"Rain" Interlude S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Johnkm

I have to admit watching it when I was in cardiff, I did find it too obscure for words, but when I went to paris and saw it again, it seemed much better, audio wise, I really like it though, its a good interlude, but nothing on Get Stupid :dramatic:

haven't seen the show live yet, but the only issue that i may have with the interludes is that they don't really tie in to the section preceding or following save for get stupid befor 4 minutes...on it's own the rain interlude looks fab tho, can't wait to see it live.

Haven't seen it live yet, but it looks to be an interesting interlude. I'm glad she found a use for "Rain" somewhere in the show, however I would prefer more of the Madonna lyrics and less of the Annie Lennox vocal. I love the Eurythmics' hit, but Madonna is usually better at making someone else's inspiration her own (like "Music Inferno") - the "Rain" mash-up just doesn't pull that off as well.

Guest Danny86
haven't seen the show live yet, but the only issue that i may have with the interludes is that they don't really tie in to the section preceding or following save for get stupid befor 4 minutes...on it's own the rain interlude looks fab tho, can't wait to see it live.

It's nothing new, basically the only video that tied in a segment on a tour was "Paradise". Videos like "WIFLFAG", "Bedtime Story" or "Sorry" were the same as "Die Another Day" or "Rain"...

I have to say the graphics with the fairy look like something out of a Britney Spears show.

Yeah, I agree.

As far as the track goes I was hoping that Rain would be featured predominantly, with bits and pieces of Here Comes The Rain Again (Madonna on vocals though).

Guest Stevie

I love it! It's one of the best parts of the show... Along with her performance of The Devil inside the ufo like screens.

Edited by Stevie

I didn't like the graphics and was prolly the most random interlude she ever did. It just didn't really fit (not for me). I would have much rather see an interlude of her 'Rain' with perhaps Madonna imagery not some weird 3-d cartoon; reminded me of Love Profusion to be honest.

LOL

Guest Drowned Bedtime

Though I've not been to a S+S show, nor am I going, I don't see any reason why they used Eurythmics song over her own song "about" rain.

Guest Madximo

I think it was just paying homage to Eurythmics... which I really like. I like this kind of cross-references between huge and true artists like Madonna and Eurythmics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
There's already a thread for "Rain":

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=21701

I'm not sure if they used any Japanese songs, they sampled "Here Comes The Rain Again" by the Eurythmics.

ok...and why is there no asking about that backscreen video wich is so strange and beautiful? is it online somewhere???? i wish to download it...

my first, and enduring, reaction to this interlude was/is: WTF????? why am i sitting in a madonna concert, watching a spice girls video and listening to a eurythmics song? ....and i was soooooo excited about hearing 'rain' going into the concert!

my first, and enduring, reaction to this interlude was/is: WTF????? why am i sitting in a madonna concert, watching a spice girls video and listening to a eurythmics song? ....and i was soooooo excited about hearing 'rain' going into the concert!

me too...then i waited the song to finish and to be back in a madonna concert

why people don t let madonna to be also something else then jumping jack flash all the time...we had vogue....we had some hard guitar moments...why she must always do some crazy staff...she can be also a slow ballad singer....she can play a song and do nothing...like on devil....relax people....enjoy....

rain interlude was a small storry....small remix....beautifull video...with no madonna on it....why not?