LONDON - September 11 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Dr Lecter

Just got back. It was pretty packed out. I would say 98% sold out. Some blocks were completely empty but on closer look these would have had their views blocked by light rigging etc. My seat was in block 526 and I had a good view of the stage but the sound was abysmal. There was an echo effect and rebound. The volume was very quiet and people all around me were moaning. But when I went to the loo half way through the sound from the lower blocks sounded great. So my 'cheap' seat was a poor choice - not for restricted view but for restricted sound. But the presentation and song selection worked well. The audience below me clearly lapped it up. But then they could hear it.

Just got back to hotel

Best show over Cardiff

Crowd was great

Absolutley packed audience

No, did not rain, even madonna made a comment on that

She fucked up a few lines

I've got HD recordings of vogue, DAD video, get stupid video

And 'she's not me' (got busted by security though!!)

Was golden circle, right of catwalk at barrier

Sound was quieter though

Possibly cos no roof!

Paul okenfold supported and was ok, crowd

Around made him tolerable

She was very talkative

Sung express yourself again

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Apparently she tripped up on the steps during Music and dropped her mic! :dramatic:

And yet her voice continued singing the song from what I've been reading. :chuckle:

Fucking amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Looked completely sold out to me - there was one or two empty blocks which had obviously been sectioned off and weren't for the punters. The crowd around me was great and went MENTAL for 'Borderline', 'Vogue', 'Into The Groove', 'Music', and the entire final section. 'Give It 2 Me' got everyone going which surprised me. She really seemed relaxed as well, made a couple of jokes. Did the 'taking requests and singing 'Express Yourself' thing but she only sang the first couple of lines then let everyone else sing the rest aside from the odd intervention - an incredible experience to hear 80,000 (or however many it was) people all singing as one. I didn't see her trip up and drop the mike on 'Music', I don't think it happened but if it did she recovered very quickly. She did fluff the second chorus on 'Like A Prayer' and joked that she couldn't remember the lines of many of her songs.

So what? If i was on a stadium in front of 70 000 ppl i would faint in the first second, plus she dances, changes costumes,her show is almost 2 h and she's 50. To ask her to sing live on all her 60 shows is plain stupid

Just got a text from my friend Paul in England. He said it was the best concert he has ever been to. His girlfriend was nearly trampled during GI2M, which apparantly brought down the house tonight at Wembley.

Yup, EVERYONE was dancing and singing along to 'Give It 2 Me'. It really was astounding.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Just got back. It was pretty packed out. I would say 98% sold out. Some blocks were completely empty but on closer look these would have had their views blocked by light rigging etc. My seat was in block 526 and I had a good view of the stage but the sound was abysmal. There was an echo effect and rebound. The volume was very quiet and people all around me were moaning. But when I went to the loo half way through the sound from the lower blocks sounded great. So my 'cheap' seat was a poor choice - not for restricted view but for restricted sound. But the presentation and song selection worked well. The audience below me clearly lapped it up. But then they could hear it.

Someone else on Tribe who was seated in one of the lower priced seats was also complaining about the awful sound in those areas. He got so fed up that he walked out during the show.

Guest Little Red
So what? If i was on a stadium in front of 70 000 ppl i would faint in the first second, plus she dances, changes costumes,her show is almost 2 h and she's 50. To ask her to sing live on all her 60 shows is plain stupid

no need to get all defensive. we're just reporting facts from the show. mess-ups are part of it.

Just to confirm, she did drop the mic during Music, it kinda rolled around a bit but she grabbed it quickly.

I enjoyed this one much much more than Cardiff. It's still a far cry from her other tours but enjoyable it is, including some fantastic moments. She seemed in a good mood, was talking a bit, thanked God and his friends for not letting it rain on her show. Crowd response to LAP was the biggest of the night IMO (I was near the catwalk), also LIB and Vogue were crowd pleasers. Oh and ROL had everyone jumping again. I would have thought Londoners couldn't be arsed... but they moved their booty more than the Cardiff crowd.

A lot of people from the Tribe forum had printed out GAMBLER request sheets, A4 paper. Loads of people in front held them up during ROL, it was quite funny. At request time M commented that she doesn't remember the words to "that song" and proceeded with the usual EY. Oh welllll.

no need to get all defensive. we're just reporting facts from the show. mess-ups are part of it.

Just to confirm, she did drop the mic during Music, it kinda rolled around a bit but she grabbed it quickly.

I enjoyed this one much much more than Cardiff. It's still a far cry from her other tours but enjoyable it is, including some fantastic moments. She seemed in a good mood, was talking a bit, thanked God and his friends for not letting it rain on her show. Crowd response to LAP was the biggest of the night IMO (I was near the catwalk), also LIB and Vogue were crowd pleasers. Oh and ROL had everyone jumping again. I would have thought Londoners couldn't be arsed... but they moved their booty more than the Cardiff crowd.

A lot of people from the Tribe forum had printed out GAMBLER request sheets, A4 paper. Loads of people in front held them up during ROL, it was quite funny. At request time M commented that she doesn't remember the words to "that song" and proceeded with the usual EY. Oh welllll.

My friend just texted me and he also loved the Wembley show much much more than Cardiff. He had a change of heart about the show and really loves it now and if he can find tickets, will come to the NY shows. He said he saw Penelope Cruz, Trudie Styler & Guy Ritchie.

shittest concert ever. Shittest venue.

Appalling sound. I didn't even realise there was a support as it was so quiet. Utter fucking shit. She has fleeced thousands of people with substandard production.

Fucking disgraceful.

Guest boytoyville

^ First of all you didn't need to make a seperate posts. Sometimes bad sound happens at concerts & that doesn't mean her production is substandard. It's probably her biggest most grande show & many people including myself think it's fantastic. You just had a bad experience & now you are being a psycho!

^ First of all you didn't need to make a seperate posts. Sometimes bad sound happens at concerts & that doesn't mean her production is substandard. It's probably her biggest most grande show & many people including myself think it's fantastic. You just had a bad experience & now you are being a psycho!

I've every right to be psycho. I got totally ripped off and I'll bloody make a separate post as it dealing with a specific problem. I want to get some info to complain.

The production was substandard. The staff back it up saying there have never been other problems with other concerts.

Guest boytoyville

What info do you need to complain? Go to the livenation website & send it in the comments & questions section. It's not hard. The sound was amazing at Zurich which held over 72,000 people,Rome over 60,000 & at the Berlin Olympic stadium etc...^ the production aspect was grand,spectacular & sounded fantastic so quit being an ass because YOU had a bad eperience. I had been reading lots of postive reviews on other Madonna forums of the Wembely show so apparently you sat in a shitty section. It happens. Move on & get over it.

I think that's a really clever idea. People should do that at more of the shows, a different song every time, except they should choose a song that Madonna would obviously know the words to.

For starters, someone should get her to sing "Holiday" somewhere before the tour ends.

Guest Little Red
LOL. Of course she doesn't remember the words to Gambler, what were they thinnking?

the lyrics had been passed on to her days ago. she just couldn't be bothered with changing her routine.