Amsterdam. If Seville sells 45000 out of 50000 and Valencia sells 60000 out of 70000, I mean it semms like pretty good business to me :)

Rock on Madge!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
She definitely needs to leave a bit of a gap between this and the next tour - the general apathy with these shows not selling out has to be down to the over familiarity factor.

i really dont want to wait 5 years and 2 albums later to see madonna again live in 2013. i really dont. like every other band, musician, whatever, they have a new album and its gets taken on the road - THE NEW MATERIAL. the reason we dont have bedtime stories and ray of light properly live (singles and non) is because of this factor> i would have loved to have heard and seen sanctuary, love tried to welcome me, inside of me, bedtime story, take a bow, swim, skin, nothing really matters, shanti...LIVE, at THEIR moment. but the only reason was the child and the movies. both of which she managed to work out a schedule.

aside from the aforementioned, she always toured for each album. as it should be. :thumbsup:

there is no obligatory ticket buying when she announces a tour. if people are still hung up on the last, wait until the next time she tours on 2010/2011. :thumbsup:

i really dont want to wait 5 years and 2 albums later to see madonna again live in 2013. i really dont.

Me neither, and I said as much after CT but every two years is being to take its toll in terms of quality and making it less of an event so she should leave three years to come up with the goods.

there is no obligatory ticket buying when she announces a tour. if people are still hung up on the last, wait until the next time she tours on 2010/2011. :thumbsup:

It's not that I'm still hung up on the last tour, after RIT, I was eager and fully satisfied :horny: by CT - I was expecting the same from this one and she didn't deliver so obviously needs a *bit* more time. But hey ho, if she wants to tour every two years, I'll pass on the odd one, as some diehards are doing already.

Guest Pud Whacker
Me neither, and I said as much after CT but every two years is being to take its toll in terms of quality and making it less of an event so she should leave three years to come up with the goods.

It's not that I'm still hung up on the last tour, after RIT, I was eager and fully satisfied :horny: by CT - I was expecting the same from this one and she didn't deliver so obviously needs a *bit* more time. But hey ho, if she wants to tour every two years, I'll pass on the odd one, as some diehards are doing already.

:thumbsup:

yes and then maybe she could pull a BA/girlie and do different countries...so the complainers will really have something to complain about and the people who are not fortunate enough to see her, as often as we do, can. :thumbsup:

then THE REAL DIE HARDS, not these wannabes you speak of above, can travel to afghanistan and see her!!!! :rotfl:

yes and then maybe she could pull a BA/girlie and do different countries...so the complainers will really have something to complain about and the people who are not fortunate enough to see her, as often as we do, can. :thumbsup:

:lmao: - Australia

then THE REAL DIE HARDS, not these wannabes you speak of above, can travel to afghanistan and see her!!!! :rotfl:

Actually, it's good to see her somewhere different - I skipped the UK completely for CT - I might do the US for the next one.

Guest Pud Whacker
:lmao: - Australia

Actually, it's good to see her somewhere different - I skipped the UK completely for CT - I might do the US for the next one.

yes, i had a blast traveling for the last tour to europe. hopfully ill be seeing her in LA and SF, back east and miami this round. so that will be exciting, too!! :thumbsup:

p.s. per per australia.

That shit is crazy but spanish press are reporting that...

Madonna is staying in Seville these days at Emilio Muñoz's country house, Spanish bullfigther she worked with on "Take A Bow" and "You'll See" music videos. Madonna will stay in Seville till Thursday morning when she will fly to Valencia. :confused:

Personally, I don't believe it. I think that she is staying at Alfonso XIII(most luxurious Seville hotel).

You guys READ MY MOTHA' FUCKIN' MIND!!!

JAMIE KING NEEDS TO GET DROPPED....

why?!!!

well let's see just for the basic fact that he has used every MADONNA idea on everybody he works with so nothing is new nothing is fresh...or REAL ...or original...

need proof?........Celine Dion uses the EXACT screen idea from "Devil Wouldn't Recognize you"

in fact most of her tour uses MADONNA moments....

that is TREASON.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD.

She needs a new musical director too. There is a MARKED difference in sound quality between Stuart Price and whoever is the musical director for the S&S tour.

Hopefully whoever it is will tell her to put the bloody guitar down!

i really dont want to wait 5 years and 2 albums later to see madonna again live in 2013. i really dont. like every other band, musician, whatever, they have a new album and its gets taken on the road - THE NEW MATERIAL. the reason we dont have bedtime stories and ray of light properly live (singles and non) is because of this factor> i would have loved to have heard and seen sanctuary, love tried to welcome me, inside of me, bedtime story, take a bow, swim, skin, nothing really matters, shanti...LIVE, at THEIR moment. but the only reason was the child and the movies. both of which she managed to work out a schedule.

aside from the aforementioned, she always toured for each album. as it should be. :thumbsup:

I completely agree :thumbsup:

Seeing Madonna is always an event. The people who constantly complain about her "frequent touring", are the ones who see her 20 fucking times. :wacko: Most people see her once on these tours, and leave the show thrilled.

I remember the dark years between TGS and DWT, and have no desire to relive that.

