MADONNA will play BEACH in Montenegro! Sept. 25

gemini1313

TANJUG (national news agency of Republic of Serbia) held a press conference today at hotel "Splendid" in Becici near Budva. The concert was confirmed an hour ago for the 25th September on Jaz beach in Budva, Montenegro.

The organizers are reporting that the concert will last 2 to 2,5 hours and that the stage will be 100 meters long and 10 meters high.

Tickets go on sale on July 11th.

Ticket prices:

Front of stage (standing) 70€

Standing 35€

VIP seating 200€

Source: Richy from Madonnatribe

WOW...is this 1st ever beach show ????????????

That date fits between Vienna and Athens perfectly.

If the weather is great, it should be a FAB concert!

Wouldnt it be cool if she recorded the BEACH CONCERT for a DVD RELEASE?

It would re-capture that LIVE feel that her shows used to have.......they are so tight now.......

Closest budget destiny would be Dubrovnik, Budva is 1 to 1.5 hours south of it.

Here's more info:

http://www.visit-montenegro.com/transport-airports.htm

WOW..if any1 has the chaance to go to this ...just do it !

i live way the fuck in TORONTO CANADA....

i would love to see her preform on a beach setting...

it would be such a UNIQUE experience.

This Montenegro thing is just too funny...

It's one of the newest nations in the world and smallest... it doesn't really have a real economy or anything yet...

I would understand Serbia or Croatia for the Balkan region... but Montenegro... wierd.

anyway if it's true I guess good for them.

This Montenegro thing is just too funny...

It's one of the newest nations in the world and smallest... it doesn't really have a real economy or anything yet...

I would understand Serbia or Croatia for the Balkan region... but Montenegro... wierd.

anyway if it's true I guess good for them.

Well, the Rolling Stones played Jaz Beach last summer to a crowd of about 50,000 (give or take) - so the audiences are there. And Budva is a rapidly growing tourist town which means it draws a lot of people from other countries. One report about the Stones concert said most of the crowd was Serbian and Russian - so obviously people didn't mind traveling here.

http://www.madonna.com/news/news.php?uid=263

Madonna's 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour To Visit Budva

We are happy to confirm that a show in Budva, Montenegro, was just added to Madonna's 2008 tour itinerary. The show will take care at Budva's Jez Beach on September 25th. Tickets will go on sale Friday July 11th at 10am, local time. A devoted fan club presale will start on Wednesday July 9, at 10am LOCAL TIME.

Guest boytoyville
Oh I might consider go there...

btw they show the wrong flag on http://www.livenation.com/madonna/... someone should tell them it's unproffesional. :chuckle:

They show the Serbian flag...

this is the montenegrin flag:

flag_of_montenegro_big.jpg

Seriously that & the fact that they don't have the FOURTH NEW YORK Date on there KILLS me!!! I mean seriously how hard is it to keep that site up! WHO DO WE CONTACT TO LET THEM KNOW OF THE MISTAKES OF THE MISSING DATE & THIS FLAG BUISNESS I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

Seriously that & the fact that they don't have the FOURTH NEW YORK Date on there KILLS me!!! I mean seriously how hard is it to keep that site up! WHO DO WE CONTACT TO LET THEM KNOW OF THE MISTAKES OF THE MISSING DATE & THIS FLAG BUISNESS I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

:chuckle:

I don't know really but I would have contacted them already if I knew.

Detail misses like these also annoys the hell out of me.

I mean it's just so unproffesional.

They show a flag of another country and someone pointed out that they even write the country with the name Yugoslavia on Madonna.com.

Yugoslavia as a nation have not existed for like 15 years. After the break-up, Serbia & Montenegro was a nation together, and since 2006 Montenegro is a fully independent nation, recognized by the world AND Serbia, with it's own flag and all.

SOOOO annoying.

:lol:

Guest Hafo

At tickets.madonna.com, it shows as Budva - ME.

Wonder what's the official 2-letter code for Montenegro (CG perhaps?) On Internet, it still uses YU for its official government site.

Yugoslavia as a nation have not existed for like 15 years.

Actually it's 18 or 6 years, depends on how you look at it :thumbsup:

At tickets.madonna.com, it shows as Budva - ME.

Wonder what's the official 2-letter code for Montenegro (CG perhaps?) On Internet, it still uses YU for its official government site.

Yeah, they changed it at m.com.

Their official code is MNE or ME and they started using .me domain few months ago.

Anyway I'm more concerned about where tickets will be sold. Doesn't say anything on m.com...

Tickets for last year's Rolling Stones concert there were sold by few serbian ticket sites and IPS music stores, but none of them have any news on Madonna yet :confused:

Actually it's 18 or 6 years, depends on how you look at it :thumbsup:

Well it depends on how you look at it.

But Yugoslavia was officially apart in 1992 and then the only "Yugoslavia" that existed was the Serbia & Montenegro union until 2006.

Now from the beginning that remaining part of Yugoslavia sometimes went under the name of Yugoslavia but if we count it as Serbia & Montenegro then it means that there was no more Yugoslavia in 1992, which will be 16 years up to this date.

Huh? She's playing at a beach???

I know! How cool is not that!? :thumbsup:

I wanna go!

---------------------------------

but seriously... livenation.com/madonna should really change the flag to the correct nation... it's so unproffesional!

Guest boytoyville

^ Yeah & add the last fucking new york date it's so irratating, I wish they had a link to contact them.