NBC undecided about M crucifixion. LTT cut out?

Camacho

lighthousemike:

09/23/06 2:00am est

NBC Officially confirms to MADONNAdownload.com they decided to cut the song "Live To Tell" featuring Madonna on the cross from the singer's first Primetime Network special of her career.

The Notional Broadcasting Network will isew a statement shortly explaining their decision.

An insider tells MASONNAdownload NBC was bombarded with letters e mails petitions and even a request from Macy's to drop the show fearing their Thanksgiving Day parade due to air a few days after the Madonna special will be ban and even their chain stores will feel the Christan group's harsh decision to act against NBC and their partners.

The decision was forced way higher then the NBC executives all the way up to the General Electric board.

The show WILL air this November with limited commercial interruption.

:americanlife:

lighthousemike:

09/23/06 2:00am est

NBC Officially confirms to MADONNAdownload.com they decided to cut the song "Live To Tell" featuring Madonna on the cross from the singer's first Primetime Network special of her career.

The Notional Broadcasting Network will isew a statement shortly explaining their decision.

An insider tells MASONNAdownload NBC was bombarded with letters e mails petitions and even a request from Macy's to drop the show fearing their Thanksgiving Day parade due to air a few days after the Madonna special will be ban and even their chain stores will feel the Christan group's harsh decision to act against NBC and their partners.

The decision was forced way higher then the NBC executives all the way up to the General Electric board.

The show WILL air this November with limited commercial interruption.

:americanlife:

:lmao: spellcheck anyone?

And christians wonder why people my age and younger are turning from religion at a massive rate. These people look like morons causing a stink about NOTHING!!! Its more disrespectful to Christ by using the cross on shirts/jewlery/bumper stickers/key chains and tattoos. All of which people profit from.

Guest jamesshot

It is 99% of the fundamentalists who are objecting. Why are us moderate/liberal Christians letting them speak for all Christians? Not all Christians object to this. The last quotes from Matthew are being overlooked.

These Christians righties judge before seeing the scene. They are bearing false witness against Madonna and that is against the 10 Commandments.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I will not watch this if they decide to air it without LTT.

And I will lose a bit of respect for Madonna if she doesn't pull the show altogether if they try to censor it. If she is true to the principles we have known her for over the years then she would not let this go forward without that performance.

Guest Bad Robot

I don't mean to be contrary but frankly I don't really care if LTT is cut -- it was one of the more boring performances. Yes, she's on that cross, but... she's just on a cross for awhile, it's not very exciting.

It's pretty silly that they'd cut it but whatever.

Madonna is probably kicking herself for going forth with this contract now, because if it had been any different, I'm sure she would have pulled out and stopped the show from airing. But since the contract looks to be more rigid this time, she'll probably have to swallow her pride and let the concert go without the performance. Oh well at least she tried.

You know what....Let Live to Tell be cut. Sure it will suck not to see it, but hopefully Forbidden Love will be kept in. Let these fundie christians get a taste of Madonna promoting gay love in front of the cross!!! It seems they got so wrapped up over LTT that this has gone right over their heads. Perfect!

Guest jamesshot
I don't mean to be contrary but frankly I don't really care if LTT is cut -- it was one of the more boring performances. Yes, she's on that cross, but... she's just on a cross for awhile, it's not very exciting.

I care and dont care at the same time. It would suck that such a beautiful performance would not be seen. I dont understand why they couldnt air LTT with some clever editing, as I stated earlier, do closeups, one quick long shot, then show the videos of the orphans until she gets down off the cross. A little compromise might work. I really think this concert would be a huge ratings draw and COADF would FOR SURE see a return to the TOp 200. Not saying it would sell 50,000 or anything but maybe enough to get its 2xplat cert sooner than later.

It's a shame people won't get to see the beautiful sight of Madonna on the cross but Live To Tell Wasn't the climax of the show for me anyway so no biggie I guess.

Typical

I watched an episode of COLD CASE last night, the show eneded with LIVE TO TELL and it sounded so haunting and beautiful

But i digress

God America is shit sometimes, bloody christians...fucking religion...ugh

I can sort of understand it cos of the loony Christian brigade who boycott everything, even tho most of the ones in these groups are either gay, perverts, with hookers or on the drugs, fucking hypocrites

She also happens to be singing one of the greatest songs of her career while she's "just on a cross for a while".

:rolleyes:

Guest Topaz Scorpio
God America is shit sometimes, bloody christians...fucking religion...ugh

Not for nothing, but it was countries like Germany, Italy, and Russia that threatened to have the show shut down, have Madonna arrested, have Madonna excommunicated, or had massive citizen protests against the tour.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
um james I thought you was gay.Was I wrong.If you are a gay you cant be a damn christian dear.And Im sayin that with as much love as I can possibly give you.

Its love on my part doll

Vanity, that isn't exactly true. If you go to the root values of what Christianity is about, meaning peace, love, tolerance, goodwill towards others, etc. then that does not preclude a gay person from being a Christian. It is those who have followed upon Christ's teachings through the years who have warped those values into a twisted conservative system designed to instill fear and guilt into the religion's followers in order to maintain a level of control. There are Christian divisions such as the Unitarian Universalists that are made up of many gay members.

I for one have no use for organized religion as I don't feel I need to be told who/what I should believe in and how I should worship him/her/it. But I don't fault those who seek organized religion in their life...well, except those who support those groups that spew bile and hatred.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
uh i been lost respect for that hoe years ago when she bowed to the pressure of her original al video.And its funny these nutty ass fans are making excuses for her when it concerns that

madonna has gotten pathetic

I kind of lost a bit of respect for her at that point too, for not standing her ground, but after watching everything that was going on at the time, I think she probably did what was best. I mean, she talked about receiving death threats towards herself and her children, and that was the breaking point for her, so I do respect her for putting family first.

And career-wise it was probably smart as can be seen with the Dixie Chicks, who went from top of the world to rock bottom and still haven't fully recovered just for expressing anti-war views. That was a very uncomfortable and borderline scary time in this country. It felt like a chill of McCarthyism had settled over the country.

I think I'd lose more respect for her if she didn't let it air. She needs to realize she has a fanbase outside of the West Coast and Northeast, which she is constantly skipping and a great portion of which does not have HBO or Showtime or any other such commercial-free network. Throw your fans a bone once in a while.

In the grand scheme of things it's one song in an entire show that of millions of fans from the past three decades missed. It's not worth screwing them over for one song to appease the hardcore fans on sites like this that saw it a half dozen times each.

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna
uh i been lost respect for that hoe years ago when she bowed to the pressure of her original al video.And its funny these nutty ass fans are making excuses for her when it concerns that

madonna has gotten pathetic

I lost respect for her then too but some people aren't getting that.