Well, I have to say that Live Nation is pretty fucked in the head :confused: skipping Barcelona and Madrid(it's like touring in France and not doing Paris :manson: or touring in UK and not doing London :manson: ). So, no wonder that Seville and Valencia shows are not sold out.

10,000 Cheste Madonna gig tickets still available

By: thinkSPAIN , Tuesday, September 16, 2008

According to the organisers, one sixth of the 60,000 tickets for Madonna's concert at the Cheste race track outisde Valencia tomorrow night, remain unsold.

Priced at either €69 or €150 euros, the tickets can only be obtained on line at www.ticktackticket.com, at Fnac stores or at Cheste Town Hall.

There is no box office at the circuit.

Fans are reassured that a number of extra trains, metros and buses have been arranged to prevent the travel chaos that followed a concert by Héroes del Silencio (who sold 77,000 tickets) at the same venue last year.

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/15487...still-available

Press is raving about the gig! Apparently the Gypsy section brought the house down :D

El País:

Madonna convierte Sevilla en una 'rave' con casi 50.000 devotos.

Thanks to Madonna, Seville becomes a "rave" with almost 50.000 followers.

La 'Ambición Rubia' arrasa en su retorno a tierras españolas tras siete años.

The "Blonde Ambition" is unstoppable on her return to Spain after seven years.

Un espectáculo total e infalible.

A complete, can't-go-wrong show.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/09/17/c...1221604102.html

Telecinco:

Madonna revoluciona Sevilla

Madonna makes a revolution in Seville

http://www.telecinco.es/informativos/cultu...ra+Sticky+Sweet

EFE: <<< Spanish press agency, this note is now being published in a lot of Spanish-speaking online papers.

Sevilla enloquece con la Madonna "gitana"

Seville goes mad with the gypsy Madonna.

http://playball.eluniversal.com/2008/09/16...6A1992003.shtml

More:

La Verdad

Madonna conquista Sevilla

Madonna conquers Seville

No defraudó a los más de 40.000 seguidores.

She didn't disappoint the more than 40.000 of her followers.

http://www.laverdad.es/murcia/20080917/gen...a-20080917.html

Público

Cómo hacer vibrar un Estadio Olímpico a los 50

How to make a whole Olympic Stadium shake at 50

http://www.publico.es/culturas/151914/como...dio/olimpico/50

Guest FuckBuddy

the truth is, tour dates are not selling out throughout europe, and that's her biggest market. she decided to go on the road way too soon after the confessions triumph, and ticket prices haven't helped out, either. some loons forget that she's now bigger than life. at this point, madonna tours have nothing to do with promoting a studio album, cause they do nill for the album, no matter how successful they may be. and let's face it, this is her most underwhelming show in ages. yes, this tour may be a spectacle but it lacks the ingredient that made her shows unique. she's evolved to a performer that's just working hard to relive her past glories. and that's just sad cause u can tell she's just lacking good ideas at the moment. if only she was thinking of herself more of an artist than a cold hearted cash machine these days...

the truth is, tour dates are not selling out throughout europe, and that's her biggest market. she decided to go on the road way too soon after the confessions triumph, and ticket prices haven't helped out, either. some loons forget that she's now bigger than life. at this point, madonna tours have nothing to do with promoting a studio album, cause they do nill for the album, no matter how successful they may be. and let's face it, this is her most underwhelming show in ages. yes, this tour may be a spectacle but it lacks the ingredient that made her shows unique. she's evolved to a performer that's just working hard to relive her past glories. and that's just sad cause u can tell she's just lacking good ideas at the moment. if only she was thinking of herself more of an artist than a cold hearted cash machine these days...

:thumbsup:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I think she has fine ideas, it's just the execution that's piss poor. I mean a tour featuring a gangsta pimp section, a retro-80's section, a gypsy/Spanish section, and a future rave section could be fucking fantastic, that is if the creative director of the tour puts together all the right elements. Unfortunately Ms. Queen seems to be lacking an original thought in her head and it shows in the medicore and rehashed results.

Guest boytoyville

:clap:

Couldn't have said it better myself! She actually doesn't even tour that much in comparison to other major acts. The Rolling Stones, U2, and the like do multiple legs in the same markets for some tour doing 100+ shows and still tour a few years later. Lets not forget she is doing STADIUMS in Europe. It's not like she isn't not selling out arenas. Even during Re-Invention she "only" sold 62,000 out or 70,000 tix for Slane Castle. It's amazing she can sell out any stadiums with prices she is charging. It's amazing. Also I think it's nice she is doing some different places like Seville & Valencia this time. New markets mean new opptunities for new fans to see her. It's not like those who really want to see her aren't going to travel from Madrid & Barcelona to see her! I mean seriously it's like going from Minnesota to Il, not a big deal. Lastly I think it's funny how a lot of people wanted her to do a fun tour next time because her tours were "too serious", well now she is doing a fun tour & those same people are still complaining. Anyways, Sticky & Sweet is fantastic & I couldn't be happier with everything I have seen regarding the show so far. I am much more excited for this one than I was for Confessions!