Madonna's costumes for her S&S Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andra

LOADS of spoilers in this new Women's Wear Daily article about M's new costumes, including the names of the four sections for the show which are:

* Gangsta Pimp Section

* Old School Section

* Gypsy Section

* Futuristic Rave Section

Here's the Article with three pics:

Madonna's Costumes for her Sticky and Sweet Tour

By Jacob Bernstein

Posted Tuesday August 05, 2008

Last Edited Monday August 04, 2008

From WWD Issue 08/05/2008

Most people are lucky to work with Madonna once. Costume designer Arianne Phillips has lasted 11 years, from the singer's Pre-Raphaelite look for "Ray of Light" to the urban cowgirl of "Music" to the Patty Hearst look of "American Life" and on and on and on. In other words, measured in Madonna time, Phillips is roughly 77 years old.

Still, La Ciccone's upcoming "Sticky and Sweet" tour has had its own unique challenges for her longtime stylist. "Normally we prep in April and May, and open in June," says Phillips. "This time, the tour begins in August. It's a nightmare. Everyone in Italy and France is on a beach sunning themselves."

Thankfully, everyone is a bit of an exaggeration, as Phillips goes on to detail a mile-long list of willing collaborators and everything they've designed for the trek, which begins Aug. 23 in Cardiff, Wales, and comes to the United States in early October. Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci designed two outfits, while Tom Ford provided bespoke suits for the band. Three pairs of shoes have been custom-made by Miu Miu, there are thigh-high boots courtesy of Stella McCartney, sunglasses from Moschino, and other outfits and odds and ends from Yves Saint Laurent, Roberto Cavalli, and Jeremy Scott.

Like her shows in the past, this tour will be divided into four sections. The first references gangsta pimp and Art Deco with Givenchy costumes. This, it would seem, is Madonna's current take on her longest-running fashion inspiration — the dominatrix. "It's a theme that runs throughout her career" Phillips says. "She's not afraid of being hard." The second section has been termed "Old School," and harkens back to Madonna's early days in New York, with Scott's outfit and some vintage prints from Keith Haring, the late graffiti artist and friend of Madonna who died of AIDS in 1990. "He and Madonna were friends. If her were alive, it would be his 50th birthday as well. So I thought, 'What if we revisited that?'" Afterward, there's a gypsy section with more costumes from Givenchy. "Riccardo's a new young talent. If you look at Madonna's history with fashion, that makes him an obvious choice." Finally, there's a futuristic rave section with lots of Japanese influences.

And while The New York Times complained recently about Madonna's style choices, Phillips says getting older has had little effect on her sense of fashion adventure. "She always wants to push the envelope. There are no vanity considerations based on her age." As Phillips adds seconds later, "She looks good in everything.

madona-costume3.jpg

Givenchy's gypsy outfit.

madona-costume2.jpg

A Phillips sketch for the "Old School" section

madona-costume1.jpg

Arianne Phillips costume sketch.

source: http://www.wwd.com/lifestyle-news/madonnas...et-tour-1703286

Wow they look great!! love them all...interesting that the last section is called - Futuristic Rave... well having a sample of Felix - Don't You Want Me in like a prayer..well RAVE ON!!! dosent look like theres any from the gangsta Pimp section yet..i wonder what they'll be like?? CANT WAIT! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think the rave section will be Klaxons style, and if that is the case then thats very cool albeit 3 years too late haha

they had rhianna in one of them big rave cloak things when she performed with them at the Brits this year

Guest Danny86
I think the rave section will be Klaxons style, and if that is the case then thats very cool albeit 3 years too late haha

they had rhianna in one of them big rave cloak things when she performed with them at the Brits this year

Or it's just a throwback to Blond Ambition Tour? :wink:

I think the costumes are great and they are a nice surprise, not even the "M-Dolla" outfit is the albumcover rip off everyone predicted it to be. ;)

Or it's just a throwback to Blond Ambition Tour? :wink:

I think the costumes are great and they are a nice surprise, not even the "M-Dolla" outfit is the albumcover rip off everyone predicted it to be. ;)

There are going to be more costumes for sure.

