The ALL IMPORTANT QUEEN BITCH VERDICT

Queen Bitch

I can see what you're saying about the Monroe thing. Although I think most people who see the show have seen the Material Girl video surely.

I'm not suggesting people don't realise it's referring to the MG video but the platinum blonde wig makes it look like Marilyn, not Madonna.

Guest Little Red
I also don't know what all the fuss was about with the Tube - we got back to Harrow on the Hill, no problem - I was even pissed off that I hadn't booked a hotel in Central London for the Thursday night and saved myself the INDIGNANCE of having to stay at the Quality Hotel as it was the only one I could get.

Oh how was it? I used to live round the corner and once thought of putting my father up at that hotel but decided against it cause he's rather picky.

I'm not exactly disappointed and wouldn't have missed it for the world but in response to her have you done your homework question, I'd suggest she does hers because next time Madonna - MUST DO BETTER.

:asian:

Guest bluejean
I'm not suggesting people don't realise it's referring to the MG video but the platinum blonde wig makes it look like Marilyn, not Madonna.

Its true, it IS a Marilyn look. Kylie did it too once :lol:

Disregarding the bad experience I had, overall, I think it is a good concert but not ground breaking or original.

I never liked Drowned World as an opener - I think you start a concert with a stomper not a ballad. Erotica also lacked a punch so Candy Store was better (although I saw little of it from my seat)

Human Nature was a let down. The video was just Britney trapped in a lift on CCTV. It made no poignant comment.

Borderline was good but she should have made it more of a sing song and got the audience involved.

Vogue was great - a real highlight

Into The Groove and Music also lacked a real punch considering they are both iconic hits. WTG and BA performance were superior

Rain - truly pointless as it wasn't her song and seemed to be just plonked randomly in the show

Heartbeat - can't even remember it really

She's Not Me - sorry but the 'old looks' thing is 10 years old. She should have had Britney, Kylie, Xtina and Mariah as a cheeky piss take. I am fed up with her trying to say she is still current and rejecting her old looks.

Spanish Lesson - could have been remixed with something else to liven it up

Miles Away - just like the audience's attention ;)

La Isla Bonita - I can forgive her for repeating this performance as it is good

You Must Love Me - great vocals and another highlight showing she can sing

Get Stupid - embarrassing cliched images of politicians and all that is wrong with the world

Like A Prayer - Stunning - the last highlight of the show that got the crowd finally standing up

4M, Hung Up, Ray of Light - all of these just seemed like recycled performances which would have been ok 15 years ago but now that you can see everything on youtube, it's just lazy.

GI2M - a good choice to end of but lacked a real final punch but I did live before it finished to get the tube - which turned out to be a very good idea.

Overall, a good show in comparison to a lot of artists but she recycled so many ideas the originality was very poor. Choreography was the usual you see on any one-hit wonder dance pop hit which she needs to drop. Good pop fun but if she is going to knock out three more tours she is going to have to seriously find some new creative directors or even get brother involved again as we had seen most of this before in various incarnations.

Indeed - there's loads of her *own* iconic images for her to choose from.

Speaking of the cowgirl look - what is it with these fat girls and rubbish gheys who are *still* wearing fluffy cowboy hats to Madonna shows. Is it just a UK thing? I can't say I noticed any at CT.

They were even selling those hats on the official merchandise stalls at Cardiff. :confused:

Let’s face it, absolutely no one in the audience would have seen the ‘Material Girl’ outfit and thought, ‘why has she got Marilyn Monroe with those three other looks?’. Everyone knows it. The fact that it was a Monroe homage doesn’t change that one bit.

Let’s face it, absolutely no one in the audience would have seen the ‘Material Girl’ outfit and thought, ‘why has she got Marilyn Monroe with those three other looks?’. Everyone knows it. The fact that it was a Monroe homage doesn’t change that one bit.

I did, so you're WRONG :demonic:

Great review.

I was kinda hesitant that this being the 1st tour i am gonna attend twice would let me feeling like meh after the 1st attending.......let's see what happens.

I did, so you're WRONG :demonic:

I must admit, that was the one outfit I thought was a wrong choice too but then she always tries and disassociates herself from that look even though it is still the most appropriate one for her even today!

She loves that 'cold hard cash' :thumbsup:

M is getting lazy.

How embarassing that the real openingnumber was broadcasted already on television....

The graphics are VERY cheap

The costumes look like small variations of each other...all black, showing of her cunt.

There's no SOUL or STORY to the show. i guess it's more M-dolla then M the artist we are seeing.

M is getting lazy.

How embarassing that the real openingnumber was broadcasted already on television....

The graphics are VERY cheap

The costumes look like small variations of each other...all black, showing of her cunt.

There's no SOUL or STORY to the show. i guess it's more M-dolla then M the artist we are seeing.

The poor production and artistic integrity of this show is certainly showing. You don't have to go to the show to know that. I never saw Drowned World Tour live, only on DVD, and that remains my favorite show of hers ever. I saw Confessions Tour Live, and while it still isn't as good as DWT in my opinion, I still thought it was a great show. I've seen all the performances of S&S and heard the studio versions. As a consumer, I wouldn't want to spend $10 to see the show much less $350. I made my decision to go see the Confessions Tour after video of it had leaked onto Youtube and I thought it looked like a great show. So I paid $350 to see her in Atlantic City when tickets went on sale. Would I ever do the same for S&S? Absolutely not.

As far as being "grateful" that she is still touring, that's just a cop out from radical fans who need an excuse for this sloppy show. I would be more happy if she took time off to gather ideas and come back out with something spectacular. I know she's 50, and time is not really on her side for that matter, but I'd honestly rather her take a break until she is 60 and come out with something really awesome. It's obvious that this every 2 year thing has drained her ideas and hasn't given her enough time to come up with something fresh. That's pretty obvious from the whole so called "reinvention" of this era. To me it honestly looks like a ghettoish version of the whole Confessions look. She basically took the leotard look and added some street to it. This whole era has come off tacky and not artistic at all. I loved the Confessions era, but I honestly think she couldn't think of anything else after that era and decided to just continue to use it with a more ghetto version.

The only performances that stand out on S&S is "Vogue", "Like A Prayer", and "You Must Love Me." Everything else is pretty much dull and boring and has none of Madonna's edge to it. It will be interesting to hear the reviews when she gets to the states.

The most intelligent thing I've probably read. Some loons as always will disagree. That's life. :thumbsup:

I was at the Maidstone gig and the Wembley gig, and the Wembley opener was infinitely better done. The opening video was very clever and the screen separating with the candy ball rolling down it actually made my friend gasp in amazement. From then on in it was much like the Maidstone version of course, but it's not as if she hasn't re-used performances before.

Guest bluejean

A large amount of the people on here haven't seen the show yet. So I don't think it's a matter of agreeing.

But it's good to hear some constructive critism rather than people who haven't even seen the show just whining about Ray of light.

Guest Pud Whacker
The most intelligent thing I've probably read. Some loons as always will disagree. That's life. :thumbsup:

youll LOON on this one the way you LOON on RIT because youre seeing it LIVE. :thumbsup:

in private, of course, because youve been exposed. :rotfl: