"Into The Groove" S&S Tour Discussion

Guest Hafo

Guest Pud Whacker
It's probably one of her best musical reworkings EVER. And the performance left me speechless!

i agree. for a second i was thinking what is her best into the groove? and the virgin one was everything because it was a hit at the time - and with a tambourine. then ciao was AMAZING. BA was cool, i guess. and a big :thumbsdown: to RIT. uck.

i cant wait to see this one. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
yes it is! Vogue/4 Minutes is her best Vogue performance eva IMO!

yeah, its pretty cool, from what ive seen - again - CANT WAIT TO SEE IT ALL LIVE!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
It's very very good, but not the best at all...IMO.

Nothing beats the HUGE RIT opening.

RIT vogue was amazing. :thumbsup:

this one, is, too - this one seems seedier, has more of a club vogue vibe about it.

with WTG you have the "what will it beeeeeeeee eeeeeeee eeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeee yeah uh huuuh"

with BA you have the "groove me....uh oh...you've got to groove boy...groove me.....ain't nobody better...ain't nobody better baby" part

with this one you have the Jump bit and the Keith Haring colorfulness

i loved the stick dancing in the RIT but hated the lyrics and the missy mess

Vogue isn't.Sorry. :dramatic:

Vogue is something to discuss

RIT had this amazing opening with her classical Vogue pose and i absolutely love, but if you think about it wasnt something really new

for SS Vogue is a huge re-invention as for her coreography voice and sound it looks edgier and creative very different to anything she has ever done before

so, high score for SS :thumbsup:

Vogue is something to discuss

RIT had this amazing opening with her classical Vogue pose and i absolutely love, but if you think about it wasnt something really new

for SS Vogue is a huge re-invention as for her coreography voice and sound it looks edgier and creative very different to anything she has ever done before

so, high score for SS :thumbsup:

I agree, but still... :vanitybonet:

Guest Johnkm

This is the best performance of Into The Groove imo, the one on RIT was just God awful, the intro, missy coming and slaughtering it...it just stank

I liked RIT ITG- could have done without the Gap-commercial lyrics, but it was fine.

RIT Vogue was not the same choreography as past Vogue performances (they've all been different)- was still vogueing, but tinkered.

Guest bluejean

ITG on RIT was terrible. The kilt, the sticks, Missy, the WRONG words ugh.

This new version is spectacular, almost as good as the original.

i agree. for a second i was thinking what is her best into the groove? and the virgin one was everything because it was a hit at the time - and with a tambourine. then ciao was AMAZING. BA was cool, i guess. and a big :thumbsdown: to RIT. uck.

i cant wait to see this one. :thumbsup:

Ciao Italia, IMO is and ALWAYS will be the BEST performance of Into The Groove--now Take Me To The Bridge!

I really really like ITG from RIT(i blast that song from the IGTTYAS cd)! and the new S&S version is really cool esp the intro, but thats just muscially speaking. as far as the performace i cant rate that one, since im restraining myself from watching some of her performances so i can actually be surprised.

I like the Cassius mashup but the RIT version and performance was one of the highlights from the tour IMO. The bagpipes i loved cause she managed to make them work. The dancing was spot on and the sticks was another element that heightened the performance and i actually liked the kilt and black shirt ensemble she wore during that tour.

Who knows maybe when i actually see the new ITG in person im sure it could easily trump the RIT version, cause the jump rope aspect IMO is way cool..........we'll see.

• 5 weeks later...