Has the tour had a noticeable impact on HC album sales?

jonski43

No, album sales have continued to drop overall worldwide since the tour, the drops have been lower than previous, but its still been dropping. I doubt it will have any effect whatsoever anywhere.

Deluded people around here thought that a tour would be just as good promo as a major tv show.

I think Confessions proved that, although it was released at Christmas, it didnt get another 5 million sales because of that, Hung Up was slightly more successful than 4 Minutes (on a worldwide basis, not in individual countries). It was due to a well co-ordinated 'campaign' and it really worked, as opposed to the 3, frankly, abysmal promo gigs for Hard Candy.

Guest Madlover033003

I don't get why so many fans say touring rakes in more album sales?

I mean, it may for smaller acts who are charging 30 bucks a show or so but why do Madonna fans think her touring is a big promo for the album? Even the worst seats in the house go for like 80 bucks. I can't imagine someone whos not a fan paying that to see her and then miraculously buying the album.

Guest superman

Jeez, people of course not!! but the best answer is releasing the 3rd single. HC album needs 3rd single!!! i repeat HC album needs 3rd single!!!, then you will see the difference, BIG TIME!! ALBUM SALES!!

NOW, WHERE IS THE FUCKING 3RD SINGLE????????????????????

Who's got the last laugh now!?

Deluded people around here thought that a tour would be just as good promo as a major tv show. :lmao: ... as if!

Although being seen by thousands, a tour is still for an exclusive crowd and not the general public.

Uhm, the Confessions Tour brought COADF back into the UK Top 30 from the lower Top 75 and it raised that same album to #1 in Denmark after the Horsens show (from outside the Top 10). It's not impossible for a tour to have an substantial effect, it just hasn't done much this time around.

How is that deluded? :confused:

The CT also maintained COADF positionsfrom 100-130 - when the tour left USA the album dropped.

Im sure BAT gave LAP someextra sales.

I remember Jacksons tour in 1992 - Bad and thriller both were back in the top 50.

Im sure theres more examples to backyou up out there.

Uhm, the Confessions Tour brought COADF back into the UK Top 30 from the lower Top 75 and it raised that same album to #1 in Denmark after the Horsens show (from outside the Top 10). It's not impossible for a tour to have an substantial effect, it just hasn't done much this time around.

How is that deluded? :confused:

Guest superman

wait for the 3rd and 4rth single, the album will sky rocketing high!! trust me!!

CODF album completed releasing the singles. While HC standing still

Once people heard the next singles and became no.1 or Top 10 of course non-madonna people start buying the album and /or downloading the songs like crazy!!!

NOW WHERE IS THE FUCKING NEXT SINGLE??

Edited by superman

Guest superman

take example RIHANNA, i'd never liked her or not a fan of her but when i heard her first single like S.O.S im not paying attention then follows by Umbrella still not my type until when she release her 3rd single PLEASE, DONT STOP THE MUSIC, i was like oh my gosh,!! i loved the song, got me interested and bought the album GOOD GIRL GONE BAD, you see how such a big impact releasing good singles and received attention by many.

No, album sales have continued to drop overall worldwide since the tour, the drops have been lower than previous, but its still been dropping. I doubt it will have any effect whatsoever anywhere.

I disagree with the last bit...i think in South America the tour is going to affect the album's performance in a big way ,just like TGS did back in 1993.

I think it can have some effect. The confessions tour helped sales. It brought back the album to the charts. It is not having a similar effect now cause people are not into this album as much. I espect a big increase in Spain and Greece as it hasnt [performed there in many years, although those countries arent big in terms of sales.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

The tour actually had a big impact on album sales as it climbed up on almost all countries where she was.

In Portugal the album was out of the TOP 30 and got back up 3 weeks ago... it's now at #16 and tomorrow they will be publish the chart from the week before the concert...

Was back in the TOP 20 or TOP 10 of sales in some other coutries...

If it was not for the Tour the album was not speding a 18th week inside European TOP 10. This is actually pretty good and the album is fairing very well in Europe.

The main way to get album sales up is to get the songs onto adverts and tv shows now. Moby proved that with his Play album. The album wasn't doing great and then he allowed the songs to be used in ads and sales went through the roof.

Miles Away has done the same in Japan being used on a TV show's credits. The audience need to continually hear something to get the hook.

The tour should stimulate sales as most of the people attending are casual fans who want to see a show and mainly the old songs. So, it is a chance to showcase the new ones. On paper, the fact that you are showing news songs to a new audience should have a positive effect.

It used to in the 80s but that was when Madonna touring was a new thing. However, I have heard that itunes has killed album sales as you can now buy individual songs so nobody has to buy the fillers.

I imagine in SA and other such places where she hasn't toured for donkeys it may have some impact. Usually the only people who's sales benefit from touring are new bands that are just starting out. A superstar who has been around for 25 years really dont need to rely on touring to bring in the sales.

The tour actually had a big impact on album sales as it climbed up on almost all countries where she was.

In Portugal the album was out of the TOP 30 and got back up 3 weeks ago... it's now at #16 and tomorrow they will be publish the chart from the week before the concert...

Big impact? Well, let's take a look at the numbers...

UK (post-Cardiff): #31 (-3)

Germany (post-Berlin and Dusseldorf): #23 (no movement from previous week)

France (post-Nice): #24 (+1)

Switzerland: #7 (+2)

Netherlands: #8 (+3)

Italy: #5 (+3)

:confused:

Oh cmon now...i'm with Nightshade on this one.

sman, you don't know all that much about the charts, do ya? :) Or, maybe youwere taking the piss with your comments.

Ain't no album sales gonna be skyrocketing if there's any more singles from HC.

It's possible sales may stabilize in a territory when the tour hits that area.

Guest superman

It may not be skyrocketing but the sales would be more successful. But things like this, very slow releasing singles. Of course it affects the sales.

True the album did rise slightly in some minor countries which amount for virtually nothing in terms of worldwide sales. Overall the album has continued to shed sales week on week since the tour began, I guess it all depends how you look at it.

Guest superman
True the album did rise slightly in some minor countries which amount for virtually nothing in terms of worldwide sales. Overall the album has continued to shed sales week on week since the tour began, I guess it all depends how you look at it.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% cute guy!!!

Continuing to climb in Portugal... this is still only the impact before the concert... up to #11 on the Portuguese charts, so climbing for the 4th consecutive week... hopefully it will be TOP 10 next week ;)

And I agree with you... The MOTHERFUCKERS from her record company should release "The Beat Goes On" as a single ASAP to not cool down... especially after all TVs only showing this song and "Candy Shop".