"Miles Away" USA Airplay/Sales/Billboard Charts Thread

mtzlplk

Guest Nichu94
Rihanna is hot, young and fresh. All her songs have been hits. Radio loves her. A Ri Ri and Madge duet would be brilliant.

I'm tired of Rihanna Justin Timbaland & co!

A duet with Rihanna would be the less original thing Madonna could do!

Stop with duet and come back with Madonna solo! Madonna of COADF, of ROL! The best Madonna!

"Miles Away" abdicates the throne this week on all its Billboard charts...

Hot 100 Sales: #6 (-5)

Dance Airplay: #3 (-2)

Maxi-Single Sales: #3 (-2)

Guest superman
I'm tired of Rihanna Justin Timbaland & co!

A duet with Rihanna would be the less original thing Madonna could do!

Stop with duet and come back with Madonna solo! Madonna of COADF, of ROL! The best Madonna!

but the problem is, its difficult to see madonna sells single alone by herself. they say she cant sell album/single anymore because she is too old. Ageism is a big issue in our society, sad but true. (even radios no interests to play her songs)

Guest superman
I need more organic sound from Madonna.

yeah, but no radio would play her music, no matter how organic sound from Madonna. We have to admit, she needs to duet with young artists. period!!

Guest Danny86
yeah, but no radio would play her music, no matter how organic sound from Madonna. We have to admit, she needs to duet with young artists. period!!

There's a whole world outside the US radio stations you know. So you'd prefer Madonna to duet with younger artists on all of her upcoming albums only to get radio airplay instead of getting music you actually like?

*sigh*

for me, another testament of MILES AWAY's mass appeal... if only radio played it... ugh

i was in the car with 3 of my basketball players (yes, I have a team), all straight definitely, and Miles Away was playing and they were jamming real good to the chorus... to think it was the first time they heard it...

*sigh*

Guest superman
There's a whole world outside the US radio stations you know. So you'd prefer Madonna to duet with younger artists on all of her upcoming albums only to get radio airplay instead of getting music you actually like?

YES, I HATE TO ADMIT!! - in order to sell albums (in U.S that is)

Guest superman
*sigh*

for me, another testament of MILES AWAY's mass appeal... if only radio played it... ugh

i was in the car with 3 of my basketball players (yes, I have a team), all straight definitely, and Miles Away was playing and they were jamming real good to the chorus... to think it was the first time they heard it...

*sigh*

ohh, sounds hot! theyre straight? very nice. lol and you have a team? what is your role?

Guest Danny86
YES, I HATE TO ADMIT!! - in order to sell albums (in U.S that is)

:megamanson:

You can't be serious. With that other post of yours in the club play thread, you're giving "obsessive loon" a new meaning.

Guest Danny86
So why Coadf, without duets and withour airplay, sold 1 million more than HC? All due to Xmas release?

Because of holiday sales, ABBA sample appearing to a different (CD buying crowd), comeback hype after RIT & Live8, going back to dance with new dazzling image, and most importantly, because back then albums still sold more and digital singles sold less. "Hung Up" started off with 25,000 downloads while "4 Minutes" with around 200,000. Oh and "Hung Up" got decent airplay (compared to AL) and the video also helped a lot.

Because of holiday sales, ABBA sample appearing to a different (CD buying crowd), comeback hype after RIT & Live8, going back to dance with new dazzling image, and most importantly, because back then albums still sold more and digital singles sold less. "Hung Up" started off with 25,000 downloads while "4 Minutes" with around 200,000. Oh and "Hung Up" got decent airplay (compared to AL) and the video also helped a lot.

As you see, she did ALL by herself, because a sample is NOT a duet. So the story about her age is clearly a stupid argument. If Hung up was released in this iTunes (boom) era it could have sold just like 4 Minutes (maybe more).