MEMO TO MADONNA: We hate the rock version of "Hung Up"

Apples388

I think if Madonna just sung the song without playing guitar it would be fine or had a guest famous guitarist come jam on some shows like Slash, eddie van halen,,etc.

Its very hard to sing and play guitar at the same time, She really can't play at all, its embarassing. Especially when she did that screeching with the guitar which was supposed to be a guitar solo, any 5 year old can do that.

She shouldn't try to do everything, shes not a guitarist.

Guest Divine

Thank GOD Madonna is the creative force behind everything and NOT her lunatic fans. Thank fucking God for that.

Edited by Divine

Thank GOD Madonna is the creative force behind everything and NOT her lunatic fans. Thank fucking God for that.

Hello dear. You must be lost. ICON forum is that way.

In the words of Eva Duarte Peron, Hello and GOODBYE

Guest thehiltonsuite

I'll sign THAT! :thumbsup:

I'll sign THAT! :thumbsup:

+1

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't get where it sounded bad. It was a nice move to take a different directon on it. She is not about to do the same "Orgy" routine again.

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna

You know I went and listened to it because of this thread, and Paradise Acoustic was my favorite performance from CT in fact, but wow, Hung Up was just awful with its new version. It's just not meant to be like that. not at all, not EVER.

+1

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't get where it sounded bad. It was a nice move to take a different directon on it. She is not about to do the same "Orgy" routine again.

Someone here said that Madonna did a "horrible" guitar solo, LOL! Umm, that's not what she was doing. Madonna made it PAINFULLY clear what WAITING sounded like in her head.

So much for thinking Madonna fans were for the most part intelligent.

My least favorite song from the Hard Candy promo tour.

It just doesnt work, and normally i love all her remixes for the live shows, but this one stunk! the only thing that makes it listenable is to watch the actual performance cause thats all to like, IMO.

I Hope she does not perform this version of Hung Up on the S&S tour. :grr:

Edited by eu4ria

Someone here said that Madonna did a "horrible" guitar solo, LOL! Umm, that's not what she was doing. Madonna made it PAINFULLY clear what WAITING sounded like in her head.

don't be a dick

she just clunked around on the strings because she THINKS she's a fucking female SLASH :dramatic:

:megamanson:

Funny, that's what I thought after reading your post too.

Guitar solo... lmao, Im pretty sure Monte would kick her in the balls if she tried calling that a guitar solo. But still, no more stupid than the opening monolgue she did... the past, but not too far in the past. Fuck the present. Yeah, okay... whatever you say...

I think if Madonna just sung the song without playing guitar it would be fine or had a guest famous guitarist come jam on some shows like Slash, eddie van halen,,etc.

Its very hard to sing and play guitar at the same time, She really can't play at all, its embarassing. Especially when she did that screeching with the guitar which was supposed to be a guitar solo, any 5 year old can do that.

She shouldn't try to do everything, shes not a guitarist.

Slash... Eddie Van Halen, no, that kind of playing style wouldnt fit her show at all.

lets face it......Hung Up is being done the way she wants to do it...so stop complaining

we may not like it but she does...stop yer bitching...its not that bad

The Promo Tour version of HU was embarrassingly bad. But, the idea of a rock version of HU is doable. I found a remix of HU called the Divide & Kreate Rock Remix. I like that remix. Madonna should do that rock remix of HU, BUT she needs to let professionals play the instruments!

This is what waiting sounds like in my head.. *bad offkey riff*

Yes, Madge, that's just so clever and rock'n'roll.

FUCK OFF

do u even know what a riff is, u rubbish gai boy :chuckle:

Guest Danny86
lets face it......Hung Up is being done the way she wants to do it...so stop complaining

we may not like it but she does...stop yer bitching...its not that bad

Of course she's gonna do it the way she wants to, but that doesn't mean we're gonna like it. :p

A nerve??? No, what you said was plain stupid.

Well that's your opinion. I'm sure there were others who disagreed with me but, you're the only one who responded so negatively. O.K, so you think I'm a dick & stupid. It's on record. Happy now?

When she played it at Roseland, I could see the look of complete confusion on her face as she tried to get through the song. Probably the only time I have ever seen her not completely on-mark when performing. If she uses this version for the tour, hopefully more rehearshal will better it.