ZURICH - August 30 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Andra

the EY request thing is rehearsed just like the "i cant hear you ... do you wanna hear some mooore?" she always does at her shows

its nos spontaneous GET REAL :lol:

Guest boytoyville

From Andifeel @ Icon

ZURICH

Wow. The whole country was in Madonna mania mode. Everywhere in beautiful Zurich had free transport on the day, it ran like magucal clockwork, with the friendly people of Zurich seemingly so proud that Madonna had come to their city. The city itself is clean and stunning, and even the day before the show many many newspapers had Madonna on the cover! There really was a buzz. On the way to the venue we saw many road signs and transportation signs that had been printed especially for Madonna (GC79 has put one up on me with it!). It was like a Knebworth type festival - tens of thousands of people streaming towards the gates, we walked in the and the area was VAST!!!

They were handing out special 42 page colour programmes of the day with the running order and articles of Madonna and Robyn on (Sorry guys please dont PM all the copies I could get have been allocated). THOUSANDS of people spread out on the grass in the beautiful Zurich sunshine picnicing, listening to Madonna music, it was a real sight to behold.

We made our way into the Gold Circle and watched as the Swiss Red Arrows (this isnt their proper name..) did an amazing display. Even the security guards looked proud of the event! Then Robyn came on and did her "short" set i.e. the same one as Nice, to an OK reception.

As it got darker, thousands more people started flooding into the arena. In the pictures I sent to GC79 already you can barely see the back of the arena and the mega-high seating stands, it really was THAT big. Sadly, as with many mega-gigs ive been to that have been open air (Oasis at Knebworth, various people at Hyde Park) the enormity of the gig combined with many people having a restricted view / being so far away meant you never heard the crowd roar like in a Stadium. I imagine it will be similar criticisms to what people have said about Horsens on Confessions.

At 9.20pm Madonna came on as usual and luckily throughout the show we had no technical difficulties this time! The crowd around me in the Gold Circle simply stood in awe and watched Candy Shop, Beat Goes On - not a soul was singing it. Not even Vogue got the crowd going.

Into the Groove and finally some life - im not the only one clapping finally!! Borderline got an equally good reaction, and

Music got a so-so reaction too. The Spanish section really quietened the crowd down, big cheer at the start of 4 Minutes and it wasnt until Like a Prayer and Ray of Light that the crowd actually started jumping and dancing.

Altogether a very strange show. Madonna was clearly frustrated with the crowd in similar ways to how I remember her during DWT at Earls Court. "There's a lot of people out there and it doesnt sound like it" for example. I guess the combination of the venue being so huge, so many people having been stood in the heat all day and not many people knowing the new songs meant the atmosphere came nowhere close to any of the other shows ive seen so far in Cardiff, Nice or Berlin.

The Swiss organisation continued to be impeccable as thousands of people descended upon the train station, and despite the volume of humanity we were back at our hotel within an hour! Wow!

The papers the next day confirmed 74,000 people attended the show and it was the biggest concert ever in Switzerland, and also referred to the lack of hysteria and atmosphere at the show.

Certainly a special show to have attended, and looking back from the Gold Circle across over 70,000 people was a breathtaking sight. Especially when the lasers where beaming into space (imagine Star Wars going light speed!!) and when everyone was jumping and clapping finally to Ray of Light and Like a Prayer it looked out of this world.

So, we're now in Amsterdam (indoors again!) and ready for show number 5, a brief respite at home and then off to Rome

maybe she finally fires Jamie Queer after that LOL

anyway, what does she expect? HC is not her best album ever and hardly a soul out of her hardcore fanbase knows any of the songs

people want to hear her classics and most of them are 80s or even 90s hits, she doesnt have enough 00s classics yet to fill a 2 hour show so no wonder about this reaction. maybe for the next album she comes with new classics and by the next tour people will sing along

The HC stuff got a great reaction in Nice.You can't really pretend a GH tour yet.She never did it btw, even RIT WASN'T a gh tour.

The Zurich audience was just lame, period.

RIT was basically a Greatest Hits tour, or at least as close as we are prob gonna get to one...

Guest Little Red

There's a lot of you out there - but it doesn't sound like it!!

Are you tired? Do you wanna go home?!

Do you wanna hear some more?

I don't believe you. What do you wanna hear?

I don't read lips in the dark, baby.

Are you my No. 1 fan? Yeah you, motherfucker.

- EXPRESS YOURSELF -

Thank you, good night. You've been a great crowd. :rotfl:

- HUNG UP -

Do I hear an ounce of sarcasm? :demonic:

There's a lot of you out there - but it doesn't sound like it!!

Are you tired? Do you wanna go home?!

Do you wanna hear some more?

I don't believe you. What do you wanna hear?

I don't read lips in the dark, baby.

Are you my No. 1 fan? Yeah you, motherfucker.

- EXPRESS YOURSELF -

Thank you, good night. You've been a great crowd. :rotfl:

- HUNG UP -

Do I hear an ounce of sarcasm? :demonic:

:lmao::lmao:

Guest Little Red