"Miles Away" USA Airplay/Sales/Billboard Charts Thread

mtzlplk

Guest HydroTrippin
It has not been given an "add" date yet. And it probably won't have one.

So does that mean it'll only get about 5-10 spins a day like it has been for the past few weeks ?

Guest superman

that means officially only 2 single released in U.S??

Lets hope, there will be 3rd.

as in U.K. - its Nov. 24 - released date

and for Music video will be released on Nov. 17.

So does that mean it'll only get about 5-10 spins a day like it has been for the past few weeks ?

It gets 5 spins a week...

Guest gintonic

Could somebody explain it to me 'cause I'm not American...how can a single from a known artist like Madonna is getting released without getting a radio add date? Does it cost to send the single to the radio and WB decided not to spend anymore money on her anymore? :confused:

Guest Eternal Flame
Could somebody explain it to me 'cause I'm not American...how can a single from a known artist like Madonna is getting released without getting a radio add date? Does it cost to send the single to the radio and WB decided not to spend anymore money on her anymore? :confused:

WB has inevitably realized that Madonna doesn't get airplay here, especially on a third single from a so-so selling album. Why go to the trouble of sending it to multiple radio formats when there's a 1 in 10,000 chance it will succeed? The physical releases they still do for Madonna are a bit redundant honestly, as the US single market has been dead for years and I think they just do it to humor the US loons, as it's one of the few things we still get here. It's not like the singles sell gangbusters or anything, they sell very little in the big picture, to be honest I can't see the label continuing to dish out the physical singles to the US for much longer as it has become a bit tedious really.

Guest gintonic

To send the single to the radio is pretty easy but to get it played is quite different story. We are talking about a market which is so 'urban' rather than pop -dance. Sad news for Madonna fans, today's programmers/radios in the US consider each Madonna song on a case-by-case basis to determine if it fits mainstream top 40, adult top 40, both or neither!

Lately, I noticed there are hundreds of Britney's blogs provided links specifically for fans to request and vote 'Womanizer' in order to boost the 'airplay' in the US. Not surprised Womanizer jumped from #96 to #1. If we want the same thing for Madonna especially with her latest single 'Miles Away' to be at least in the Top 10 again, in this case is we need to increase her airplay, hit the (digital) sales around 100k-200k on its 1st/2nd week of its release like '4 Minutes' or even better a combination of both like Coldplay with 'Viva la Vida'.

I agree with Eternal Flame above. The singles market dwindled in the US and it is quite necessary for Billboard to adjust the sales/airplay ratio.

*Radio audience- 55 %

*Digital sales- 40 %

*Streaming video ( from Yahoo, AOL, MSN)- 5 %

*Physical singles- 1 %

..of the Billboard Top 100 chart's total points.

It is rather presumptuous to proclaim 'airplay or chart -determines success' but IMO, the real factor that will determine her longevity in the US chart these days must begin with us. If we 'want' more, the song will there to stay and hopefully the public will follow.

Whether it is due to policy, trend, genre, marketing, politic, payola or age, it is important for us to keep requesting from Djs, stations, get it listed in the mediabase play lists across the US and vote again, again and again. Having said that, Madonna used to enjoy this kind of success- a record for 'the highest debut in history' in 1992 when the lead single and title track from her album 'Erotica' debuted at #2 on the Hot 100 Airplay Chart.

These days without consistency support especially fan websites, it is becoming more difficult for Madonna to be even in the US Top 40.

Edited by gintonic

what are the music station in USA who can possibly play MILES AWAYS ... if we request... can someone give us the links ? just to try to help her

Guest mvitale
Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna

They haven't sent it to radio for adds properly at all; in fact, there's not even a real confirmation that it's the third single in AMERICA, only in Europe, in which it will at least have add dates. The Beat Goes On would be a guarentee hit at this point (especially since it's been a while since 4 minutes came out, it'll sound like a fresh new gem), but for whatever reason WB isn't investing in that.

Guest superman

AS THE BILLBOARD SAYS, NOTHING IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET AS THE 3RD SINGLE. SEE BELOW:

I sent an email to Ask the Billboard about Madonna's 3rd single not been in the chart yet, and i made a comments about U.S radio not playing Madonna latest song. here is the answer to my question:

Ask BB (Askbb@billboard.com)

Sent: October 23, 2008 1:50:51 AM

To: Christian XXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

"Miles" hasn't been released in the U.S. yet, or even promoted to radio. I haven't heard anything official from Warner Bros. about a third single in America yet, though I keep reading stuff on fan sites alleging "Miles" is the next single.

AskBB.com

so , how can we expect MILES AWAY to CHART its not even officially released yet and Radio DJ are not playing...

Guest superman

Hey GUYS! MADONNA nominated this year at WORLD MUSIC AWARD on Nov.11 /2008

BEST POP FEMALE ARTIST

MADONNA

LEONA LEWIS

RIHANNA

MARIAH CAREY

i think Leona will win.

Hey GUYS! MADONNA nominated this year at WORLD MUSIC AWARD on Nov.11 /2008

BEST POP FEMALE ARTIST

MADONNA

LEONA LEWIS

RIHANNA

MARIAH CAREY

i think Leona will win.

or Rihanna. M wont win, yet shes most def. ahead of Mimi at least on this one lol.

Guest Danny86
They haven't sent it to radio for adds properly at all; in fact, there's not even a real confirmation that it's the third single in AMERICA, only in Europe, in which it will at least have add dates.

That's correct, it's released in Europe in 2 weeks but no US edition scheduled yet. Amazon.com only lists the UK imports for December 2.

just as we yjought; MA never saw light of day... on to the next album pls

Why don't you take a break till late 2010?

Guest hotstickyandsweet

up to 14 spins!! Double the spins of last week. Hopefully a trend. This song is amazing, and is a shame it won't get the exposure it truly deserves.

Guest superman

but do you know the AIRPLAY for MILES AWAY is going STRONG in EUROPE?!! yes!! its getting stronger and stronger!!:

This week "Miles Away" is going from number 13 to number 11 in the Dutch Top 40. So almost another top 10 hit.

The physical single is expected at the 21st of November so hopefully the single will make it to the top.

Germany TOP 5 Airplay

1 THROUGH THE EYES O REAMONN

2 GOTTA BE SOMEBODY NICKELBACK

3 MILES AWAY MADONNA

4 DISTURBIA RIHANNA

5 THIS IS THE LIFE MACDONALD, AMY

http://www.nielsenmusiccontrol.com/

so dammed you WARNER BROS, in U.S!! who cares now!!