"Like a Prayer" S&S Tour Discussion

MadFan

Guest Pud Whacker
How about one for the BEST performance on the tour? :thumbsup::wow:

INSANE!!! i was saying in another thread how i really cant wait to see this live. it may rival BA!!!!

How about one for the BEST performance on the tour? :thumbsup::wow:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: H-O-L-Y!!!! This sounds DYNAMITE! I always felt this song should be a "showcase" song for her because it truly is a classic song, especially with the background vocals and just the whole time in her career, it really is somewhat of a "centerpiece" and should be performed as such.

From the looks of this clip it appears she has given this the performance it truly deserves!

Okay. I fucking cheated and looked at one more performance! LOL. I am SO weak!

Buy my GOD! Epic is all I can say. Freakin amazing as all hell! And the song she mixed it with I hear on Sirius all the time. I had no idea who sings it but I found that its Meck-Like Home.

One of the most chilling inducing performances of her career! I cant imagine what its going to be like live!!!! Madonna does it again. :dramatic:

Buy my GOD! Epic is all I can say. Freakin amazing as all hell! And the song she mixed it with I hear on Sirius all the time. I had no idea who sings it but I found that its Meck-Like Home.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

One of the most chilling inducing performances of her career! I cant imagine what its going to be like live!!!! Madonna does it again. :dramatic:

Meck with Dino Lenny - Feels like home

Yuo can also listen the new one from Meck + Dino Lenny - So strong ( with samples Hold that sucker down by OT quartet aka Rollo & sister bliss aka Faithless )

I've already posted this along with the mp3 of the Meck song.

Have one of the leaked MP3s in repeat since 2 hours ago. Still have chills down my arms. This has to be one of the highlights of her 00's concerts, musically and performance-wise! Her voice is absolutely amazing :D

ESTHER YOU BETTER RELEASE THIS VERSION SOMEHOW SOON ALRIGHT KISSES

Guest Pud Whacker

here, i ripped it for us:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/17756464d09ed680/

OMG Im so excited about this one :D

didnt like the RIT version of LAP.

I wasn't crazy about the RIT version either, although I can see how others enjoyed the sort of understated treatment it received. For me though LAP deserves a big, GRAND performance with lots of things going on and from the looks of it that's what we are getting this time! :thumbsup:

Cannot wait to see this one in the flesh!!

i would have loved it if she sang some of the parts that the background sample sings....sounds so awesome!

i love the little hop dance she does with the dancers....so fresh

Guest Little Red

Every party needs a pooper and I'm gonna say that I thought LAP stinks. That early 90s techno treatment... Not really interested. :tongue:

Give me the RIT or BAT versions any time.

:bruised:

^ BAT version was the BOMB!!! It was kind of dark and haunting. Everyhthing about that perfomance was just purfect.

Oh yeah!! At this point, having not seen the S&S version live yet...just the crappy youtube clips (WHICH I'm very thankful for btw!! lol) I can say the BA version is my favorite. Especially following LAV and starting with "God" as she's sort of writhing off the bed!! :dramatic: And yes I love how dark and haunting the whole performance is. That whole section of that show just gives me an eerie vibe, always has. And that's a good thing!

For those who have seen LAP on S&S live, would you call it "dark and haunting" or is it a bit "lighter"??

I love my LAP with a dark vibe, which is why I don't think the RIT did it for me personally. It was just too "gung-ho" for me. "This is the no sitting down song." lol....with her bopping across the stage happily.

Oh yeah!! At this point, having not seen the S&S version live yet...just the crappy youtube clips (WHICH I'm very thankful for btw!! lol) I can say the BA version is my favorite. Especially following LAV and starting with "God" as she's sort of writhing off the bed!! :dramatic: And yes I love how dark and haunting the whole performance is. That whole section of that show just gives me an eerie vibe, always has. And that's a good thing!

For those who have seen LAP on S&S live, would you call it "dark and haunting" or is it a bit "lighter"??

I love my LAP with a dark vibe, which is why I don't think the RIT did it for me personally. It was just too "gung-ho" for me. "This is the no sitting down song." lol....with her bopping across the stage happily.

It's very dark and haunting.You can't stand still, but it's not a fun moment.It's very dramatic.I love it.

Guest Little Red

IMO it sounded like a gay disco remix, drowned out by that other song sample. nothing dark or haunting. A soulless version of its former self.

But judging by the general opinion and the ecstatic people around me at the show I'm the odd one out if there ever was one. lol. Glad everyone is enjoying it.