Guest Danny86
There are going to be more costumes for sure.

I know, but the old school segment will be act 2, and everyone expected Madonna to wear her boxing outfit from the albumcover.

LOADS of spoilers in this new Women's Wear Daily article about M's new costumes, including the names of the four sections for the show which are:

* Gangsta Pimp Section

* Old School Section

* Gypsy Section

* Futuristic Rave Section

Here's the Article with three pics:

Madonna's Costumes for her Sticky and Sweet Tour

By Jacob Bernstein

Posted Tuesday August 05, 2008

Last Edited Monday August 04, 2008

From WWD Issue 08/05/2008

Most people are lucky to work with Madonna once. Costume designer Arianne Phillips has lasted 11 years, from the singer's Pre-Raphaelite look for "Ray of Light" to the urban cowgirl of "Music" to the Patty Hearst look of "American Life" and on and on and on. In other words, measured in Madonna time, Phillips is roughly 77 years old.

Still, La Ciccone's upcoming "Sticky and Sweet" tour has had its own unique challenges for her longtime stylist. "Normally we prep in April and May, and open in June," says Phillips. "This time, the tour begins in August. It's a nightmare. Everyone in Italy and France is on a beach sunning themselves."

Thankfully, everyone is a bit of an exaggeration, as Phillips goes on to detail a mile-long list of willing collaborators and everything they've designed for the trek, which begins Aug. 23 in Cardiff, Wales, and comes to the United States in early October. Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci designed two outfits, while Tom Ford provided bespoke suits for the band. Three pairs of shoes have been custom-made by Miu Miu, there are thigh-high boots courtesy of Stella McCartney, sunglasses from Moschino, and other outfits and odds and ends from Yves Saint Laurent, Roberto Cavalli, and Jeremy Scott.

Like her shows in the past, this tour will be divided into four sections. The first references gangsta pimp and Art Deco with Givenchy costumes. This, it would seem, is Madonna's current take on her longest-running fashion inspiration — the dominatrix. "It's a theme that runs throughout her career" Phillips says. "She's not afraid of being hard." The second section has been termed "Old School," and harkens back to Madonna's early days in New York, with Scott's outfit and some vintage prints from Keith Haring, the late graffiti artist and friend of Madonna who died of AIDS in 1990. "He and Madonna were friends. If her were alive, it would be his 50th birthday as well. So I thought, 'What if we revisited that?'" Afterward, there's a gypsy section with more costumes from Givenchy. "Riccardo's a new young talent. If you look at Madonna's history with fashion, that makes him an obvious choice." Finally, there's a futuristic rave section with lots of Japanese influences.

And while The New York Times complained recently about Madonna's style choices, Phillips says getting older has had little effect on her sense of fashion adventure. "She always wants to push the envelope. There are no vanity considerations based on her age." As Phillips adds seconds later, "She looks good in everything.

madona-costume3.jpg

Givenchy's gypsy outfit.

madona-costume2.jpg

A Phillips sketch for the "Old School" section

madona-costume1.jpg

Arianne Phillips costume sketch.

source: http://www.wwd.com/lifestyle-news/madonnas...et-tour-1703286

:thumbsup: i love them.

Do you think her hair is going to look like that on the tour? I think so, looks great

I've read that we won't be dissapointed by her hair ;)

I think it'll look like in the 4 Minutes video.

Guest chatty kathy
the first two are quite similar with the "rough" sketched we've seen earlier...

:thumbsup: Yeah, I didn't take them too seriously, thinking they were fake.

But this proves they weren't to me. These ones are just such better drawings.

The ones we saw earlier literally must have been the beginning sketches.

Fucking love the pagan outfit - reminds me of ROL era. the others are great, too.

This one will have the 'put your vadge away/you're too old' brigade in UPROAR :lmao:

madona-costume2.jpg

loves it!!! we all know at the end we won't see the All Stars, we'll see the same boots. Hope not-