"Miles Away" USA Airplay/Sales/Billboard Charts Thread

mtzlplk

Guest superman

Woop!!!

At the 20th annual World Music Awards held in Monaco, Monte Carlo last night, Madonna won an award for the best selling American artist worldwide this year. Madonna was not there to accept her award because she was busy performing her Sticky & Sweet Tour in Las Vegas this weekend. This World Music award is in recognition for Madonna's album Hard Candy having the highest global sales for an artist from the United States this year.

Congratulations to Madonna!

F.Y.I. Hard Candy is currently the 3rd best selling album worldwide this year.

2008's BEST SELLERS TO DATE

Coldplay Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 5.728.000 5.922.400

Duffy Rockferry 3.758.000 3.884.320

Madonna Hard Candy 3.094.500 3.206.180

Soundtrack Mamma Mia! 2.890.000 2.964.240

Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 2.889.000 2.990.240

Metallica Death Magnetic 2.857.000 2.857.000

Guest superbu

Nine different "Miles Away" digital singles up on Amazon, with samples, available to buy on November 24:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L5XXC...03&sr=102-5

Versions:

Miles Away Remixes

1. Radio Edit

2. Thin White Duke Edit

3. Morgan Page Edit

4. Johnny Vicious Edit

5. Rebirth Edit

6. Aaron LaCrate & Samir B-more Gutter Edit

And extended versions available as one-track singles:

Thin White Duke Remix

Johnny Vicious Warehouse Mix

Johnny Vicious Club Mix

Aaron LaCrate & Samir B-more Gutter Remix

Morgan Page Remix

Rebirth Remix

Morgan Page Dub

Guest superman

The release of the video for Miles Away was scheduled for today however the release got postponed.

The video isn't ready and can take up to two weeks before we get to see it.

Hopefully more information soon

Thanks to Warner Music NL and our friends at MadonnaUnderground

Guest hotstickyandsweet

Mile Away has doubled spins and now has an AI over .100 things looking up a bit. Lets's pray for at least 2 million AI will boost sales through holidays to put HC between 700,00 and 750,00o sound unlikely but how surprised are we of the gains each week with the tour!! GO MILES AWAY LOVES IT!

Guest hotstickyandsweet

^ Up to 40 spins now and a somewhat decent AI. Do you think there's any shot of a wild card hit single out of this that would keep Hard Candy afloat through the holidays?? I think so because this if hear from people wouldn't sound like anything they expect fro Hard Candy from previous singles.

^ Up to 40 spins now and a somewhat decent AI. Do you think there's any shot of a wild card hit single out of this that would keep Hard Candy afloat through the holidays?? I think so because this if hear from people wouldn't sound like anything they expect fro Hard Candy from previous singles.

The gains on spins is probably thanks to the remix version , no chance for MA in US

40 spins is not decent. Not even 4000 spins can be considered decend unfortunately. Only an amazing video could do something for MA, but I'm afraid not even the video will be decent...

Guest hotstickyandsweet

46 spins, about to pass GI2M!! Wonder why the spike in spins. All you know it alls on this site can say what you want, but there's a reason that's positive that the spin increase is like 800% more than 10 days ago. Yeah yeah yeah we know there's no potential, but for fuck sake enjoy ANY plays at all at this point!

Guest hotstickyandsweet

Again, no promo and Miles Away looks like it might have a decent run on the usual rhythmic stations. I know 57 spins is hardly anything to get excited about but the spins have increased drastically and AI is over .225, damn this song is HOT hopefully some AC and Hot AC will pick up on this before the holidays. In my opinion, that's what killed Jump in 2006. It was damn close to top 100, 105 to be exact when stations were playing it. Then came the holidays and it fizzled and a handful of stations started spinning it but was to late. Jump still averages around 20 or so spins a week...LOL

Again, no promo and Miles Away looks like it might have a decent run on the usual rhythmic stations. I know 57 spins is hardly anything to get excited about but the spins have increased drastically and AI is over .225, damn this song is HOT hopefully some AC and Hot AC will pick up on this before the holidays. In my opinion, that's what killed Jump in 2006. It was damn close to top 100, 105 to be exact when stations were playing it. Then came the holidays and it fizzled and a handful of stations started spinning it but was to late. Jump still averages around 20 or so spins a week...LOL

I love Miles away and I'm sad that US radio station don't pay attention to this song but it's the same long story since American life album in 2003, Hollywood - Nothing fails - Love profusion - Sorry - Get together - Jump were completely forgot by radio stations , they play only a Madonna first single with a decent nr of spins.

Only dance stations & clubs give the right tribute to those songs.

This doesn't happen in Europe where Madonna songs are usually played a lot on the radio.

Guest hotstickyandsweet

What is going on with Miles Away?? The airplay isn't exactly taking off but has increased drastically with pop stations playing it now too. Can anyone PLEASE find out what stations are playing it because AI is over .300 now, a far cry from like .040 recently. Maybe we could have a sleeper hit on our handa....fingers crossed!

hotsticky, you sure are a dreamer, aren't ya? :) Or maybe just newbie ignorance (and I mean that with all due respect, not a diss. hehe) There will be no sleeper hit with MA, you can take that as a guarantee, pretty much.

Maybe for some reason it was spun on Open House Party?

Energy 92.7 in San Francisco has added this to their playlist. Hence the increase in spins.

This has 3 spins from pop, I would rather it be one station with 3 spins, that is more promising than 3 stations with 1 spin. They could just be weekend remix shows on particular stations.

Edited by moboy

Guest hotstickyandsweet
hotsticky, you sure are a dreamer, aren't ya? :) Or maybe just newbie ignorance (and I mean that with all due respect, not a diss. hehe) There will be no sleeper hit with MA, you can take that as a guarantee, pretty much.

Maybe for some reason it was spun on Open House Party?

I know.....LOL.....Just keep thinking that people that see the tour and haven't heard anything else except 4M might actually have some interest in the CD now and maybe requesting Miles Away?? Can you find out what pop stations are spinning it? Dying to know. Wouldn't be funny (dreaming of course) that there are like 50 spins at pop and a couple of 100 at rhythmic by next week? I'd be happy with an AI of at least 4 or 5 million, likely no, possibly maybe! If Hot AC would give this a shot I really believe sales could stabilize enough to keep HC on the charts longer than Confessions. (lol) Ya never know. As ALWAYS looking forward to your response. 3 MORE DAYS TILL MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :horn::vogue::thumbsup: :vanitybonet: